Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 19
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Hi Henrik,

Check your PMs a set of plans for Hermes should come through...they aren't great as they are sectioned up (I got photocopies from a modelmaker who was building Hermes)...I 'welded' the individual images together in photoshop to get a sort-of complete plan. I can't find my welded image but i've sent you the original set - hopefully these might help.

Type 42 plans would help to double check what i've built so far especially if they have the complete hull:

And i've got something else in the pipeline:

All the best,

Gary
    Absolutely excellent - plan received And the two ladies look great! We should soon have the whole collection. I will forward the plan of the Type 42 in PM. It doesn't have the hull lines as the typical model building plans, but it appears to be an original General Arrangement with both below and above the surface. I also have another a smaller scale with part of the line structure.

Maybe a daft question but will these work in P3D v4.5?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Yes, they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Feel free to use my HMS Fearless / Intrepid models if you like.

https://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/index.php?/category/40
    Great - that was a nice surprise It is a very nice model, which I actually have in my private shipping for years, but never got to ask for permission to use it. But for this project it is actually a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Both the new models we are working on and the recently released package has been done to work in FSX as well as all versions of P3D. However, that also means that we have not added v4 specific things like PBR.

Slowly getting there... Today working on how to wrap a Chinook...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19110308354916112916491477.jpg  

No ships on Great Lakes

Henrik, the ships are wonderful. A few years ago I told you about using ARS4 radar by Dietmar Loleit with my Lockheed patrol plane as a means of locating shipping. I recently deleted everything from earlier downloads and got the complete V2 package from Simviation. I have found that there are absolutely none of your ships on the Great Lakes. I have flown a number of searches from Duluth, Thunder Bay, Cleveland, Toledo etc. Nothing shows on the radar and a visual search confirms it. Using the ship locator fails to produce anything. The bgl files are in place and the ships are in the boat directory. I can see plenty of ships everywhere else. Running AIFP3 looking for FS9 files showed nothing and, anyway, wouldn't those files block everything, not just one area? I do have other AI files in the sim but removed them and the Lakes are still empty.
    This must be my local problem. All I am asking here is if anyone who has downloaded the latest V2 from Simviation can verify Lakes traffic.
    As the pope said to Michelangelo at the Sistine Chapel, "When will you make an end?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocommander View Post
    Henrik, the ships are wonderful. A few years ago I told you about using ARS4 radar by Dietmar Loleit with my Lockheed patrol plane as a means of locating shipping. I recently deleted everything from earlier downloads and got the complete V2 package from Simviation. I have found that there are absolutely none of your ships on the Great Lakes. I have flown a number of searches from Duluth, Thunder Bay, Cleveland, Toledo etc. Nothing shows on the radar and a visual search confirms it. Using the ship locator fails to produce anything. The bgl files are in place and the ships are in the boat directory. I can see plenty of ships everywhere else. Running AIFP3 looking for FS9 files showed nothing and, anyway, wouldn't those files block everything, not just one area? I do have other AI files in the sim but removed them and the Lakes are still empty.
    This must be my local problem. All I am asking here is if anyone who has downloaded the latest V2 from Simviation can verify Lakes traffic.
    As the pope said to Michelangelo at the Sistine Chapel, "When will you make an end?"
    Are you sure you don't have an old FS9 style traffic bgl hidden somewhere - either among the other traffic files in the scenery/world/scenery or eventually included in some local add-on scenery. As the rest of your ships display I am almost certain that is the problem. A local FS9 file with traffic in just a limited area will only cause a problem when it is loaded while flying in that area. You should have plenty of shipping on the lakes and now with the new update also a decent shipping on the Mississipi and a few other rivers.

Another subject... Work on the Falkland package continues... Today my first plane... Obviously as a shipbuilder my plane will never fly, but it should become a nice eye candy on the HMS Hermes and the Atlantic Conveyor...

