Flight 19's Wild Kingdom - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flight 19's Wild Kingdom

Howdy all,

Like Moses mentioned we made it to the airport near Kilimanjaro mountain. Hehe while Willy and Moses flew around the mountain (Kilimanjaro) I sneaked in to get a good parking place, not really, just screwed up and tried to go around but I was way passed the turning point unless I wanted to climb way about 12,000 then I would have had a heck of a time clearing any granite out cropping's.

Howdy all,

Just three picture of our flight on Monday night. Sure were a lot of those hills around Kilimanjaro just did a little hand flying scooted right around those bugger. Last night we made it to HUMA. Forgot to take any picture on this flight. The next flight will be from HUMA to FZNA, and I hope I won't forget to take pictures.

A few pics from near the end of last night's flight when it was getting dark.

The Office: I've done a few small changes to the vc of the Alabeo Gee Bee (can't leave nothing alone)

Also, I've decided to go green....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-may-28-003.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-28-006.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-28-008.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hi there!

Well, I finally got the needed parts for the C-54, and installed very quickly after a two day delay. Caught up with Flight 19 at FZRF and made the flight to FLBA. Had problems locating the bloody airport, but finally found it down in a hole made a forbidden dive into the hole and made the runway OK, just plain dumb luck that we made it, should have gone around. Hehe, who said Flight 19 must follow the rules!

Rules? There's rules to this madness???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 NX44W.jpg  

Hi everybody,

We had a very nice flight tonight, and at least the runway wasn't down in a hole. Whew! Didn't realize that parts of Africa had some many large mountains. Landing at FWKA reminded me of landing in the Northern part of California Central Valley Mountains on the west and east sides of the valley, and farms and green pastures, looks like very nice country.

Hey There,

Just a couple of snaps from last nights flight. Things have been slow here and about due to some R/L thunder storms in the Midwest, and we are all hopeful that the T-Storm will slow down and we all can get back to our flying. I just think that our old buddy Achmed is involved in some of our small problems, but who knows. All I know is that he will try anything to get his revenge from some of our past involvement with that rascal. Hehe, for some reason Flight 19 seem to come out of these involvements on top! Talk to you all later.

I heard that ol' Achmed was making the natives restless, so I figured I'd best get some "Self Bombing Defense" ready....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jun-4-001.jpg  

Somewhere over Africa, looking for a car wash...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jun-5-011.jpg  

Found one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jun-7-001.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jun-7-002.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jun-7-004.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jun-7-005.jpg  

Howdy All,

Boy! With Achmed bouncing around yelling against Flight 19 we were sure glad to see Willy's SBD flying cap for us. We didn't see anything of our arch enemy, but that's not saying that that bugger wasn't hanging around somewhere keeping an eye on us. Dudley was upset that we were carry a cargo of corndog sticks, he kept saying throwing corndog sticks at Achmed just wouldn't work, stating that we should be carrying a cargo of big bang things in order to keep Achmed at bay. hehe, that's my buddy Dudley.

Hi folks,

Well, we decided to take some time off and check out and service the Aircraft. Me and Dudley decided to rent, maybe, a small plane to check out Victoria Falls, dang, couldn't find one for rent. We were just walking around the place and seem this here TBF. Looked like it was in great shape, found one fella who must have owned the plane. “Hey there, you speak a English?” He turned around and gave us a look like what heck do think, “You Bet.” Asked him about renting the TBF for the afternoon for some sight seeing around the county. “No problem Yank.” So we decided on a price and shook hands on the deal, “Hey Yank, do you think you can fly it?” “Hehe, does the lone Ranger ride a white horse!' “Landing maybe a problem tho!”

Hehe, Back again! Howdy.

Wow! last nights flight started out really great, but along the line two of our flight needed to return to FLLI do to some sort of mechanical problems. Sure hope they catch up with me, I continued the flight onto FBSN. Gads, heck a hard time seeing the airport all that was there was just the runway, so needed to park on grass sure glad we didn't sink into any soft ground, so luck was with us. lol

Wow! Hi There,

So here we are, after a few day hiatus, all of us was back in the air. A very nice flight from FAAL to FASZ. Sure don't know whats going on with our buddy Achmed haven't seen and heard from that rascal for quite sometime. More than likely he is busy planning a big surprise for flight 19. But we will be ready for that bugger. Talk to you all later, but first

Into South Africa near Durban.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000.jpg  

Hey, here we go again,

The flight we had before last nights flight started out fairly neat, until we seem that the runway was only 2625 feet long and in the middle of some of those over grown mole hills. Most pilots made it in OK, but yours truly stalled and you can imagine what happened.

Well, we all got off on that short runway and had a nice flight into FAHV, but alas, didn't see the large dam that was here, so FSX tells us. hehe. Tonight we will be heading for FAPA.

Finally at the southern tip of Africa as we arrived in Port Alfred today. Maybe take a dip in the ocean? Morocco sure seems far away now...

Nothing but grass runways here. Taco took his time picking out the right one.

Wow! that airport runways were sure hard to see. The grass runways were the same color as the surrounding ground, Hehe, over flew the airport and had to come around for a second short at landing. Well, for some reason I landed on a runway, but, couldn't really see the different between the runway and the ground. I think after the last couple of flight which were questionable I am going to shoot our travel agent.

We rounded the Cape (Town), and now heading back up the continent.

Acquired something a little more suitable for long distance desert flying. A working lavatory and full galley...

I was going to switch over the T-33, but ran into some "otto" issuses. Like as near as I can tell, it doesn't have one. So, I figured I'd go back to my old trusty Gee Bee. I did get this pic of it along with Taco checking his guns in the background....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jun-24-003.jpg  

Hi All

We had a nice and uneventful flight up to FACV from FACT. I guess I should have said with the exception of Willy having problems with "Mr. Otto" who it seem give all of us some problem every once in awhile. Nice to see MM back flying with Flight 19 after his stay down under, welcome home MM.

Well, hi there.

A wee bit behind letting you all know where we are or isn't. We left FACV and headed forward to FAUP, FAUP has a runway that is over 16,000 feet long, no problem being able to stop on that bugger! Next flight we will be leaving South Africa, and I think heading into Namibia, but knowing Flight 19 who in the heck knows. hehe.

Hey, big surprise!

We left FAUP and ended up at FYKT, and me think FYKT is in Namibia. Knowing myself and Mr. Willy and with our navigation skills your guess is as good as mine. Before leaving FAUP loaded up with some live round for me gun just in case our best buddy Achmed decide to pull some kind of dirty trick on us. We landed at FYKT without an encounter with Achmed and his crew!

Got the T-Bird back up and running. Great flight into Eros Windhoek.

Think I snuck up on that Skyraider on the way into town. I couldn't resist just blowing by him....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jun-28-003.jpg  

Right before the crash landing.... I heard there's no Autozone in town, so I'm hoping for maybe a Pep Boys to fix it back up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jun-29-001.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0