Converting AI

Thread: Converting AI

Converting AI

Im having a bit of trouble with this. I have AIFP version 3.1 I went into Bulk traffic convert FS9 files to FSX and it does not seem to have done the trick. Am I doing something wrong.

What indications are you getting that it did not covert the .bgl? Suggestion is to make sure the "add FSX" to the .bgl helps me keep all the conversations in order.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    What indications are you getting that it did not covert the .bgl? Suggestion is to make sure the "add FSX" to the .bgl helps me keep all the conversations in order.
    When I clicked convert it did come up with FSX bgl.

When one converts traffic files in ...\scenery\world\scenery folder for example, AIFP3 puts the converted ..._FSX.bgl files into the same folder (as default). However AIFP3 doesn't delete the original FS9 traffic files there. FSX shows only FS9 traffic if there are both kind of traffic files available. So after converting put the files in alfabetical order and delete (or move somewhere else) all FS9 files which have the same name as _FSX ending FSX traffic files. Then you se only FSX traffic unless you have other FS9 traffic files lurking in some other scenery folder. There is also search tool for finding (not wanted) FS9 traffic files in AIFP3.

Pekka

During the 'find-and-convert' process there is a checkbox to delete the old BGL files after conversion.

Just for safety, though, it's always wise to check that the old FS9 files have actually been deleted.

Dave

I forgot that checkbox.

Members who have read this thread: 0