LDR FSX G73 Grumman Mallard

Thread: LDR FSX G73 Grumman Mallard

LDR FSX G73 Grumman Mallard

After a couple of months in purgatory due to no flight controls, I am starting to catch back up on all the cool releases I missed. One of which is the AWESOME Grumman G-73. I downloaded the aircraft. Did the install, ****, and then checked out the airplane. Gorgeous... payware quality completely. I only have one problem. I cant get the sucker to get over about 50 knots on takeoff run on land or sea. I set trim to 7 deg up as per manual. full power, etc. nuttin. Will run out of runway and never rotate. Ive tried more up trim.. doesnt help. I tried fooling around with the mixture, didnt seem to help.

I went BACK to the manual to see if I missed something and cant find any specific advice on taking her off. Is there a particular method needed? Also the elevator trim doesnt seem very effective to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    After a couple of months in purgatory due to no flight controls, I am starting to catch back up on all the cool releases I missed. One of which is the AWESOME Grumman G-73. I downloaded the aircraft. Did the install, ****, and then checked out the airplane. Gorgeous... payware quality completely. I only have one problem. I cant get the sucker to get over about 50 knots on takeoff run on land or sea. I set trim to 7 deg up as per manual. full power, etc. nuttin. Will run out of runway and never rotate. Ive tried more up trim.. doesnt help. I tried fooling around with the mixture, didnt seem to help.

I went BACK to the manual to see if I missed something and cant find any specific advice on taking her off. Is there a particular method needed? Also the elevator trim doesnt seem very effective to me.
    Check your fuel and ballast tanks, you are probably overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Check your fuel and ballast tanks, you are probably overweight.
    Bingo. Thats what it is. In this LDR version its badly out of whack. I checked and the plane was like 19000 lbs overweight!! In default configuration!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Bingo. Thats what it is. In this LDR version its badly out of whack. I checked and the plane was like 19000 lbs overweight!! In default configuration!
    It's like that to enable it to simulate the weight of the water from a leaky hull. That's why you have the bilge pumps. At least I think that's what I remember from the manual....

Eric check your PMs, I replied to your question there but your bilge tanks should auto-empty on aircraft load but sometimes it appears that the gauge initialization requires an aircraft re-load before it kicks in. It will only need to initialize once and then every subsequent load should work fine.
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 1