Henrik at my age I'm not sure of anything! But I did run the AIFP3. I do have Aerosoft My Traffic 13 installed. No baddies there, none I could see.
    Well, obviously it is in my corner. I will proceed from here.
    Nice looking jet you have on the boards. I like the UK ship Cornwall, did a lot of work for the UK navy on her and also the Iron Duke.
    Thanks for the reply. I will find that pesky FS9 file somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocommander View Post
    Henrik at my age I'm not sure of anything! But I did run the AIFP3. I do have Aerosoft My Traffic 13 installed. No baddies there, none I could see.
    Well, obviously it is in my corner. I will proceed from here.
    Nice looking jet you have on the boards. I like the UK ship Cornwall, did a lot of work for the UK navy on her and also the Iron Duke.
    Thanks for the reply. I will find that pesky FS9 file somehow.
    Good hunt ;D And we will continue on the complete Royal Navy...

After a few weeks trying to learn how to model planes and helicopters, the Atlantic Conveyor was tested in the sim today… Still some work to do on the textures and also I still miss a Westland Wessex.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19120808583416112916547025.jpg   19120808583316112916547023.jpg   19120808583416112916547024.jpg  

Next up the Royal Auxiliary Fleet Round Table Class - I expect to do both the versions relevant to Falklands War and the modified versions still in use in Brazil.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19121401344816112916555854.jpg  

Hello Henrik,

a big thank you for this new opus dedicated to the Royal Navy of the 80s.
    I updated the WILCO Harrier with the rcbarend gauge 64.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tions-in-sight

Good Christmas !

Quote Originally Posted by dutrla View Post
    Hello Henrik,

a big thank you for this new opus dedicated to the Royal Navy of the 80s.
    I updated the WILCO Harrier with the rcbarend gauge 64.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tions-in-sight

Good Christmas !
    You should soon be able to use that Harrier I actually tried to keep the texture on the harriers on the deck of the Atlantic Conveyor so they match the colors of the Wilco Harrier

Meanwhile some progress on the Round Table class - it has taken some time to get around the many different versions of this type and the lack of proper drawings, but now I am getting there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19122309235916112916569328.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Henrik,

I am looking foward to further entertaining FSX hours in 2020 - not just due to your ship models and boat traffic!
    Again a BIG Thank you for your creations this year and for the upcoming project as shown here.

My best wishes for the holiday period

RS

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Hi Henrik,

I am looking foward to further entertaining FSX hours in 2020 - not just due to your ship models and boat traffic!
    Again a BIG Thank you for your creations this year and for the upcoming project as shown here.

My best wishes for the holiday period

RS
    Thanks and likewise

And the holiday is contributing to the next project... The Round Table Class is almost ready to be launched in the virtual water...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19122702061116112916573392.jpg   19122702054716112916573391.jpg  

A slight deviation from the 1982 project... This modernized and slightly larger version of the round table class was born as RFA Sir Galahad as replacement for the ship with the same name sunk during the Falklands War. Later it came as many other British navy ships under Brazilian flag and was renamed BrNs Garcia d'Avila. It was recently decommissioned in October 2019.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19122803514516112916574647.jpg  

Hello Henrik,
    great job, I just have a suggestion is it possible to put the barriers of the DZ in the open position to facilitate decking?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dutrla View Post
    Hello Henrik,
    great job, I just have a suggestion is it possible to put the barriers of the DZ in the open position to facilitate decking?
    Thank you
    Of course...

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Some old, but fine aircraft for the Falklands

... May be it is gradually becoming time to reactivate some old but fine aircraft moedels in my FSX like

the unique Sea Harrier...

....and the still wonderful Skysim Mirage...

Greetings RS

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-28_23-48-39-720.jpg   2019-12-30_17-44-34-644.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    ... May be it is gradually becoming time to reactivate some old but fine aircraft moedels in my FSX like

the unique Sea Harrier...

....and the still wonderful Skysim Mirage...

Greetings RS

Still a few weeks... I still have HMS Hermes and S.S.Canberra on my must-do list - i don't know how far Gary is with the Sheffield class - but with these there will be a quite nice fleet.

Happy New Year

Henrik

ps... I guess there will be a small New Year present tomorrow... with railing down Now time for the New Years party and no more modelling today...

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Still a few weeks... I still have HMS Hermes and S.S.Canberra on my must-do list - i don't know how far Gary is with the Sheffield class - but with these there will be a quite nice fleet.

Happy New Year

Henrik
    It’s in hand 😉
    Been working on a couple of other models that have languished on my hard drive over the hols...wanted to get them done and out of the way.... will post some separate screenies.

cheers
    Gaz

Members who have read this thread: 15