Flight 19's Wild Kingdom - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Flight 19's Wild Kingdom

sorry I keep missing you guys. I've been checking the site in the evenings but so far out schedules haven't coincided.

- dcc
    - -

dcc, we start at 9:00 CDT

And we're on port 23457.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hi!

Real nice flight last night, but I had problems lining up on the runway with the P-80, and when finally I made it I hit the runway very hard, and boy! did we have a nice fire for BBQ if you like the favor of kerosene! Hehe. So this tell the old pilot that we need more time in the P-80

And about the movie mentioned yesterday I was wrong, we are going to the land of OZ!

Here was my view of the same scene

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-28-007.jpg  

Hi again folks,

On this flight I was nearing the end of the day before landing at DAAJ, and Flight 19 is nearing the end of our African adventure. The powers to be are working on another adventure for us, but this time I sure hope that our travel agent or agents plan a heck of a lot better for this next one than a few of our pervious junkets.

So folks stay tuned for the further adventure of the infamous Flight 19

Taco and Dudley, but who cares.

I don't get a chance very often to fly this online, but I'm sneaking it in for the last few African legs. The last time I had it online, it kept getting shotdown as I would near Saigon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-31-030.jpg  

So here we are again, we had an early flight from DTTA to DAAV. We should be leaving DAAV and heading for an unknown airport, city, until we all get together and decide where to from here. On the last flight we had a number of plane changes and now we are all jets, but I do miss my skeeter. hearing the merlin engine can give any airplane nut a real thrill. Oh, by the way hearing a racial engine is about the same, me believe. hehe

As Paul would say, it was an "interesting" flight. I was using the airbrakes to keep from getting too far out ahead of the group and forgot I had them on. Next thing I know, the stall light comes on and I'm falling out of the sky. Eventually, I manage to get the nose down and get enough airspeed back up to get some semblence of control. Airspeed comes back up over 200 and I flip otto back on. Apparenty otto seemed to think that altitude hold means climb straight up. Anyway we got up about FL390, before that difference of opinion was settled to my satisfaction. Still a ways out of DAAZ and I do a slow descent in that direction. While I'm going slow the others get way ahead of me, so I leveled off at about 6000 and open the throttle to just under the point that the afterburner kicks in.

Anyways, there I am minding my own bidness playing with the radio/cd player, doing Mach 1 and realize that I'm only 10nm out from the airfield. Chop the throttle and hit the brakes. At approach speeds, instability is the Ford's middle name. Did some fancy manuvers on approach and ended up landing on the right main, but it all worked out and it's BBQ time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-sep-1-001.jpg   Flt 19-2016-sep-1-002.jpg   Flt 19-2016-sep-1-003.jpg   Flt 19-2016-sep-1-004.jpg  

Finally made our way out of Africa and landed in Gibralter. Now to find the pub.

And gotta catch the redeye to Oz. Strange things going on there.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-sep-4-004.jpg   Flt 19-2016-sep-4-003.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0