Static jet on flight line...how to get rid of?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Static jet on flight line...how to get rid of?

Static jet on flight line...how to get rid of?

I am in the process of reinstalling NAS Whidbey Island scenery. On the flight line, I see a static aircraft, a Russian jet, but not sure why it is there. I think it has something to do with a third party scenery addon program, but not sure. Just want to delete it. Any ideas how to track down? Thanks. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flightline.jpg  

I'd track down where that comes from by disabling suspect sceneries until the jet vanishes. Then I'd try to locate the object bgl, load it in SBuilderX (or ADE) and remove the jet, compile and save it and copy it into the scenery folder, then activate it again and check. Should be gone then.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Hi NC

It'd be quite simple for me to check as I don't have 'scenery cast shadows' selected so.. if a model in the flightline DID cast a shadow, it would point to it being AI (I have aircraft cast shadows selected). IF you have scenery cast shadows selected.. unselect it and make sure you have 'aircraft cast shadows' selected. If the model appears without a shadow.. it's part of the scenery. If it still casts a shadow.. it's AI so part of a traffic file.
    Hope that makes sense
    ATB
    DaveB

Thats a useful tip Dave, never knew about that, there's always something new to learn

PS, are you sure its Russian, looks like a Tomcat to me----

Have you got the AS F-14? It installs several Russian AI aircraft and a scenery as well.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

If it IS AI.. open Traffic Toolbox and it will tell you which traffic.bgl it comes from You can then open the bgl in AIFP and delete it or remove that leg as appropriate.

ATB
    DaveB

Am sure it is AI aircraft (now there are 2 of them!). I do not have Traffic Toolbox installed, and am hesitant to install it because it will assuredly mess up my .dll.xml file and my addon menu will be screwed up again. No, I do not own the AS Tomcat....

So not sure how to track down and delete this traffic.bgl file....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flightline.jpg  

Chief, Do you have any MAIW traffic installed? It might be part of the Top Gun package. I will check mine and see if those paints are part of it and report back.

Joe

edit..

I don't even have the package installed. I would check your traffic files in the scenery/world/scenery folder and look for anything with Miramar NAS in the name. I'm thinking that's where they came from. They are AI as they are casting shadows, and look like they are a MAIW a/c.
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

NC..

If you have the SDK installed, your dll.xml will already have entries for the various SDK components added.. minus the path to the SDK. From memory, all you have to do is add the path to the entry and save. By default.. it leaves the paths clear so (for example) the entry for Traffic Toolbox will look something like this:
    Launch.Addon
    Name>Traffic Toolbox/Name
    Disabled False/Disabled
    ManualLoad False/ManualLoad
    Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll/Path
    /Launch.Addon

I don't know how to add code to a post so your entry will have a few more < and> than this. All you should have to do is change the Path> line. I have the SDK installed on E:\ (my flightsim drive) so my path looks like this: Path>E:\SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll (hoping that this will show as I've added all the code.. some didn't but you should be able to get the idea). If in doubt.. make a backup of your dll.xml in case it all goes wrong so you can put the original back
    ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; March 7th, 2016 at 12:48. Reason: added more text

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I don't know how to add code to a post...
    Pretty easy, surround it with code tags...

Code:
     [cod] insert text here [/cod]
    ...only spell code correctly, I had to misspell it to get it to show up.

cheers,
    Lane

NC..

If you have the SDK installed, your dll.xml will already have entries for the various SDK components added.. minus the path to the SDK. From memory, all you have to do is add the path to the entry and save. By default.. it leaves the paths clear so (for example) the entry for Traffic Toolbox will look something like this:
    Launch.Addon
    Name>Traffic Toolbox/Name
    Disabled False/Disabled
    ManualLoad False/ManualLoad
    Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll/Path
    /Launch.Addon

I don't know how to add code to a post so your entry will have a few more < and> than this. All you should have to do is change the Path> line. I have the SDK installed on E:\ (my flightsim drive) so my path looks like this: Path>E:\SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll (hoping that this will show as I've added all the code.. some didn't but you should be able to get the idea). If in doubt.. make a backup of your dll.xml in case it all goes wrong so you can put the original back
    ATB
    DaveB

Well, I checked my .dll file. TT is listed, but does not show up on Addon list. This sort of thing has plagued me for years. It doesn't take much to keep addons from being listed. Don't know if I will ever understand how to fix this sort of problem! Scenery addons, aircraft, etc.... I get. I understand how to make aircraft.cfg changes. But when it comes to modifying .dll .xml files, I have problems! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Chief, Do you have any MAIW traffic installed? It might be part of the Top Gun package. I will check mine and see if those paints are part of it and report back.

Joe

edit..

