Convert FS2004 or FSX Planes to CFS3

Thread: Convert FS2004 or FSX Planes to CFS3

Convert FS2004 or FSX Planes to CFS3

Just wonderin'.

This was probably asked and answered years ago but, does anyone know of a tutorial on how to convert FS2004 or FSX of CFS2 planes to run in CFS3?

I've seen lots of CFS3 planes on Sim-Outhouse that say "FS2004 conversion" or "CFS2 conversion" so I presume it can be done with some FS2004 or CFS2 planes. Never seen any FSX conversions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dcb337; March 20th, 2016 at 10:59.

You really need the source files to do this, then it's a bit of work with Gmax - just how much varies with the model, how it's mapped and animations may need rescaling. It's really a job for an experienced modeller who understands the key differences between how FS9/CFS2 models are configured and how CFS3 models differ – there are important differences. That's why you're unlikely to find a tut on the subject.

FSX models tend to be more complex – some are much more complex – and a proper FSX model with a VC is at least two separate models: an exterior model and one or more interior VC model. Animations for FSX are limited only by a modeller's imagination and a hard limit of around 500 animated objects! Lots more texture sheets too, lots...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well, that sounds way too complicated for me! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Members who have read this thread: 0