Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 4
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Very nice work..!

These ships are some incredible pieces of engineering.

Saw this as I was Googling.
    Cyprus-based Ocean Rig has stepped in to buy the sixth generation ultra-deepwater (UDW) drillship Cerrado, which once drilled the giant Libra prospect offshore Brazil, following its owner Brazil-based Schahin Group bankruptcy declaration last April. Ocean Rig paid US$65 million at auction for the UDW drillship, which was built at Samsung Heavy Industries' Geoje, South Korea, yard in 2011. Upon delivery, the ship will now be renamed Ocean Rig Paros. The Cerrado is a S10000E design, which is the same model as Ocean Rig's UDW drillships Ocean Rig Olympia, also built in 2011, and the Ocean Rig Athena, built in 2014, both at the same yard. However, the Cerrado can operate at a maximum 10,000ft water depth and can drill to a maximum depth of 40,000ft. Its dimensions are 748ft x 137.7ft x 39.3ft. Cost new around 600 million.

Unfortunately the low price of oil has hit the offshore industry hard and almost all of these magnificent ships are now out of work. Their drilling contracts are cancelled and Oceanrig has brought three of those, the OCR Olympia, the OCR Apollo and the OCR Paros (the ex Cerrado) to Elefsis bay in Greece and they are laid up, stacked next to each other, together with two Panamax bulkers, also out of work. I often fly over this area and have taken pictures of the stack:

This was taken in July. The crane bulk carrier is now gone and one more rig, the Paros has been added to the stack. With Henrik's permission, I will be making the static versions of the ship stacks in Elefsis bay and releasing it as addon scenery. Some minor repaints in Henrik's amazing models will be needed and then just placements. You will then have many helipads to practice, with closest airports, Elefsis LGEL (base of the HAF ASR Super Pumas) and Megara Army LGMG (Base of Hellenic Army Chinooks, Apaches and Hueys as well as large GA hub). Unfortunately so far no descent addon scenery exists for these airports but hopefully soon there will be.

Largest tanker...?

What is the largest tanker you have modeled..?

Repaints of the models and basic placement is done, showing current situation and real colors and names of ships. I will release this later as a dropbox link on this thread temporarily, as I have started a larger project of showing all ships laid up in the bay as well as the shipyards, refineries and terminals that exist on the shores to make the area more realistic. That will be posted on the library when done. Henrik's models are amazing and a joy to work with!

For this stack of 3 drillships and two panamax bulkers you will have three helipads and two hatch cover landing areas that you can play with:

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Repaints of the models and basic placement is done, showing current situation and real colors and names of ships. I will release this later as a dropbox link on this thread temporarily, as I have started a larger project of showing all ships laid up in the bay as well as the shipyards, refineries and terminals that exist on the shores to make the area more realistic. That will be posted on the library when done. Henrik's models are amazing and a joy to work with!

For this stack of 3 drillships and two panamax bulkers you will have three helipads and two hatch cover landing areas that you can play with:

Hi Dimus,
    This looks really great I saw your PM, but due to work no chance to respond earlier. There are a few ships which could look like the containership you are missing for the stack and which have an empty version - you can check in AI_CSCL_Vancouver, AI_Maersk_Djibuti, and AI_Shanghai_4800 and see which one suits the best.
    Henrik

Thanks Henrik! I'll try your suggestions. Any chance for the incomplete panamax hull?

You can find the 5 laid up ships here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ay%20Ships.zip

Closest airports are LGMG and LGEL. From LGMG fly 6.5 miles to the east to find the ships. From LGEL fly 4 miles south west.

I'll continue to expand the scenery and upload when ready.

Thanks Henrik! I'll try your suggestions. Any chance for the incomplete panamax hull?

You can find the 5 laid up ships here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ay%20Ships.zip

Closest airports are LGMG and LGEL. From LGMG fly 6.5 miles to the east to find the ships. From LGEL fly 4 miles south west.

The incomplete hull has been shipped in a PM

What is the largest tanker you have modeled..?
    The largest tankers in the project are the Maersk Nucleus, Dorra, and Al Shegaya - all around 333 meters so far shorter than the big container ships.

Below a small comparison between MSC Zoe, Dorra, and a USS Bainbridge - a standard US destroyer, which when you visit her is already a big ship...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16091710275916112914497190.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    The largest tankers in the project are the Maersk Nucleus, Dorra, and Al Shegaya - all around 333 meters so far shorter than the big container ships.

