A2A T-6 Texan Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A2A T-6 Texan Released!

Some work-in-progress on the restored AT-6D N4086T "Heave Ho", painted in the historic markings of the squadron hack used by the 355th FS, 354th FG in England during WWII - used during the war for beer runs and joy rides. ; )

Still some more details to add (namely all of the stencils).

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Very nice, thank You!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    A great video from Kermit Weeks describing the preparation and flying of his AT-6.
    I love his Kermy cam vidoes since he really goes into the details of how the aircraft function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg
    Great set of videos by Kermit Weeks there... Just remember that they are of a D and not G variant... A2A modelled the G...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

He has his painted up as a WASP training aircraft which looks pretty sharp.
    I was looking for a historic place to fly and decided to give Avenger field in Sweetwater TX, their training base, a go.
    It is a wonder that any of them graduated. In the two days I did flights out of their the wind was never under 15 knots, not always right down an available runway.
    I pulled off a 16 knot direct crosswind landing which was actually not my most exciting one of the day. They say a wheel landing is best for crosswind but that has not been my experience so far.

Well, got on my atv to have a first look at my T-6 being delivered to the hangar at Heron's Nest

Now I have to work myself through the manual before being qualified to fly this beauty.

Luckily there is a good checklist posted on the A2A forum.

Oh, and the first update arrived just a few hours ago as well.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Love ya parking spot

Thanks Ian,

I thought it was a good location to start and doing some sight seeing, lol.

I have to say, Heron's Nest is challenging enough but then I ran the T-6 off and back on a several times and let's just say, the normal landing technique is OUT THE WINDOW (or better, OFF THE CLIFF!) LOL. I had to plant the tailwheel immediately on touchdown and ride the brakes down the hill with full back pressure on the stick but I manage to stop it safely each time (except the first two runs). Oh, I also recommend 1 notch of flaps for takeoff!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, and the first update arrived just a few hours ago as well.
    For the T-6 only or Accusim? Reason I ask is I looked for a new update after reading your post but did not find anything (I may have simply not looked in the right place).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Haven't tried Heron's Nest yet but the landing technique that seems to work best for me for short field is a tail low wheeler. This way it does not take long for it to settle. Now I know where I'm going tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    For the T-6 only or Accusim? Reason I ask is I looked for a new update after reading your post but did not find anything (I may have simply not looked in the right place).
    The T-6 update is contained within the latest Accusim one.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Haven't tried Heron's Nest yet but the landing technique that seems to work best for me for short field is a tail low wheeler. This way it does not take long for it to settle. Now I know where I'm going tonight.
    Also one should land uphill.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

"GQ" fits perfectly, ironically, for the mission you described John! Very nice! I think this put me over the edge....will be getting this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some work-in-progress on the restored AT-6D N4086T "Heave Ho", painted in the historic markings of the squadron hack used by the 355th FS, 354th FG in England during WWII - used during the war for beer runs and joy rides. ; )

Still some more details to add (namely all of the stencils).

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Yeah Yeah, still flying around Wanaka, Wigrams Gate Guardian finally got airborne, still needs a few stencils and few other things done.

That looks awesome, Ian. Looking forward to it

Thanks Paul , It is a Kiwi aircraft without being Kiwi ... now I really have to hook into this one for the so many paints and liveries it came in

And another repaint

Download: North American T-6 Texan (N3645F)

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Friggen gorgeous Tim

Don't know if you guys are aware but Ian did a lovely bare metal paint sans markings which is up at Flightsim.com. I'm using it until such time a specific repaint comes along that I want. Nice job Ian

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Yeah Yeah, still flying around Wanaka, Wigrams Gate Guardian finally got airborne, still needs a few stencils and few other things done.
    Looking SWEET Ian!!! I hope you are doing a few more NZ ones....?

Tim....

lovely stuff guys!
    One more modest effort from me:

Belgian Air Force Harvard H210 as flown by Lt. Baudouin Carpentier de Changy, who was a fighter-pilot flying Hawker Hunter F.6's at the 7th Wing of Chičvres, when he volunteered for duty with the Fire Assistance Flights (FAF) in Belgian Congo. Flying his T-6 4KA, armed Harvard H-210, he managed to rescue his fellow pilot Sgt. Guy De Pypere from the airfield of Matadi-Tshimpi in pure Hollywood-style. He landed in front of the astonished rebels occupying the airfield's tower, to pick up his injured friend who had made a belly landing in the high grass bordering the airfield after being hit by ground fire. Unfortunately de Changy was shot down over the Inkisi bridge a few days later on 17 July 1960 and although he survived an emergency landing, he was killed by the rebels.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A repaint of Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight AT-6 has been uploaded.

From my description: "This repaint depicts AT-6D/AT-6G 49-3311, registered as N3931Y, which is owned/operated by Kermit Weeks at "Fantasy of Flight" in Polk City, FL. This aircraft was originally manufactured as an AT-6D in WWII for the USAAF, but was rebuilt to AT-6G standard in 1949 for the USAF. The aircraft served in the Spanish AF as a "Caza 6", C.6-167, from around 1962 all the way until 1982, serving as both a trainer and a frontline ground support aircraft, with machine guns mounted in the wings and rocket launchers under the wings. Imported into the US in the 80's, and flying on the civil register, the aircraft is painted as a tribute to the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), with the markings of Avenger Field in Sweetwater, Texas, where they trained. The WASP insignia "Fifinella" is applied to the cowling, which was designed by Disney during the war. This aircraft is one of those which have been covered by Kermit Weeks in his popular "Kermie Cam" flight video series on Youtube."

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Storm,

Loved your video.

Nice to see My post triggered challenging interest

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    A repaint of Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight AT-6 has been uploaded.

From my description: "This repaint depicts AT-6D/AT-6G 49-3311, registered as N3931Y, which is owned/operated by Kermit Weeks at "Fantasy of Flight" in Polk City, FL. This aircraft was originally manufactured as an AT-6D in WWII for the USAAF, but was rebuilt to AT-6G standard in 1949 for the USAF. The aircraft served in the Spanish AF as a "Caza 6", C.6-167, from around 1962 all the way until 1982, serving as both a trainer and a frontline ground support aircraft, with machine guns mounted in the wings and rocket launchers under the wings. Imported into the US in the 80's, and flying on the civil register, the aircraft is painted as a tribute to the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), with the markings of Avenger Field in Sweetwater, Texas, where they trained. The WASP insignia "Fifinella" is applied to the cowling, which was designed by Disney during the war. This aircraft is one of those which have been covered by Kermit Weeks in his popular "Kermie Cam" flight video series on Youtube."

Thank you John!

This what I'll be flying this evening, of course from Polk City. Haven't been there lately...

Members who have read this thread: 0