NAS Alameda, CA KNGZ for FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: NAS Alameda, CA KNGZ for FSX

Relocate beacon

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Wanted to ask if you could please relocate the beacon from the ground to the top of the control tower. I tried with ADE and it looked like I was doing so. I saved and compiled but then I found it back where
    you had it. Don't know what I needed to do. If you know how could you please let me know what the procedures are? Thanks

Hi, I thought that it would be on top of a tower not on the ground when I placed it. Yes I surely can relocate it to the top of the tower. I will be releasing Version 2.1 with the cva-64 at Pier 2 with the beacon corrected as well as a few minor landscape corrections I found last night as well.

NAS Alameda Version 2.1

Here is the Dropbox link for Version 2.1 with the USS Constellation CVA-64 berthed at Pier 2; taxiway updates and the Beacon located on top of the Tower. Don't forget your copy of BOB or a driveable Jeep or SUV to get all around the base.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t9wveoq39v3gfb/NAS%20Alameda%20V2_1.zip?dl=0

A nice pic of NAS Alameda with some "Bat barges" tied up.

Beacon move

I was thinking that you were going to place the beacon on the control tower (Circled in red). It would be a little higher up and more visible from greater distance.

Thanks.

The ship is kinda dark.

Black ship

You have to add the textures that are in the VEH_CV64 folder into the addon scenery texture folder.

Got it squared away. Thanks. Hope you can move that beacon light just one more time please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    You have to add the textures that are in the VEH_CV64 folder into the addon scenery texture folder.

Move it

Got it squared away. Thanks. Hope you can move that beacon light just one more time please. Thanks

Will get to it in just a bit and reload the zip file with the change.

NAS Alameda V2.2 Update

I updated NAS Alameda again adding a second tower as was actually done I read so that controllers could view the entire airport and the beacon was more visible. Just remove the old 2 KGNZ from your Addon Scenery scenery and replace with these two files. If you uploaded the last update with the CVA-64 and loaded the textures no need to add the textures again. I included them in this file for others who did not upload any previous versions. Gonna see if I can fly my COD in just a bit. Don't forget to post some pics of you flying to/from/over the airport in this thread to share. I will be posting a couple from the COD later.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkak5i2q66...0V2_2.zip?dl=0

Alameda V2.2

Here are some pics of V2.2 NAS Alameda

Looks like there are now two control towers (circled in red) Buildings look to be the same only two of 'em. I like the beacon only relocate it on the right hand(original) tower. Recommend deleting the tower on the left And adding the beacon (MIL) to the original tower on the right. I can look at this on ADE but cannot change anything. Am I locked out from making changes?

Orbx Example

I hear what you are saying about the freeware. While a valid point, the fact of the matter is we all would like to simulate reality as closely as possible right? I present you a screenshot of the Orbx version as a direct comparison. In MY quest to re-open Alameda as she looked in the 1980's and early 1990's, I think this is a very good foundation for a little further customization. Essentially I would like to add a couple custom hanger models, a custom Tower, a new AFCAD, and some statics as well as coding for Ai of the MAIW variety. I think this is a very do-able project if I could get someone to help with 3d modeling. I can do the AFCAD and object placement. Any takers?

-Woog

Don't see any pictures. Did you post any?

Quote Originally Posted by Woogey View Post

I hear what you are saying about the freeware. While a valid point, the fact of the matter is we all would like to simulate reality as closely as possible right? I present you a screenshot of the Orbx version as a direct comparison. In MY quest to re-open Alameda as she looked in the 1980's and early 1990's, I think this is a very good foundation for a little further customization. Essentially I would like to add a couple custom hanger models, a custom Tower, a new AFCAD, and some statics as well as coding for Ai of the MAIW variety. I think this is a very do-able project if I could get someone to help with 3d modeling. I can do the AFCAD and object placement. Any takers?

-Woog

FS9 Alameda

Found an older FS9 version of NAS Alameda. Scroll down about halfway.

http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

Three towers???

Here are some pics of V2.2 NAS Alameda

Looks like there are now two control towers (circled in red) Buildings look to be the same only two of 'em. I like the beacon only relocate it on the right hand(original) tower. Recommend deleting the tower on the left And adding the beacon (MIL) to the original tower on the right. I can look at this on ADE but cannot change anything. Am I locked out from making changes?

I appreciate all your feed back. BTW love the air shots of your COD. I see the towers that you circled. The one with the beacon is in the airport in ADE as is the older tower building close to the hanger which was the original tower at Alameda (close stock bldg)
    I don't HAVE the second one you circled. Have you deleted the earlier versions in your Addon Scenery scenery or just overwritten when updating? The tower with the beacon is a stock airport object med tower 3 as is your phantom one. I even checked the List of Scenery and there is only one med tower 3 in the list. I even moved a piece of apron to see if it was hiding. No go. I don't know what to tell ya. I had ADE open at the same time as FSX and connected and when I pan from my ultralite 360 the other tower isn't there by me either. That is really frustrating.

