So I'm eating crackers while watching the market tank when the phone rings!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm eating crackers while watching the market tank when the phone rings!

SOH-CM-2024

So I'm eating crackers while watching the market tank when the phone rings!

It's my IT buddy George, who also works part-time at the local Wally World.

"Yo dood, whatja doin' before you get the younguns?"

"Nuttin'"

"Well, drop by here on the way a little early. I got summin' for ya."

Dropped by and I too, now belong to the dark side. At his price - $30.00!

All's installed, got some nHancer settings to make. Tried it and set my frame rates at 24 fps. Guess what, with sliders only one nick away from full on everything, I got 24 fps!

Okay Panther etal, recommendations please?

Caz

Welcome to the Dark Side (sound of heavy breathing etc.)

Try the Wyvern http://www.nazcastudios.com/sea-hawk/wyvern.html

BananaBob
    You have done our bidding well, muhahahaha! :cost1::d

Cazzie,

As for the scenery, I can recommend you Ultimate Terrain X series. It corrects the road/river network and introduces very accurate landclass. I recommend the one for the Europe. Mesh in the FSX is very nice. The USA and Canada are covered with 38m mesh, while Europe, Japan and Australia have 76m mesh.

As for the planes, there are many freeware to enjoy. Here at SOH, you will find many of them.

Edit: Phil Taylor, former member of Aces team posted the list of freeware planes made with FSX toolkit. Cazzie, be aware that FS9 planes ported to FSX can have display problems. The list which Phil posted contains birds which will work flawless in the FSX.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archiv...s-and-fsx.aspx

BananaBob
    Yes, definitely get the great freeware aircraft from Lukasz and team at SimHangar above, great work and full FSX, and get the updated Jenny too for FSX there, fantastic stuff, and not to fail to mention all the great aircraft Piglet has done for FSX.:ernae: And the Wyvern above also, cannot be missed, thank goodness for these great free stuff.

get alacrity pc awesome program, and then mebbe you'll pick up a tad more performance even still.
    after that, there is the:

aa-5b from piglet
    carenado 206
    maam-sim's briefing time at least, but it's all good from them and you get a good price if you buy the whole package.
    keep an eye out for the dodsim huey that should be out any time now.
    the sneak shots i have seen are awesome.

Welcome to Flight Simulation, pick up your flight simulation aircraft from Wings of Silver Boeing 377.

Pilots License dispensed once mastered

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Lucky Cajun!!! 24FPS with almost full sliders!!!??

:isadizzy:

arrghh.....

(Translation: Man, dude! That is awesome! You now have FSX and it runs fast on your rig! Have fun and happy flying.. :d )

Go check out the Kennemore amphibius airfield in Washington, (I think its called that). Check out the airport scenery... Very cool.

I recommend getting TileProxy running on your rig, as FSX will display the most brilliant, crisp, photo real scenery. When you dont have TileProxy on, your scenery and AutoGen return to normal.

When you finally get a chance, do a touch and go in the MIssions center in the F-18 Hornet on a Carrier. Tell me (us) how many times in pattern until you successfully do a cable catch/landing.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Well Cazzie, let me start with the good news.... There is a great Fokker Dr1 for FSX and Robby88 has a FSX version from his Brisfit.
    The bad news is that Stuart Green's FS2004 models have some uncurable errors in FSX

Nevertheless enjoy
    Huub

Almost full sliders is actually pretty easy if you have a decent system, just make sure you have "bloom effects" disabled, because it eats an insane amount of computer power.

PhilRamone
    TILEPROXY!!!!

id ont have FSX (bc my comp wont run it :P) but hell if i had it thats what id have on first thing... my dad has it on FS9 and loves it hahaha

Pultacatt
    It was your destiny!

:costumes:

Dooood! Thirty buck for the whole she-bang... that's incredible. Think of all the money you saved by waiting until now! Hey, if you're feeling rich and all, I've got a $15 airport I'll sell ya.

Really, I do.

MCDesigns
    Congrats man, welcome to the club! :ernae:

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Lucky Cajun!!! 24FPS with almost full sliders!!!??

:isadizzy:

arrghh.....

(Translation: Man, dude! That is awesome! You now have FSX and it runs fast on your rig! Have fun and happy flying.. :d )

Bill

Just makes me want to cry.........:d

I paid 49 bucks for the Gold..Thats a great deal...Enjoy....

Charter Member 2015
    If you're into VFR flying, then nothing..............and I mean n-o-t-h-i-n-g comes close to FTX ( http://fullterrain.com/ ). It covers most of Australia at the moment, although the developers are planning on eventually taking over the world!!!!!:d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Just makes me want to cry.........:d

I paid 49 bucks for the Gold..Thats a great deal...Enjoy....
    First, thanks to all that replied, I am going over it all, but it will take time. UTX-US is a "must have". Although the water textures are out of this world, is there any way to change the inland colors more green? They are way too blue.

And Bill, I ain't da cajun, dat'd be Pointy31, I'm a Tarheel who has immigrated over to the Soreback state. :d

Harleyman, you just need to know the right people, It was $49.99 retail there too, but I got it as George's Wally World discount, which is about cost. Don't know what my po bones would do sometime without good friends!

Caz

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Welcome to the flip side Cazzie:ernae:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Master of Disaster
    It (FSX) truely is the dark side! Maybe someday someone will show us the light!! But what choice do we have now............
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

A-HAHAHAHAHAHA! GOTCHA! (Vader softly whistles: "Another One Bites The Dust")...

(Welcome, Caz! :icon_twi: )
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

Welcome to the club!
    Oh...and ya might like "Pete", pete.zip right here at de outhouse! :d

Regards,
    Robert

Happiness Consultant
    Congrats Caz! :ernae:
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Cazzie,
    One thing you will notice is that Manuele's Ansaldo will show in FsX without any adjustments. It even works in Vista Dx10 mode!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I'm running both FSX Gold and FS9 and enjoy them both. I wanted to get FSX up and running to take advantage of some of the new FSX only models or ones on the way soon. FSX runs smooth and looks great overall but I have so many FS9 addons for aircraft and scenery there's no way I can ditch it for a while. Interesting thing is with all my custom environments in FS9, it actually looks better than FSX in a majority of the scenery and landclasses especially at altitude. Eventually I will have all the same setups on FSX which will correct some of the blatent errors I have observed in scenery and landclass. After that, I will probably scale FS9 down and use FSX more.
    "Soon to be Expat"

MCDesigns
    "I will learn the secrets of FSX and turn them all to the dark side!!"