TacPack for P3D v3.2: crash to desktop

Thread: TacPack for P3D v3.2: crash to desktop

Icon9 [SOLVED] TacPack for P3D v3.2: crash to desktop

Hi guys,

This morning I downloaded and installed the new TacPack for P3D v3.2, followed by the SuperHornet.
    Installations and activations of both products went smooth, all was fine.
    Launched a flight, the Hornet is on the parking, in Cold&Dark I forgot how beautiful this model is.
    I proceeded with starting the beast. Battery, APU, all good. Engines, FCS etc.... just going through an incomplete sequence from my memory anyways...

Then came the problem. After my plane was switched on, I started exploring the MFDs. Then, I clicked on the FLIR button on the right MFD.... And the sim crashed to desktop, with no error message or anything.

I didn't have time to test again, I had to leave to go to work. Anybody had that bug ? Does your FLIR work ?

EDIT: I confirm the problem is solved by activating the option "MipMap VC Panels" in the game settings
    Last edited by Daube; March 18th, 2016 at 10:52.

Not sure if that's true but I think that FLIR only works in FSX DX9 mode.

Will try Tacpack for 3.2 later tonight after work.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm wondering if it's the same problem as with 2.5. Try changing the "mipmap VC panels" box in P3d settings. I can't remember off hand which it needs to be (on or off), but P3d will crash if it's set one way.

Thanks for the advice Dave, I will test this tonight. If I remember correctly, mine is set to OFF at the moment.

Dimus, the P3D version of TacPack is able to display the FLIR image in DX11. I was using TacPack in P3D v2.3 already, and I could deliver some laser-guided bombs and Mavericks without problems

... And writing about the Mavericks just reminded me the IRIS Warthog which is in my P3D hangar. The Warthog works perfectly in P3Dv3.2 but of course the TacPack features were unavailable until now... I wonder if the current version will work with this new TacPack version...

Just to confirm, the symptoms you describe do very much sound like what happens if "Mipmap VC Panels" is not checked. (Options | Settings | Graphics | View and Panel Settings | Mipmap VC Panels - It MUST be checked)

Also, just a reminder to head over to our support forums if you're having issues with any of our releases.

Thanks Adiemus for your confirmation and coming around here
    In fact I was just browsing through the VRS forums and found that topic which was mentioning this problem for P3Dv2.5:
    http://forums.vrsimulations.com/foru...p?f=83&t=15273
    Last edited by Daube; March 18th, 2016 at 07:39. Reason: I can't even spell a name... but I can misspell it twice...

Ok maybe I overlooked something but in the VRS Forums all they say is that the TacPack and the SH are still in (beta) testing for P3D V3.2.
    So it seems for me that it's not released yet fpr P3D V3?

I don't know. The fact that I can download, install and use it is "released" enough for me (for now )

I confirm the problem was solved by activating the option "MipMap VC Panels" in the game settings. Thanks a lot for the reminder, Dave and Adiemus

Members who have read this thread: 0