I did, but for some reason they disappeared. At work now I'll have to repost them when I get off work

I unactivated the scenery then deleted all files in the scenery - your V 2.1 then I copied the new V2.2 into the add on scenery and reactivated.
    When I opened your KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_2.BGL In ADE I see TWO tower buildings. I didn't copy the new one over the old one.

I appreciate all your feed back. BTW love the air shots of your COD. I see the towers that you circled. The one with the beacon is in the airport in ADE as is the older tower building close to the hanger which was the original tower at Alameda (close stock bldg)
    I don't HAVE the second one you circled. Have you deleted the earlier versions in your Addon Scenery scenery or just overwritten when updating? The tower with the beacon is a stock airport object med tower 3 as is your phantom one. I even checked the List of Scenery and there is only one med tower 3 in the list. I even moved a piece of apron to see if it was hiding. No go. I don't know what to tell ya. I had ADE open at the same time as FSX and connected and when I pan from my ultralite 360 the other tower isn't there by me either. That is really frustrating.

Here is the ADE of your V2.2, I've marked the tower with beacon (arrow) and the other tower is circled in red.
    I

Some perspective

Just to paint you a better picture of what I see on my end I am posting the ADE connected to FSX and I taxied to where the old tower shows in FSX. It doesn't show in this ADEX.
    The other picture is another visual of what the ADE shows.

Two towers

I unactivated the scenery then deleted all files in the scenery - your V 2.1 then I copied the new V2.2 into the add on scenery and reactivated.
    When I opened your KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_2.BGL In ADE I see TWO tower buildings. I didn't copy the new one over the old one.
    Two towers is what is supposed to be at the airport. The Tower building close to the hanger is the first one that was made at the air station, Bldg. 19. They found (from notes I found) that they had a problem with visibility of all four new runways and added another control tower. I hope that the phantom doesn't come back so that you can enjoy the air station. Thank you for all your input. I intend to continue with updates like across the Oakland Channel over that silly blurry residential map with proper asphalt and warehouses/piers etc. When I was in the working world as a designer/estimator, my boss already checked my work...he told me that it was not that he didn't trust my skill but when we create something we see what we want to sometimes not necessarily what is there or a possible omission. I appreciate all the help from you guys.

Well, thanks for clearing that up, understand that the two towers is the desired result. When you first released your first version, there was only one tower, then I complained about putting the
    beacon on top of the then one and only tower, and so with V2.2, the beacon is on top of a 2nd tower - that was what blew me away. I thought that maybe something went snafu
    First airport I heard of where the situation was such that a second control tower had to be built for visibility reasons. Interesting stuff. Thanks for the story on this.

Two towers is what is supposed to be at the airport. The Tower building close to the hanger is the first one that was made at the air station, Bldg. 19. They found (from notes I found) that they had a problem with visibility of all four new runways and added another control tower. I hope that the phantom doesn't come back so that you can enjoy the air station. Thank you for all your input. I intend to continue with updates like across the Oakland Channel over that silly blurry residential map with proper asphalt and warehouses/piers etc. When I was in the working world as a designer/estimator, my boss already checked my work...he told me that it was not that he didn't trust my skill but when we create something we see what we want to sometimes not necessarily what is there or a possible omission. I appreciate all the help from you guys.

Two Towers

I don't know about other Naval Air Stations, but it seems that when they did modifications after WWII that it did occur. There were two Control Towers at NAS Glenview as well when I was stationed there. The first was on Building One the Air Operations Building and also a tower like the one I put at NAS Almeda about the same location as NAS Glenview.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image_160405_001215.jpg   NAS Glenview Hanger One.jpg  

Try Try Again

Lets see if the pictures post this time. The first 3 shots are default ORBX NorCal (NCA)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alameda.jpg   2016-4-4_12-21-41-2.jpg   2016-4-4_10-46-27-864.jpg   2016-4-4_12-22-4-65.jpg  

It looks a bit confused on top of Blue Sky scenery.

Dave

ORBX NorCal

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

It looks a bit confused on top of Blue Sky scenery.

Dave
    IMHO, if everyone used ORBX there would not be any conflicts like that but not everyone with FSX has ORBX (as beautiful as it is). Bluesky scenery is really nice and anyone can download and use it. I haven't installed that area yet. Interesting to see what it does to NAS Alameda on my computer. Might do that now and post later here. Gonna do some flyin' today and Rapidshot snapping. Thank you ALL for all your input to this project and this thread. I have done a few things in the past that only I was interested in it seemed but this project got a lot of different takes. See ya'all in the skies above San Francisco/Oakland FSX.

It's time to put some life back into the place.

A-4s, A-6s & A-7s perhaps?

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 3