Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Some other problems, quoted from the LM forum:

FS Passengers P3D ( can't connect )

FS Global Real Weather ( can't connect )

ASN ( crash )

...as well as some problems caused by using the "old" p3d.cfg.

I think I'll wait a bit until things settle and 3rd party devs bring out new versions.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Some other problems, quoted from the LM forum:

FS Passengers P3D ( can't connect )

FS Global Real Weather ( can't connect )

ASN ( crash )

I think I'll wait a bit until things settle and 3rd party devs bring out new versions.

Cheers,
    Mark

I can wait as well......
    Rick

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    From the LM Forum:
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewto...=6322&t=117521

Problem with license activation

Rick
    FYI... if you bought P3D v3 outright then this is not a problem. Those getting the 9022 error are those of us paying the monthly subscription.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    FYI... if you bought P3D v3 outright then this is not a problem. Those getting the 9022 error are those of us paying the monthly subscription.

Thanks for the update!
    Rick

Same here... AiCarriers.exe does not work (fails to show its menu) - bummer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    That's a real problem, until TacPack is supported, if ever. I could understand if developers choose to abandoned P3D, because every time they update it a lot of products are needing to be modified in order to run, Milviz, Orbx, ASN and FSUIPC. That's a real PITA.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post

Cheers,
    Mark
    Thats a simple fix by deleting the old cfg and allowing it to rebuild a new one

Thanks a lot for the confirmations for AICarriers.

In the meanwhile, I got some news about this: it appears AICarriers suffers from the same problem as GSX. The popup windows won't appear for both.
    And it seems this bug can be solved by updating the "content" part of P3D. On another forum, a member said the content update solved his problem with AICarrier.
    I won't be able to test until tonight, though.

I have never updated the "content" or "scenery" before fearing that it could break scenery addons. Anyone have experience of updating "content" and what the consequences are?

Complete install went perfectly. The problems I notice are:

ObjectFlow needs update
    Instant Scenery needs update
    Orbx Southern California shows dark patches of scenery missing textures. (verified by unchecking SC in the library)

FSUIPC works perfectly.

That is all I have so far. My other Orbx scenery are still being closely checked out.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Tom, by complete install, do you mean uninstalling and installing all three modules, i.e. client, content and scenery?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Tom, by complete install, do you mean uninstalling and installing all three modules, i.e. client, content and scenery?
    Yep, I got brave and uninstalled using the installer not Control Panel. It requires re-registration but that was not a problem. I have two issue I have posted in the FTX support forum. The first is a large berm near Nellis AFB. I have my own version of Nellis with photo real scenery there. With Orbx Southern California installed the berm (large) is present. With SC unchecked the berm is gone. Can't remove or correct with Orbx Vector.

The second issue is again with Orbx Southern California. The San Diego area has large black areas without textures with SC installed. Again uncheck all the SC areas in the library and the issue is gone.

So far P3D V3.2.2 seems to be a real winner. Now just waiting for the updates to ObjectFlow and Instant Scenery. Still checking out my other Orbx scenery. KRDD seems to be just fine.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Given the install_content.msi file was only 3 MB, I thought the content installation would be easy.
    Unfortunately, in the Windows Control Panel, it says the current content is 6,1 GB.
    So it seems to me uninstalling the content will delete all my planes, effects and gauges. And it also seems to me that little install_content.msi is not enough to reinstall the content, and maybe i should also download the cont1.cab....
    Can anybody confirm ?

Yes, to install the "content" you need the cont1.cab as well. The "client" is only the .msi file, and for the scenery you'll need the 6 scenery.cabs.
    Uninstalling the old client and content won't delete your add-on aircraft, although of course it is possible that some more complex add-ons may need re-install to work properly. I've just done all three parts (client, content & scenery) and everything seems to be where I left it so far!

If all the bug fixes are part of the "Client" installation, what need is there to uninstall and reinstall anything else?

I did "content" because of the reports that AICarriers needed that to work properly, and "scenery" just for the hell of it!

Thanks a lot Dave for the confirmation.
    Indeed Falcon, just like Dave I want to update the content, because it's the only way to solve the problem with the AICarrier windows that doesn't appear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Given the install_content.msi file was only 3 MB, I thought the content installation would be easy.
    Unfortunately, in the Windows Control Panel, it says the current content is 6,1 GB.
    So it seems to me uninstalling the content will delete all my planes, effects and gauges. And it also seems to me that little install_content.msi is not enough to reinstall the content, and maybe i should also download the cont1.cab....
    Can anybody confirm ?

You must also download the content cab file along with the content msi file. I had the same question.

Installing the content files will bring back the GSX and AiCarriers menus and they now work fine.
    Downside is that installing the content will break any Orbx products you might have, in my case I had Orbx SoCal installed. I deactivated it in FTX Central and then reinstalled.
    If you use GSX you'll also have to reinstall it or will probably get a manxdll error and P3D will crash.
    So far all of my add on aircraft and airport sceneries (FSDT) are intact and working perfectly.
    Last edited by Skully; March 9th, 2016 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    It does now Dino! You must install the two P3D content files- see my post above.

Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you personally for all you have done for the FS community through the years. Always have been a big fan of your work!

Thank you Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    You must also download the content cab file along with the content msi file. I had the same question.

Installing the content files will bring back the GSX and AiCarriers menus and the now work fine.
    Downside is that installing the content will break any Orbx products you might have, in my case I had Orbx SoCal installed. I deactivated it in FTX Central and then reinstalled.
    If you use GSX you'll also have to reinstall it or will probably get a manxdll error and P3D will crash.
    So far all of my add on aircraft and airport sceneries (FSDT) are intact and working perfectly.
    I have sucessfully updated the content and after a reboot of the computer, the AICarrier windows finally accepted to appear !

Concerning your remark about this update breaking any OrbX product: are you sure about this ?
    My FTX Central was set to Default prior to updating the P3D Content.
    After the update, I set FTX Central to North America. Currently I have PNW, Concrete, Darrington and of course Bowerman installed. I just made a quick test flight from Darrington to Concrete and I didn't spot any issues. Would you have any hint to spot the broken stuff ?

Another remark, regarding the "content" update:
    All of my planes were installed in the Simobject folder, contrary to the recommendations of Lockheed Martin. Despite this, all my planes are still here after the update. I haven't tested them all yet, though.
    Also, some textures of the sim, that were replaced by addons in the past, have now been replaced by default files.
    For example, my REX4 clouds have been replaced by the P3D default cloud textures. And Bananabob's envmap have been replaced by the default P3D/FSX envmap texture.
    Of course, it was very easy to rectify this (reinstalled Bananabob textures, reapplied REX4 theme).
    But any addon that replaces/overwrites some default sim files (textures or others) might need to be repaired after the content update.

I have sucessfully updated the content and after a reboot of the computer, the AICarrier windows finally accepted to appear !

Concerning your remark about this update breaking any OrbX product: are you sure about this ?
    My FTX Central was set to Default prior to updating the P3D Content.
    After the update, I set FTX Central to North America. Currently I have PNW, Concrete, Darrington and of course Bowerman installed. I just made a quick test flight from Darrington to Concrete and I didn't spot any issues. Would you have any hint to spot the broken stuff ?

For Orbx SoCal I had lost the custom autogen for the coverage area. For just an add on Orbx airport I doubt you would see any change.

I have PNW installed, not just an airport.

I have PNW installed, not just an airport.
    I missed that you had PNW- if it all looks good then you're good to go but I would check the Orbx forums to see if the new P3d update made any changes to the PNW scenery.

Members who have read this thread: 0