US-Bases on Emiraua Island 1944 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US-Bases on Emiraua Island 1944

Emiraua Island 1944

A very great job, nothing to say...AI traffic on the sea, in the air, what we can want more...thanks a lot!!!

ps:I only wonder if someone have do an AI traffic for planes for solomons island by roger-wilco-66.

Quote Originally Posted by georges-andre View Post
    A very great job, nothing to say...AI traffic on the sea, in the air, what we can want more...thanks a lot!!!

ps:I only wonder if someone have do an AI traffic for planes for solomons island by roger-wilco-66.
    Thanks a lot :-)

AI traffic for the solomons (AI boat traffic). Go to AVSIM and serch for the folloing file : solomon_islands_1943_naval_traffic_18.zip. Its the only one i found.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Would you please go to post number #19 here.... there you can find the links in the signatur of roger-wilco. On my side...they work.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Thanks Klaus,

The links in roger-wilco-66's signature worked fine.
    Mike M.​

DOH! Dummy me had the AI traffic sliders to 50%. at 100% those Corsairs show up beautifully.Thanks.
    I thing it's time to jump in a Corsair and go pound Rabaul!

Quote Originally Posted by dc10boy View Post
    DOH! Dummy me had the AI traffic sliders to 50%. at 100% those Corsairs show up beautifully.Thanks.
    I thing it's time to jump in a Corsair and go pound Rabaul!
    ok.... good to hear that it is working know.

Then stand up and give a real good bloody nose to the japs

Greetings
    Klaus

Us-Bases on Emiraua Island 1944

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Thanks a lot :-)

AI traffic for the solomons (AI boat traffic). Go to AVSIM and serch for the folloing file : solomon_islands_1943_naval_traffic_18.zip. Its the only one i found.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Hello, thanks for the answer,but I have used it since I have discover the solomons islands and for me I think that this another great scenery will deserve an AI flight planes as your scenery.it's much better for the "realism",doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post

Server Error

404 - File or Directory Not Found
    "The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I've also searched high and low in the SOH Warbirds FSX Addons/FSX Scenery library and can't seem to find either the v2 Solomon 1943 scenery or its update.

Due to it's size, Solomon 1943 does not reside in the warbirds library. The links should work - Mike, could you please PM me your IP Adress? See https://www.whatismyip.com/ . We'll check what gives.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Due to it's size, Solomon 1943 does not reside in the warbirds library. The links should work - Mike, could you please PM me your IP Adress? See https://www.whatismyip.com/ . We'll check what gives.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

I was able to download your large original Solomon Scenery 1943 v2 file and the smaller update file using the links in your signature as recommended by Klaus, so I'm all set now.

It was only the 2 links in Klaus's Readme Emirau Island 1944.pdf file that didn't work for me and gave me the server error.

Thanks for your concern.
    Mike M.​

Klaus,

Superbly assembled PTO war environment - congratulations. Scenery mesh and textures all look right and good. Like the AI variety. Only small issue I had was the Hornet (?) cv model gives a building crash (not your fault) so I swapped it with a different WW II cv model of Colin's that now allows me to land my Corsair. I trap with crash detection "on."

Where do I go to find the IJN?

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Klaus,

Superbly assembled PTO war environment - congratulations. Scenery mesh and textures all look right and good. Like the AI variety. Only small issue I had was the Hornet (?) cv model gives a building crash (not your fault) so I swapped it with a different WW II cv model of Colin's that now allows me to land my Corsair. I trap with crash detection "on."

Where do I go to find the IJN?

expat
    I did not notice the problem with the Hornet... my crash detection is off. Bag your pardon for that.

The IJN is in the north-west of Emirau (not so far away.... but not visible when you start at the airbase ) So you have to search for it ;-)

Greetings
    Klaus

I took my weapon armed Wildcat out hunting IJN today. a line of thunderstorms North and West of Emirau hampered my efforts. Anyone have better luck?

No! I had my tubby and reilable F4F out there too last night and nearly strafed my own side's ships thinking they were the enemy (NW of the island but close in)! No sign of them NW of the island about 50 miles out.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by dc10boy View Post
    I took my weapon armed Wildcat out hunting IJN today. a line of thunderstorms North and West of Emirau hampered my efforts. Anyone have better luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    No! I had my tubby and reilable F4F out there too last night and nearly strafed my own side's ships thinking they were the enemy (NW of the island but close in)! No sign of them NW of the island about 50 miles out.
    Military intelligenz gets a very urgent report from the route of that submarine..... don`t know how they manage it to get this information.... but hope they are right. Normaly their information are very good. So .... they send us this map with a sector to serch.

Got 'em!
    After departing Emirau to the North, I joined up with the U.S.S. Hornet's tack force and brought my F6F-5 aboard to refuel and rearm.Of course I was flying VF-17s Hellcat #35 actually based aboard the Hornet.
    After launching from the Hornet, I headed North at angels 5 and found the Japanese Submarine a short time later. I laid 2 500 pounders close aboard and finished her with a rocket run.
    A quick return to the Hornet had me back aboard in time for dinner.

Thanks for the vectors!

Hello Klaus,
    I didnt recive reply for PM, can You check this topic
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...(P3Dv4-update) ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0