P3D v.3.2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P3D v.3.2

P3D v.3.2

FYI, P3D v3.2 is released. Go get it: http://prepar3d.com/
    No changelog yet available.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks for the info !
    I'm downloading the client update right now (123 Mb only).

Changelog is here: http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCe...w/new_v32.html

Woha! Thanks for the info!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks for the changelog!
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

It took me more or less 30 seconds to update to 3.2, that was just as easy and nice as with the 3.1.
    Now, I'm not 100% because I restarted the sim several times, but it seems that AICarriers doesn't work anymore, the popup window refuses to appear (but AICarriers appears in the Addons menu).
    Can anybody else confirm ?

However, it's 100% sure that ObjectFlow doesn't work, it will even crash the loading of the sim, so choose "don't run" until a new version is available.

Hmmm. I think I'll wait a bit. Did you just whack it over 3.1? The instructions are:

Quote: To install the Prepar3D v3.2 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v3.0/v3.1 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel.

I thought uninstalling is obsolete?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

You just need to uninstall the client.
    The client is just a part of the sim, just one of the 3-5 P3D items in the programs uninstall list in the Windows Control Panel.
    The procedure is just exactely the same than it was for the 3.1 update.

Blog Entries
    I'll be downloading, but may wait to install until the various .dll updates become available. Right now IS is an absolute must in my primary sim. I'll be keen to see the feedback as it comes in.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Hmmm. I think I'll wait a bit. Did you just whack it over 3.1? The instructions are:

Quote: To install the Prepar3D v3.2 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v3.0/v3.1 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel.

I thought uninstalling is obsolete?

Cheers,
    Mark
    Actually had it not been for the Orbx non-compatibility issues, this would still stand as the easiest upgrade ever.

I always wait until my checklist of DLLs requiring verification is updated.
    Currently my checklist contains
    -ObjectFlow
    -IS3
    -ASN
    -GTN750

If I had FSUIPC it would be on the list as well.
    I'm in no hurry, though.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    I always wait until my checklist of DLLs requiring verification is updated.
    Currently my checklist contains
    -ObjectFlow
    -IS3
    -ASN
    -GTN750

If I had FSUIPC it would be on the list as well.
    I'm in no hurry, though.

updating p3D now
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Actually had it not been for the Orbx non-compatibility issues, this would still stand as the easiest upgrade ever.
    A little bit confused here...
    Previously used to do a full reinstall, lots of time and work, a boring issue. Think this the best method, no? mean everything, Orbx Global and vector that I own, (any non-compatibility issues?) some airplanes...downloading everything now. Read about a "Client".
    Is it possible to instal only this ? think not but would like to know why is so easy to install this new version. Would someone be so kind and teach me? What steps to follow?
    Thanks, best regards

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Thanks for the info !
    I'm downloading the client update right now (123 Mb only).

Changelog is here: http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCe...w/new_v32.html
    Where do you get the client update from? On my Downloads page I only have the full V3.2 and the SDK.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

Where do you get the client update from? On my Downloads page I only have the full V3.2 and the SDK.
    just click on
    + Individual Component Downloads (click to expand)

it will expand and let you download all components you need.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks mate.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    A little bit confused here...
    Previously used to do a full reinstall, lots of time and work, a boring issue. Think this the best method, no? mean everything, Orbx Global and vector that I own, (any non-compatibility issues?) some airplanes...downloading everything now. Read about a "Client".
    Is it possible to instal only this ? think not but would like to know why is so easy to install this new version. Would someone be so kind and teach me? What steps to follow?
    Thanks, best regards
    Yes, since P3Dv3.0, the sim is divided into several parts: the client (the core sim engine), the content (sceneries, planes, effects etc....), the SDK and some other things I forgot.
    The client can be updated alone, without updating the rest. The client is only a small file to download, which is 123 MB in size. It contains all the bug fixes, new features, and performance improvements.

Here are the steps:
    - first, you have to download the client from the "Download" section of the P3D website. You'll need your P3Dv3 licence ID and key to log in and get the correct links.
    - as written by Vora above, on that download page, you'll have to click on the line written "+ Individual Component Download (click to expand)" to get the links for the individual files (instead of the big complete game package)
    - on these links, you just need to download the file named "Install_Client.msi", which is exactly 123 MB size. I downloaded it directly to my Windows desktop, you don't need to place it in any specific folder or anything like that.
    - once the download is done, you have to go to the Windows Control Panel and select the "programs and functionnalities" part, where you get the list of programs currently installed on your computer.
    - scroll down in the list, until you find the 4 to 5 lines that are related to Prepar3Dv3
    - one of these lines is about the client. This is the ONLY ONE you need to uninstall. You don't need to uninstall the other lines. Only the client. The uninstall of the client is mandatory, because it will "free" your licence ID, so that you can "reuse" it to activate the new client version.
    - once the uninstall is complete, double-click on the "Install_Client.msi" you just downloaded. This will trigger the install of the new 3.2 client.
    - when it's finished, you can launch your sim.
    - during the loading, it will ask you for your P3Dv3 licence ID and key (yes, just like the website) to reactivate your P3Dv3 (yes, this is mandatory).
    - if you had any OrbX sceneries installed, it will also ask you if you want to run the OrbX PeopleFlow modules. Choose "don't run", they are not compatible yet and they will cause a crash to desktop.
    - that's all.

Thanks Daube for the step by step instructions!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thank you so much Daube, for your help.
    Perhaps I missed something, but looked on P3D site when downloading, they say you can do this and that with the "clients"files, but nothing about "how". Now, myself and looks like several other sim fans know what to do...
    Going to wait for a new Orbx people flow dll to update.

Best regards

If I understand this correctly , there are no Content or Scenery updates in 3.2 ? If memory serves me right() I deleted Client , Content and Scenery in 3.1 and then installed 3.1 over 3.0 with the full installer and it retained my aircraft , scenery and programs . With the exception of coarse of reinstalling FTX Global , object flow and waiting on the dll changes (IS etc) The reason was that I believe update 3.1 did have some minor default aircraft and scenery updates . I'll go to P3D and read through the Change Log line by line and see what's been changed , improved and updated . Hats off to Lockheed Martin for keeping P3D finely tuned with , 3.0 , 3.1 , and now 3.2 .

Rich

Installed client, content (Must reinstall REX, custom textures and effects -- Like PreciptFX -- that you may use) and SDK here. No problems at all, only the usual FTX libraries waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Thank you so much Daube, for your help.
    Perhaps I missed something, but looked on P3D site when downloading, they say you can do this and that with the "clients"files, but nothing about "how". Now, myself and looks like several other sim fans know what to do...
    Going to wait for a new Orbx people flow dll to update.

Best regards
    On the download page there is a link that sends you to instructions on how to install or update P3D. In there it is stated that the client can be updated by uninstalling the client only and then installing the new client, pretty much as Daube has described.

Anybody excepted me tried using AICarriers in P3D v3.2 ?

Yes I've tried and it doesn't work neither does a fresh install of AI Carriers solve the problem.

Ah, thanks a lot for the confirmation.
    That confirms it's not something wrong with my install only

I'm trying but no joy.. I'm getting the aicarriers menu option on the tool bar but clicking on it or shift J will not bring up the carrier placement options menu. I'm using the xml aicarrier package.

Members who have read this thread: 0