Craig Richardson's Edgley Optica W('s).I.P.

Thread: Craig Richardson's Edgley Optica W('s).I.P.

Craig Richardson's Edgley Optica W('s).I.P.

Every year around this time (when the snow is melting locally and hints of warm breezy summer days fill the head) I start planning my summer "just for fun" flights and I pick a nice plane slap a paint on it find an area and a theme and go have fun. I've done Alaskan bush flights and grass strips in the Pacific Northwest and most of North Eastern Africa. This year I haven't quite made up my mind where to go but I've just about finished 4 paints (5 if you count the blank you see below) for the plane I decided to fly. Personally I can't praise Craig Richardson enough I really enjoy quite a few of his models and have always found the quality of his work to be outstanding. I only hope my tiny contribution lives up to the standards he has set for his works. Once completed I'm planning on uploading the paints on Flightsim but I thought I'd feel them out here first, hoping I can get some feedback but that I leave up to you.

Added panel lines, rivets, and some exhaust vents on the engine cowling.

large screw heads

I'm not quite sure of the purpose of the little square thing on the wing but I saw it in a picture and tried to duplicate it.

I didn't add anything that I couldn't see in a picture off the net, but there wasn't a whole bunch of good shots for working with fine detail like rivets and such so although I tried to keep it real looking, it's not real world accurate.

If there's any interest I'll post some pictures of the actual paints as I get close to finishing them.

Hope you enjoyed
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2016-03-11 15-10-26-94.jpg   fsx 2016-03-11 15-10-52-40.jpg   fsx 2016-03-11 15-11-32-75.jpg   fsx 2016-03-11 15-16-04-07.jpg   fsx 2016-03-11 15-16-51-70.jpg   fsx 2016-03-11 15-18-13-46.jpg  

That square opening may be connected to some sort of stall warning system...

N.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post

N.
    I've seen that or something similar on other aircraft. I believe it's an AOA tab (basically what you're talking about/stall warning).

Yes, indeed ! I should certainly like a copy of your enhancements when you complete them.
    Craig's Optica is one of my go to aircraft for 'flight-seeing'.

Yes please! Craig's Optica is a favorite of mine too.

Thanks for sharing,
    Michael

Love it, and love painting that thing

Never occurred to me to do something like that and Im glad you did

Any possibility of getting the revised HD template

Very neat details. Please share.
    In May this very plane becomes rather important for me as my Oculus Rift is due to arrive then
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post

N.
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I've seen that or something similar on other aircraft. I believe it's an AOA tab (basically what you're talking about/stall warning).
    Thanks guys, it's nice to know!

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Yes, indeed ! I should certainly like a copy of your enhancements when you complete them.
    Craig's Optica is one of my go to aircraft for 'flight-seeing'.
    Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post
    Yes please! Craig's Optica is a favorite of mine too.

Thanks for sharing,
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Love it, and love painting that thing

Never occurred to me to do something like that and Im glad you did

Any possibility of getting the revised HD template
    You bet, I'm just not sure how much longer it will be but shouldn't be too long.

I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing alternate pilot garb for an "English Army" scheme I've attached some photos below

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Very neat details. Please share.
    In May this very plane becomes rather important for me as my Oculus Rift is due to arrive then
    Oculus rift! lucky dog, erm I mean lucky half cat half human hybrid!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image009.jpg   image010.jpg   image001.jpg   image004.jpg   image003.jpg   image002.jpg  

image005.jpg   image008.jpg   image006.jpg   image007.jpg  

I'll be looking forward to those too! :-)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Firstly, my apologies for disappearing off the radar since I originally posted this (I can't believe it's been nearly a year already!) but shortly after I did post this the bottom dropped out of the oil industry in my neck of the woods and I found myself with many other worries and had to put the Optica aside until last week when I finally finished off what I had started. Anyways there are 4 paints up on flightsim.com for those interested (just search "edgley optica")

There are some new screenshots located on the flightsim screenshot forum in this thread:
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...ptica-repaints

Again apologies, for my tardiness.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Looks like what was on the right wing of both my Clipper (PA16) and Pacer (PA20). At critical angle of attack, it vibrates sending a signal to either a red light (PA16) or Aural (PA20) on the panel - very effective.

Members who have read this thread: 0