Milviz F-4J NAVY liveries

Thread: Milviz F-4J NAVY liveries

Milviz F-4J NAVY liveries

For quite a while, I have been working on a Blue Angels livery for the Milviz F-4J model. On request, I also made another NAVY livery - the BUNO 153839.
    Basically both are finished, but they haven't been published yet. This is due to the fact that I will try to apply more gloss to the surface of both liveries.
    I don't know if I will manage to do so, but I am trying hard to make them shine.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

I have not purchased the MilViz Phantom yet, but many thanks to you for the repaint of BUNO 153839 (as it was my request!). That Phantom was indeed a ex-Blue Angel bird, and had been transferred to
    NATC Patuxent River when I was stationed there. I worked on that aircraft, and had the privilege of a backseat ride in her. Beautiful aircraft. Thank you! NC

Excellent Gunnar, do let us know when they are available...

Matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golden_Crown_and_Blue_Angles.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	36532

Found this on the Blue Angels Wikipedia page. You can see the sheen a bit more clearly - and the colour of the leading edges.

Dave

I have the Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler, and that model does not have the sheen I expected it would have either. Could it just be a graphics setting? NC

NC, try throwing Banana Bob's replacement of the Global Environment AC Chrome Texture into the Texture folder of your B-58 Livery in question. This might help solve your issues. Have you DL any of my repaints for the B-58? I've got some high polish liveries that would be easy to see if this resolved your issue.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    NC, try throwing Banana Bob's replacement of the Global Environment AC Chrome Texture into the Texture folder of your B-58 Livery in question. This might help solve your issues. Have you DL any of my repaints for the B-58? I've got some high polish liveries that would be easy to see if this resolved your issue.
    Thanks for your reply. I don't think I have your repaints. Will check. Are your repaints on SOH or the other usual sites? NC

Good luck getting the gloss effect added.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Good luck getting the gloss effect added.

Hmm, it must be possible, as this model definitely shines!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STAbanner1.jpg  

All of my paints are only available here at SOH for ease of use. Grab the latest versions. v3 for the B-58 I believe.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Gloss shine F4

I know that Alphsim/Virtavia knew how to make em shine.... This repaint was done by Gus Robatto.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search

That old model looks as good as ever - I have many hours clocked in that one!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Does anyone fancy doing VMFA 531 'Grey Ghosts' USS Forrestal '72/'73 for this model.. http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2014...al-navy-malta/

The original aircraft is a 'B' but I wouldn't let the wrong model get in the way of a great paint

ATB
    DaveB

I have made smaller adjustments to the 2 liveries. Still the shiny surface remains

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Is this available for download, Great looking Angel there........
    Rob Schreiber

Quote Originally Posted by RjSchreiber63 View Post
    Is this available for download, Great looking Angel there........
    Well, they are not available yet.
    I will send a total of 8 F-4J liveries to Milviz - I'll see if I can manage to do it this weekend.

Gunnar van der Meeren

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Does anyone fancy doing VMFA 531 'Grey Ghosts' USS Forrestal '72/'73 for this model.. http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2014...al-navy-malta/

The original aircraft is a 'B' but I wouldn't let the wrong model get in the way of a great paint

ATB
    DaveB
    Simworks (http://simworksstudios.com/products/...4b-phantom-ii/) has a F-4B/N version,I can't tell you how it handles or fly as i do not own the aircraft but according to videos and pics I've seen it looks fantastic (comes with two aircraft carriers and also tacpack enabled). I guess you already knew all that
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Was this repaint finished/uploaded? If so, am not able to find it. Thanks. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    For quite a while, I have been working on a Blue Angels livery for the Milviz F-4J model. On request, I also made another NAVY livery - the BUNO 153839.
    Basically both are finished, but they haven't been published yet. This is due to the fact that I will try to apply more gloss to the surface of both liveries.
    I don't know if I will manage to do so, but I am trying hard to make them shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Was this repaint finished/uploaded? If so, am not able to find it. Thanks. NC
    It's in a group of eight skins that Gunnar uploaded over at the Milviz forum.
    Find them in the 'F-4 repaints' section.

Dave

I can't count how many times I've seen the Angels in F-4J's flying practice at El Centro when I was stationed over in Yuma. I'd ride my bike over on weekends just to watch them. LOVED it. It was one of the few things that made being in Yuma worthwhile. The first time I saw the Angels flying at all, it was in the Phantoms, up at Moffet Field. I grew up near there. Kind of amazing, that when I was 10, I saw them in Phantoms, an 8 years later I was right back to watching them again! Of course, by then I was working on the same planes, for VMFAT-101 in Yuma. Just as a note, I swear I saw the BuSer 153839 go by more than once on gear I was working on. I may be wrong, of course, since 101 had 32 planes in it's heyday...Not to mention 102's A-4's.
    I always thought the Phantom was the best plane for the Angels. Big, loud, smokey...perfect crowd-pleasers!
    Those are great looking liveries. I would DL them, but I can't afford any kind of payware, so they're kinda moot for me...
    Ok, done babbling.
    Pat☺

Members who have read this thread: 4