I don't even have the package installed. I would check your traffic files in the scenery/world/scenery folder and look for anything with Miramar NAS in the name. I'm thinking that's where they came from. They are AI as they are casting shadows, and look like they are a MAIW a/c.
    I don't think I have MAIW files installed. I was never able to figure out how to convert their packages to work with FSX. I know, I know, there is/are tutorials, but I never could get things to work! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, I checked my .dll file. TT is listed, but does not show up on Addon list. This sort of thing has plagued me for years. It doesn't take much to keep addons from being listed. Don't know if I will ever understand how to fix this sort of problem! Scenery addons, aircraft, etc.... I get. I understand how to make aircraft.cfg changes. But when it comes to modifying .dll .xml files, I have problems! NC
    Hello matey..
    Yep.. the entry will be there but it won't have the path.. you have to add that yourself. Once done, TT will show (not in Addons by the way.. in it's own tab 'TOOLS')
    ATB
    DaveB

Hello matey..
    Yep.. the entry will be there but it won't have the path.. you have to add that yourself. Once done, TT will show (not in Addons by the way.. in it's own tab 'TOOLS')
    ATB
    DaveB

Hmm, I must have the path wrong. Obviously something is incorrect. I don't have a Tools listed on menu bar at all.

I do have Team SDB's NAS Miramar, but not MAIWs package (leastwise I don't think I do!).

Hmm, I must have the path wrong. Obviously something is incorrect. I don't have a Tools listed on menu bar at all.

I do have Team SDB's NAS Miramar, but not MAIWs package (leastwise I don't think I do!).
    Where did you get the Team SDB package? I just checked all the payware sites and none have it.
    Are you sure it's not the Mile High Sims package? If it's the MHS scenery check and see if that has AI.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Nick Black and I created the MAIW TopGun package and none of our Tomcats had simulated Russian paint schemes, so if those are AI Tomcats they are from some other package.

Hope this helps.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    Nick Black and I created the MAIW TopGun package and none of our Tomcats had simulated Russian paint schemes, so if those are AI Tomcats they are from some other package.

Hope this helps.

This is getting interesting! Sort of a mystery. Am sure there's a SOH member with the answer, and another reason why it's such a great group to belong to! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Where did you get the Team SDB package? I just checked all the payware sites and none have it.
    Are you sure it's not the Mile High Sims package? If it's the MHS scenery check and see if that has AI.

Joe
    Oops, I stand corrected! Mile High Sims...NOT Team SDB! Chalk another oops to old age! NC

Make sure you do not have Disabled <manualload>set to True</manualload><disabled></disabled>

cheers,
    Lane

Those aircraft are located here about half way down the page:

http://marksfsrepaints.jimdo.com/ai-paints-usn-usmc/

But I don't know how they got in your sim. Maybe this will help you figure it out.

Cheers,
    Reggie
    270 at 25 DME from KNPA

Bingo, as I have them in my sim, but I also purposely installed my Fallon traffic with MAIW extras. You can just move the NBAI Tomcat models out of your Simobjects folder. I also recommend AIFP3 if you are doing anything with AI, helps keep track of all the traffic.bgls and those converted for use in FSX.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieC View Post
    Those aircraft are located here about half way down the page:

http://marksfsrepaints.jimdo.com/ai-paints-usn-usmc/

But I don't know how they got in your sim. Maybe this will help you figure it out.

Cheers,
    Reggie
    270 at 25 DME from KNPA
    Have no clue either, and how to delete them for that matter!

Have no clue either, and how to delete them for that matter!
    Chief,

In order to have those NBAI F-14's with the Russian textures parked at your NAS Whidbey Island two things had to have happened. First an aircraft folder, probably including NBAI F-14 in its name, and including those Russian textures had to have been added to your Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Simobjects\Airplanes folder and second an FSX AI Traffic File, named something like this, Traffic_XXXX_FSX.bgl, had to have been added to an active FSX scenery folder. The default location for such Traffic files is in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and would be the first place to look. Unfortunately there are probably many other active scenery folders in your Addon Scenery folder that it could be located in.

BTW...It is very possible that an automatic scenery installer that you used added this particular FSX Traffic file and the NBAI F-14 aircraft folder without you realizing it.

The easiest way to find what FSX Traffic files you have installed is to open the Windows Start menu and do a search for Traffic FSX and you should get a list of all the FSX Traffic files you have installed. You can also do a search for NBAI F-14 and that should give you a list of all the NBAI F-14 aircraft folders that you have installed.

Once you find this FSX Traffic file and the NBAI F-14 aircraft folder, either delete them as Victory103 suggested or move them to appropriately named backup folders in case you might want to use them again later. Either way the NBAI F-14's parked at your NAS Whidbey Island will disappear, but all the other AI traffic included in that particular FSX Traffic file will also disappear. ​If that is the case and you still want that other AI traffic flying, just move that FSX Traffic file back where you found it, but leave the NBAI F-14 aircraft folder in its backup folder unless you also want its AI flights to be active again.

I hope this helps.
    Mike M.​

Icon2

Mike,

What if Navy Chief just XXs out the one entry for that particular paint scheme in the NBAI aircraft config file found in the aircraft folder. That would leave all the other AI F-14s and traffic files intact.

Of course he would need to make sure that any entries below that paint scheme were changed so as to be sequential with those above it. I.e. maintain a 0, 1, 2, etc.
    order.

Just a thought.

RD

Thanks all! Time to do some investgatin'...... NC

Members who have read this thread: 0