P3D v.3.2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P3D v.3.2

There's a v3.2 compatible beta update available for ASN available from their forum now.

This is what I did:

1. Uninstalled v3.1 Client - Installed v.3.2 client
    2. Uninstalled v3.1 Content - Installed v3.2 Content
    3. Uninstalled v3.1 Scenery - Installed v3.2 Scenery

So Far only tested MV F-100D and F4J/S which appear to work.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    There's a v3.2 compatible beta update available for ASN available from their forum now.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/sh...date-OPEN-BETA
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    This is what I did:

1. Uninstalled v3.1 Client - Installed v.3.2 client
    2. Uninstalled v3.1 Content - Installed v3.2 Content
    3. Uninstalled v3.1 Scenery - Installed v3.2 Scenery

So Far only tested MV F-100D and F4J/S which appear to work.

Does this install technique enable AIcarriers to work? I don't have any Orbix packages.. Only some add on aircraft.. Kind of a navy guy, so Until Tackpack comes out for V3.. AIcarriers is all I got..

To make AICarriers work, you simply need to update the client and the content. (points 1 and 2 in Rick's message).
    The scenery update is not needed for AICarriers.
    I did just that two days ago, updated my client and AICarriers wasn't working anymore, updated my content and AICarriers started working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    To make AICarriers work, you simply need to update the client and the content. (points 1 and 2 in Rick's message).
    The scenery update is not needed for AICarriers.
    I did just that two days ago, updated my client and AICarriers wasn't working anymore, updated my content and AICarriers started working again.
    I too have have done the same and AI Carriers now works. Also the carrier wakes look more realistic something has changed?
    As far as Orbx scenery goes all I had to do was launch Orbx Central and reapply the groups.
    So far I've found a significant increase in scenery rendition and frame rates are also increased.

Blog Entries
    I thought I could hold off, but 3.2 kept callin' to me.

I went the un-install route and did a clean install of the full program. No issues with the install, other than waiting for various .dll driven add-ons to update. No worries on that.

My AivlaSoft EFB booted right up, ASN weather has a beta available, and to my joy I finally have a working copy of EZDok in Prepar3d.
    REX updated perfectly with no problems and soft clouds with default P3D weather scenarios w/volumetric enabled is extremely good.

I installed TF AICarriers 6 HD on top of AICarriers2. The only AIC2 glitch, even with the code in the exe.xml it didn't appear in the Add-ons drop down so I pinned the AICarriers.exe to my taskbar. Problem solved. Also upgraded the USS Nimitz textures to 2048 x 2048 for the High Def model. Really nice.

MSE, GSX, Couatl, Flightbeam, FS Dreamteam, Sim720, Fly Tampa are all in. Each build of P3D they all improve.

I noticed that v3.2 has improved color and autogen texture/alpha by a significant factor. Performance sliders maxed including DR slider to full is significantly better with the MV 737 making 60+FPS once off the ground.

All in all...very impressive and worth the week or two it will take to bring the sim up to speed. This is one of the easier upgrades I've done in P3D.

For now I'll do my IS work in 2.5 and port it in to 3.2 'till the update comes through.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

ORBX Object Flow has been updated...

Run FTX central or run P3Dv3.2 to install

Thanks ORBX!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks for the info about ObjectFlow. I have updated it through FTXCentral2 as usual, then proceeded to a short test flight over PNW.
    I have Concrete and Darrington, so usually this is where I do most of my short flights. I have noticed two things:

1- Although ObjectFlow has been updated, I didn't really notice any difference in my sceneries. Both Concrete and Darrington are showing people dressed in summer clothes, even though my time was set in winter with real weather (ASN). Isn't ObjectFlow supposed to adapt the scenery elements to the time of the year ? The thing is, this has never been the case ever since I switched to P3D. It was working in FSX, though, but i'm not using that sim anymore.

2- The wind socks seem to work... or at least, they are now stuck in a different position than it used to be in the previous P3D versions

Donīt know if itīs relevant, but there is a new version to the 3.2 version
    I downloaded in the begining the 3.2.2.16659. Now, looking at lm site, there is a new version 3.2.3.16769.

I really donīt know if anything was changed, or if it should be installed. I donīt even know if the addons will fail again with this new release. Anyway, very confusing to say the least.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

The new update to P3D V3.2.3 only addresses some registrations problems with V3.2.2. If your installed version has had no registration issues, no need to update. The update can be installed by installing the CLIENT part of the install. Again, if you had no problems initializing and registering no need to update. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks Tom, i searched for some info exactly as youīre saying to me in LM site and forum, but no avail. Thanks for the clarification!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I tried upgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.2.3. Uninstalled and installed both client and content. However, when I started P3D, I got a message about the version of P3D being incompatible with Flight 1 GTN750, and I got CTD when I tried to load an aircraft with that gauge. Then tried loading Milviz Phantom. This time, the aircraft loaded before I got a CTD. Not sure if this aircraft is compatible, but 2 CTDs in a row was one too many for me. So for me: it's bye-bye 3.2, hello again 3.1.2.

Members who have read this thread: 0