Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support - Page 11
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support

Very nice detail...

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Very nice detail...
    Thanks - now the flight deck is also getting nearer even if the texture is still just a shot from Google Earth.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Thanks - now the flight deck is also getting nearer even if the texture is still just a shot from Google Earth.

Very spectacular . Now, I need to speed up migrating my FSX build to my new Firecuda hard drive.

Ahhh, that explains why the little hut for the bosun's mate to hide in when alongside is there!

Will it be feasible to paint HMS Dragon's bow marking?

Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer HMS Dragon MOD 45153124 [OGL (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/d...e/version/1/)], by LA(Phot) Nicky Wilson, from Wikimedia Commons

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Ahhh, that explains why the little hut for the bosun's mate to hide in when alongside is there!

Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyer HMS Dragon MOD 45153124 [OGL (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/d...e/version/1/)], by LA(Phot) Nicky Wilson, from Wikimedia Commons
    The model is mapped so both sides of the bow can be painted with increased detail compared to the rest of the hull... I had exactly that red dragon in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post

HMS Dragon finished including open hangar

Stunning!!!! Looking forward to see her at sea!!!!

Really nice Henrik!

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Stunning!!!! Looking forward to see her at sea!!!!
    Thanks for the comments - unfortunately I'm again travelling without my simulator so it will take a while before she sees the waves. Meanwhile three different versions were completed including different armament - with/without Harpoon anti-ship missiles - and with or without the railing down and ready for heli operations. Lights are still not satisfactory, but it will come.

Thanks for doing all this work. Hope there's a way to trigger the hangar bays to open on command, or barring that have two ships have the hangars open.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Thanks for doing all this work. Hope there's a way to trigger the hangar bays to open on command, or barring that have two ships have the hangars open.
    You will certainly have more than one with open hangar - the three you see are just base models. Regards to further animations - so far just radars are animated - I will look into it. However, I need everything to be very robust and operational accross platforms and 32 bits and 64 bits as I don't have time to manage updates for the now more than 1000 models in the project everytime Lockheed Martin decides to update P3D. It has been a problem for some with the original packages installed that four of the oldest models made P3D crash´due to incompatible animations so that I want to avoid.

sorry, im having a horrible time trying to locate the updated files for the several ships that cause CTD in p3d v4<

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    sorry, im having a horrible time trying to locate the updated files for the several ships that cause CTD in p3d v4<
    This is the file which updates the 4 models done originally for FS9:

200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=200129

This is the file which updates the 4 models done originally for FS9:

200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=200129
    cheers I couldnt remember which one, as I was having ctd at hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Really nice Henrik!
    I guess you are the only one who can guess what this will become

Henrik, how many LOD do your Type 45 Daring class Destroyers have?

Many thanks

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Henrik, how many LOD do your Type 45 Daring class Destroyers have?

Many thanks

Andy
    None of my models are done with LODs..... Performance is kept through discipline with vertices and draw calls. You might have seen the discussion with Klaus here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...vy-Bundesmaine Sketchup is a nightmare for vertices - GMAX puts it's own narrow limits, which can be cheated but I don't... These are AI models and I try to keep them fairly light removing all unnecessary vertices. Generally my models only have 1 day texture and 1 night texture... I have to admit I have gone to the extreme with the Type 45 and added a special texture for the flight deck... 4 draw calls and mdl size at 2 MB. Once out at sea that means no impact - of course if I add the whole navy in Portsmouth you might see some impact.

I guess you are the only one who can guess what this will become

It just happened I was at their office this afternoon and saw a poster on the wall with a picture of it!

Looking great! Will this be the tanker version?

It just happened I was at their office this afternoon and saw a poster on the wall with a picture of it!

Looking great! Will this be the tanker version?
    I am starting with the tanker - then the combined version afterwards. Seems like at least some of the piping is common between the two versions.

Olympic Leopard is progressing. The helipad is up front on the starboard side - I hope to get a fairly realistic look of the deck equipment, so it should be Worth visiting her.

Thanks for doing this Henrik!

This conversion has been one of the most important and interesting projects I was involved with lately. These are very rare ships. Some of the details not seen by many that are not into the shipping industry:

- These must be the only VLCC size tankers with a forecastle, because the original ships also had hatch covers and the forecastle is a means of protection for these openings forward.
    - If you notice, there are no major cargo pipes running on the deck. All of the cargo delivery pipes leading to the manifolds amidships are recessed inside tunnels below deck.
    - The hose handling cranes on the manifolds are different port and starboard. This is because the port crane is actually a bulk cargo crane for unloading ore cargo. The ship had 6 of these on the port side before the conversion to handle the ore from the holds. Five of them were removed during the conversion, leaving only the midship one on the port side. The one on the starboard side is a usual hose handling crane.

The other differences are inside the holds and not visible from outside.

Looking forward to seeing them in the sim.

Thanks for doing this Henrik!

This conversion has been one of the most important and interesting projects I was involved with lately. These are very rare ships. Some of the details not seen by many that are not into the shipping industry:

- These must be the only VLCC size tankers with a forecastle, because the original ships also had hatch covers and the forecastle is a means of protection for these openings forward.
    - If you notice, there are no major cargo pipes running on the deck. All of the cargo delivery pipes leading to the manifolds amidships are recessed inside tunnels below deck.
    - The hose handling cranes on the manifolds are different port and starboard. This is because the port crane is actually a bulk cargo crane for unloading ore cargo. The ship had 6 of these on the port side before the conversion to handle the ore from the holds. Five of them were removed during the conversion, leaving only the midship one on the port side. The one on the starboard side is a usual hose handling crane.

The other differences are inside the holds and not visible from outside.

Looking forward to seeing them in the sim.
    Hi
    Your second point actually at least partly explains something I was wondering about. Compared to conventional crude oïl tankers the number of pipes on the deck is very low, which of course makes it a bit easier to model. When the cargo delivery pipes are below deck I guess that many of the visible pipes are actually for ventilation or fire fighting purposes?
    Henrik

Members who have read this thread: 13