Below a small comparison between MSC Zoe, Dorra, and a USS Bainbridge - a standard US destroyer, which when you visit her is already a big ship...

Very nice, thanks...

Great for the heli pilots out here...!

Great for the heli pilots out here...!
    And there will be more... We will do a static pack with drill ships located in their real positions around the world (as it was in 2015 before they started to be put out of service) and the pack will of course be coordinated with the Global AI Ship Project, so supply ships etc will serve them...

For the moment here is a shot of a Brazilian variant of the Saipem drill ship the Sertao which is in service of the coast of Rio de Janerio. If somebody knows which kind of warning lights there are on the derrick, please say so - for the moment I have added two red flashing lights, but that is a guess...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16091702344116112914497595.jpg   16091702344216112914497596.jpg  

And there will be more... We will do a static pack with drill ships located in their real positions around the world (as it was in 2015 before they started to be put out of service) and the pack will of course be coordinated with the Global AI Ship Project, so supply ships etc will serve them...

For the moment here is a shot of a Brazilian variant of the Saipem drill ship the Sertao which is in service of the coast of Rio de Janerio. If somebody knows which kind of warning lights there are on the derrick, please say so - for the moment I have added two red flashing lights, but that is a guess...

Here is a video that shows an incredible number of lights in the derrick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnlZi009Y4

I was thinking about other animation like exhaust from the stacks.
    Spinning radars on the the bridge.
    Seawater discharges from the side of the ship

Videos

Here are two videos by Maersk, one showing workings on a drill ship, the other a deep water semi-submersible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fQiV4eYFyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguoULvWVzo

Thanks for the link having fun with your scenery its close enough to the airport not to be a drag and a few options of where to land.

You're welcome. Glad you like it. It's the actual current location of these ships. I'll enhance it more soon. Btw I have to mention that I have not adapted the night textures yet. I need to check what lights are used in laid up condition. Probably just a red light on top as the ships are in hybernation and fuel consumption is kept to a minimum. I need to check the regulations.

Here is a video that shows an incredible number of lights in the derrick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnlZi009Y4

I was thinking about other animation like exhaust from the stacks.
    Spinning radars on the the bridge.
    Seawater discharges from the side of the ship
    Hi

Thanks for the videos The one with West Auriga I had not seen - very useful and a good illustration of the complexity of these ships. The one with Maersk I actually used as inspiration - it is an impressive robot ship...
    Regards to animations of the model. Radar is animated, smoke stack is with smoke... I will have to see if I can do a sea water discharge - could be use on other models also.

An oil rig will not work for long without supplies... So next up a bunch of supply ships

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16091805140816112914500546.jpg  

An oil rig will not work for long without supplies... So next up a bunch of supply ships

Just keeps getting better and better..

Just keeps getting better and better..

Thanks - now they also got into the virtual water...

Bourbon Mistral

CBO Flamengo in Rio de Janeiro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16092210162216112914509726.jpg   16092210162116112914509725.jpg   16092210162116112914509724.jpg  

All 3 stacks completed with Henrik's help. The ships are dark in the night with only hazard lights showing according to regs. You can get the scenery here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ay%20Ships.zip

If you got the previous version delete it and replace with this one.

Hopefully soon there will be a larger scenery with most of the coastal industrial complexes in the Athens area, and more ships, static and moving.

All 3 stacks completed with Henrik's help. The ships are dark in the night with only hazard lights showing according to regs. You can get the scenery here:

Excellent, thanks.!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ay%20Ships.zip

If you got the previous version delete it and replace with this one.

Hopefully soon there will be a larger scenery with most of the coastal industrial complexes in the Athens area, and more ships, static and moving.
    The result became really nice!

Thanks Henrik. A fourth drillship has just been added to the stack, the OCR MYLOS. A recon mission is under planning to take the necessary pictures. Maybe tomorrow or in the weekend I'll be able to fly over.

Unfortunately, I can not find good free satellite images of the shores so maybe my ambition for a shore scenery will not bear fruits, we'll see.

Thanks Henrik. A fourth drillship has just been added to the stack, the OCR MYLOS.
    Ouch...

A chart showing rig availability...

http://www.ocean-rig.com/fleet/rig_availability

Ouch...

A chart showing rig availability...

http://www.ocean-rig.com/fleet/rig_availability
    Maybe they should start offering accomodation onboard as an alternative place for a Greek holiday....

Members who have read this thread: 12