Flight 19's Wild Kingdom - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flight 19's Wild Kingdom

Hi Folks,

Well, we were back in the air last night, we flew IFR, (hehe I follow river). We followed the Niger river from Bouren (GABR) to Timbuktu (GATB). Strange to see all that water and nothing growing along the river banks, but some place it was green in large areas. Didn't see any major villages along the way. Strange, this used to be one of the largest caravan routes in the ancient world. You would think that some small villages or way points would still be around.

I think we're in Niger or Nigeria or something like that...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-apr-15-006.jpg   Flt 19-2016-apr-15-008.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hi everyone.

Well, old Dudley and I are having our problems, it seem we damaged something on our plane with every landing. Hehe, soon we will be running out of parts, but for Flight 19 that is not unusual. General thoughts is that maybe our old friend Achmed is involved in our problems. Would be nice if we could blame everything on him, but it just us. Here are some screen shots from the last couple of flights. Have you ever tried to get film developed in these kind of far away places. hehe.

New name: Crash Taco! lol

Hello there!

Well, we have a couple of pilots who are doing some R&R here in Tillabery, Niger before flying on to, now dig this name, Dogondoutchi! (both pilots are doing some R/L things, but should return soon) Old Dudley and myself were like duck out of water, so after some discussion decided to call a few friends and see if any bidness could be had. So far no luck, but will keep you all informed on our progress. Added some pictures of pervious Flights

Looks like we're back in action!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-apr-28-001.jpg   Flt 19-2016-apr-28-002.jpg  

Hey there! yep, back in the air again. Some photos from last nights flight.

Nigeria, post fueling, pre-departure.

Here is a shot taken on a flight a few days ago. That Beech is trying to overtake me, hehe. Shucks, the bugger passed me and ran right over the top of the poon, lol, sweet revenge coming soon!

Hey there, been behind the eight ball and not letting you all see some pictures from our flights. These photo are from our Monday night flight from DNJO t0 DNYO a very nice flight.

Its me again, some photos from last nights flight. Note, hehe I changed planes needed more cargo space big demand for corndog sticks thru out Africa would you believe. No problem from our friendly bad guy Achmed he must be busy raising cane some where else.

H i t h e r e e v e r y o n e ,

A s y o u p r o p a b l y n o t e d t h a t w e d i d n  t f l y y e s t e r d a y b e c a u s e s o m e u n f o r e s e e n p r o b l e m s s e e m e d t o h a v e p o p p e d u p . T h e C - 4 6 d e v e l o p e d s o m e m a j o r p r o b l e m s , a n d M r . W i l l y w i t h h i s f a m o u s t r a d i n g a b i l i t y e n d e d u p w i t h a C - 5 4 t h a t h a s b e e n s e t t i n g h e r e a t t h e a i r p o r t f o r s o m e t i m e .

A n d s o , w e s p e n t m o s t o f t h e d a y c h a n g i n g t h e c a r g o f r o m o n e t o t h e o t h e r , a n d c h a s i n g o u t a l l t h e v a r m i n t s  o u t o f t h e C - 5 4 , m a n , s o m e o f t h e m w e r e i n s o m e o f t h e d o g g o n e p l a c e s y o u c o u l d t h i n k o f . B u t a l a s , w e g o t i t a l l d o n e a n d t o o u r s u r p r i s e t h e o l d g a l f i r e d r i g h t u p
    a n d e v e r y t h i n g w a s w o r k i n g i n t i p t o p s h a p e . W i t h a n y k i n d o f l u c k w e w i l l p u s h o n f r o m h e re tonight.

What in the heck did I do to come up with that post like that.

Did you toggle the telegram font?

We landed in the Central African Republic today. The airfield is just outside of the city.

That is Taco on very short final wrestling the big DC-4 down to the dirt runway.

Howdy

Well, here we are getting ready for takeoff to FEGZ from FKKN. Nice flight but was a little concern about landing at FEGZ a short dirt runway (3675 ft. + or - a few ft.) Hehe, made it OK!

Made it to the Capital city of Bangui.

Last edited by Moses03; June 17th, 2016 at 11:17.

Got a deal on this "sport" aeroplane. It's a little rowdy on takeoffs and landings but flies fairly nice once up in the air. Speedy lil' bugger too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-may-7-004.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-7-001.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-7-002.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-7-005.jpg  

Hey everybody,

We left FEFF, M'poko for FZFP Kotakoli, and everything looked good for a nice and quite flight. But, old Mother Nature decided to give us a run for our money, and she started with some clouds and ended up with a super thunder storm, but that's not all she added a little fog for our descent. We all made it down without to much trouble. One thing at least, the runway being dirt was not a mud hole because of the thunder storms. Sure had my thoughts that this might be a very interesting landing with a muddy runway, but proven wrong again. lol.

Not really sure just where we are, but the sun set on us on the way there. Somehow flying a Gee Bee at night just seems "suicidal". We've set up for a 4am departure for the next leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-may-10-004.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-10-003.jpg  

Hello, only thing I can say is the sun is setting behind us, so, maybe we are heading east. 4AM, gee, me body isn't awake then. Hehe, but, we will make it lots of coffee!

Ramp life in the Congo.

Hello all,

Heck, this getting up before the crack of dawn isn't my cup of tea! Dark as heck, Dudley and I painfully thru our pre-flight check, and just in case we did it again knowing, doggone good and well we missed something. But, we got thru it without to much trouble and all looked fine, we will run over the preflight check before take off. Only good thing about getting up this early was that the flight office had plenty of hot coffee and some donuts, and we made a pig out of ourselves with those donuts. It was a nice flight and we didn't have any problems staying awake because of all that coffee you surely know that we were running back and forth to the little boys room. hehe, at this point we were sure glad that this plane had one. LOL

In Uganda skies. Flying in the shadow of the big man.

Hey all! Not a bad flight from FZKA to HUEN even with the funky weather. A low overcast upon landing at Entebbe but all made it OK.

Hello all,

Well, after a short or long delay, which ever you want to call it, waiting for some engine parts for the C-54 we finally got off into the wild blue yonder! All in all a nice flight even with the thunder storms doing there thing. Now we are headed for the Mount Kilimanjaro should be interesting the bloody mountain is over 19,000 ft.

Arrived in the vicinity of Kilimanjaro...

Members who have read this thread: 0