Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 24
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Thanks for your help with this Gary.
    The .bgl file is included in the Global Ships Traffic v2 that this thread is about.
    I downloaded that program you suggested and pointed it to the folder I have the file in but it doesn't seem to see it/ load it.

----

Oh hang on a minute - I've got it working now. I chose wrong folders for source and destination.
    It's making sense now thanks.

Managed to open the .kml in a flight planning app as you can see - the course takes the boat straight into one of the solent forts. I just need to shift that over a bit.

Blame Orbx England as the forts are not there in default scenery.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Having decompiled the .bgl I can't see any LAT/ LONG Waypoints at all in the /txt/ csv files and yet the .kml file shows the course - all the way from Plymouth - up the channel and in to Pompey!

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

What is the name of the .bgl you are using?
    I will look and see to adjust the plot if I can know the name.

You can also open the .kml in Google Earth and adjust it yourself (if you have GE).

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    What is the name of the .bgl you are using?
    I will look and see to adjust the plot if I can know the name.

You can also open the .kml in Google Earth and adjust it yourself (if you have GE).
    The sailings are spread across multiple .bgl's. Each one represents one of the fleet - they're not in convoy in a single .bgl.
    Lusty in one, then Duncan, then Dragon, Then a couple of other earlier destroyers then Ocean bringing up the rear.

I tried to edit the .kml in GE but could not find a way to do it.

Thank you so much for looking at this.

Jim

Jim,

Unzip the attached file and replace your .bgl with these.
    The RN should make it into port

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jim,

Unzip the attached file and replace your .bgl with these.
    The RN should make it into port

Joe
    That is why this forum is the best place ever for Flight Simulation (and Boats!).

Joe, a thousand Thank You's.

Jim
    Jim

You are welcome.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-22-004.jpg   -2020-jul-22-001.jpg  

Lovely old and new there.

Here we are this morning. Obstacles avoided!

I'm going to try and get my head round editing the .kml as there berthed positions are a bit screwed up. The two D45's end up colliding. That's my challenge for today.
    Again, many many thanks,
    Jim

Joe,

Gary,

Your help and advice has led to a whole new set of skills that I've kind of been getting the hang of today and will go on studying and hopefully become conversant with.

Watching the convoy manoeuvre in and out of Pompey today according to courses set in .kml files, converted to .bgl, and timings, etc, has been great.

Isn't this a wonderful hobby and what a great place SOH is.

Thank you both so much,

Jim
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Joe,

Gary,

Your help and advice has led to a whole new set of skills that I've kind of been getting the hang of today and will go on studying and hopefully become conversant with.

Watching the convoy manoeuvre in and out of Pompey today according to courses set in .kml files, converted to .bgl, and timings, etc, has been great.

Isn't this a wonderful hobby and what a great place SOH is.

Thank you both so much,

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Would you mind sending me the corrected files for inclusion in a future update? Sorry for not seeing your posts yesterday, but happy to see it solved.

Henrik

And ps...
    Just found this little video on youtube including ships from the project and also other sources including ODG.

And pps...
    Plenty of new ships are on their way...

Hello Henrik,

Not sure how to upload files to SOH.

Thank you for your wonderful work.
    Not sure if this has worked.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Would you mind sending me the corrected files for inclusion in a future update? Sorry for not seeing your posts yesterday, but happy to see it solved.
    Henrik
    Henrik,
    Bear in mind the changes I had made and those of Jim are with respect to ORBX scenery. They may not be workable for the generic FSX or P3D scenery. You have very successfully produced routes for the thousands(?) of your ships. Be careful not to fall down the slippery slope of "make it correct for all simulators and all variations of scenery".

@ Jim - You found my PM helpful, eh ?

Henrik,
    Bear in mind the changes I had made and those of Jim are with respect to ORBX scenery. They may not be workable for the generic FSX or P3D scenery. You have very successfully produced routes for the thousands(?) of your ships. Be careful not to fall down the slippery slope of "make it correct for all simulators and all variations of scenery".

@ Jim - You found my PM helpful, eh ?
    I will test them in FSX standard, however the routes are generally optimized for ORBX Vector and diverse photo sceneries as they generally match Google Earth - that method with Google Earth however does have the flaw that small "things" in the sea tend to be omitted by Google Earth so I have had ships sitting solid on small rocks forgotten by Google but not by ORBX or even FSX standard. Anyway, somewhere in the manual it tells that you will have some stranded ships once in a while especially if just using FSX standard - e.g. for Amazonas river traffic FSX is just hopeless.

MSFS2020 AI ships...

Today Knud managed to put the first of our ships into MSFS2020 - we are still far from understanding how it works, but to see one of the ships there tells us the Global AI Ship Traffic project can have a future in MSFS2020.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20082508162916112916982312.jpg  

This is very, very good news.
    And you've done what Asobo couldn't do with the wake effects.
    Jim

Really great news Henrik!

Lack of ships and lack of wake effects is one of the big issues imho in MSFS.

Very good news indeed.

Henrik, good news !
    I didnt notice any ships or boat in MSFS with slider 50%, see this corner for MSFS http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...here-any-boats .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Marc alias Flying V has managed to move the whole package into MSFS in one go - I will test and return in the coming days, but for those curious you can find the tuto in French here: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewto...id=51877&p=104
    There might be some issues with a few models, but overall it seems to work.

All ships transferred today also on my computer... Most were transferred without problems, but a minor part has different issues in the mdl file. But they are moving around as they should and generally it looks good.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20090811551916112917015890.jpg  

This is great news. If MSFS2020 is missing one thing, it's your ships.

Great Work - Amazing

Well I finally have this amazing package working in FSX. What a delight, brings the world to life in more ways than one. I just want to say thank you to Kl791 and others and to say how much this is appreciated and enjoyed. As I tend to do a lot of flying boat simming - to get this working and to be constantly surprised but who or what turns up is just great. Today I was testing some new scenery for Madeira and had the Solent flying boat in Funchal Harbour. There was a big white portugese 4 master and several other merchantmen coming and going and the odd liner or two. Very very impressive.

A humbling experience was that I could not get them to show for a very long time and I finally found the culprit(s) several old FS9 traffic bgl's that had been lurking on my system. With them cleaned out - all appeared as if by magic. Now to see how it goes with P3DV5 (another job for another time!)

So again thank you and when the classic ships become available - add me to the list!

Couple of Screenshots

Yeah I know but I am excited:

JBK Short Solent FSX - Funchal Harbour (Aerosoft Madeira Scenery) Plus ORBX.

A late Merry Christmas to all... Today starts Beta Testing, not of anything for MSFS, but a complete set of around 200 ships from the sixties and routes across the world including e.g. New York, Miami, Havana, Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Le Havre, Brest, Southampton for P3D and FSX..

SS Canberra in New York

Queen Mary by Erwin Welker departing New York

German Navy ships from the sixties by Erwin Welker approaching Kiel

A tug near Le Havre

Hydrofoils between Copenhagen and Malmo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20122606163916112917187747.jpg   20122606205316112917187757.jpg   20122606315616112917187783.jpg   20122605273516112917187675.jpg   20122606571016112917187850.jpg  

Lockdown has its' advantages... Yesterday I managed to pack the Beta of the sixities Classic Ship AI Traffic and today I got back on the Falklands package working on models of the Argentinian Gearing and Sumner Class destroyers involved. First ARA Comodoro Py ex-DD877 USS Perkins.

And here a few more screenshots from the beta test of the Classic AI Ship Traffic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20122709234516112917188976.jpg   20122609492716112917188145.jpg   20122609492616112917188143.jpg   20122609492616112917188142.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 13