A2A T-6 Texan Released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A2A T-6 Texan Released!

Oh man,

$50, now I have to break my piggy bank, cuz I really want this T-6.

Hopefully I can add colored smoke for some airshow flying
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Some formation flying:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

I received mine this evening via an early birthday gift from a family member (who will obviously get to fly her from time to time . Anyhow, she's stunning and a total joy to fly. The system realism, FDE, model options, and especially the sounds are just perfect. I've always heard that the T-6 was a bit of a bear to land (mainly the post landing phase) but I had no trouble keeping her perfectly lined up in the runway centerline during rollout following procedure. I did some aerobatics, loops and rolls are easy, the snap-roll is a bit tough (as noted in the introduction video) but I was able to perform hammerhead stall turns without too much hassle.

Anyhow, it's a winner and I highly recommend it. Looking forward to the repaints which I'm sure will be plentiful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Those Formations pictures always take my breath away!! Always have to do a double-take because they look so much like actual photos

I'll be getting it, and wouldn't want anything other than an accu-sim version. I guess I can't really understand who wouldn't. I understand price sensitivity, but this plane from A2A without accu-sim just doesn't make any sense to me. I guess it would still be pretty, but A2A just means all the accurately modeled physics of prop, engine, hydraulics, ground handling, etc. that each new plane raises the bar for. Why wouldn't you want those features? These accu-sim planes are as close as you can come to real in a simulation, and isn't that why we fly simulators? For as real as we can get?

For what we get, $50 is a bargain. So just hold off on buying two lesser add-ons and get this one (for a little less than you probably would have spent on those two). You'll be way ahead on the deal that way.

I wholeheartedly agree griphos. This model looks great and would probably be fine without Accusim but the Wozza T-6 covers that just fine. The addition of Accusim is what makes this model really beautiful and immersive & without Accusim, it would be completely bland. I'm not normally a low-slow flyer who enjoys this sort of model (I prefer hot piston, turboprop, and jet aircraft models with steep learning curves) but this model fills a very unique void in between the high performance aircraft and GA types. It's one you can enjoy long or short scenic flights, lesson to lesson type flights from old USAAF/USAF training syllabus plans, or outright aerobatics. The latter is certainly a bigger challenge with this model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heidi really sets this sim apart from other aircraft.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Nice plane.

T-33?

Bob

Icon14

Hi,

For the Dutchies and other interested, started on the current SKHV fleet of the Dutch Airforce Historical flight.

More info in this topic: http://shockwaveproductions.com/foru...bfc7cd#p405787

Regards,

Marcel

I need the paintkit!
    Original paintkit link too slow!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I started with something simple:

and continued with a bit more complex:

still wip, but getting there..

Marcel, any plans for PH-BKT in the luftwaffe paintjob?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Bummed to hear there's no non-accusim version. I have several of A2A's warbirds without accusim. Maybe I'm in the minority but not everyone wants the study sim. If it makes business sense for them I can understand their reasoning but I'd like to have the option of buying accusim if and when I want to.

Bought it today! It's an absolute joy to fly, just waiting for an RCAF "Goldilocks" skin.

I find it's a great trainer for tail-draggers such as the Spitfire or the P-40
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by grover1 View Post
    I find it's a great trainer for tail-draggers

Absolutely my feeling, IMO, the best ever made for FS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool

Hi Jan-Kees,

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Marcel, any plans for PH-BKT in the luftwaffe paintjob?
    Not at the moment, so if you want to go ahead! Think i will be busy enough to get the current 4 ready, with all there details (PH-LSK, PH-IIB, PH-MLM and PH-TBR).

Marcel

been flying it on and off with my new T-6 loving this plane

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Look at that Cirrus , the umbrella with a propeller

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

My video of the T-6:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnMeMPh8E0

I created a separate thread for the video but wanted to keep it attached to the release thread as well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    My video of the T-6:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnMeMPh8E0

I created a separate thread for the video but wanted to keep it attached to the release thread as well
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

A great video from Kermit Weeks describing the preparation and flying of his AT-6.
    I love his Kermy cam vidoes since he really goes into the details of how the aircraft function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    A great video from Kermit Weeks describing the preparation and flying of his AT-6.
    I love his Kermy cam vidoes since he really goes into the details of how the aircraft function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg
    There is a great scenery file for Fantasy of Flight, but I can't remember if I found it here or elsewhere. It includes his Constellation, the PBY, most of the workshops, the water tower and of course the museum itself. Warbirds are fun there, but I particularly like the GAS Robin there! Will have to try this T-6 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    There is a great scenery file for Fantasy of Flight, but I can't remember if I found it here or elsewhere. It includes his Constellation, the PBY, most of the workshops, the water tower and of course the museum itself. Warbirds are fun there, but I particularly like the GAS Robin there! Will have to try this T-6 as well.
    Right here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3535&catid=113

Members who have read this thread: 0