The SAAB Viggen released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The SAAB Viggen released!

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Please TACPACK version
    How do you know that's even possible?

LOL, I just contacted JensOle proposing to make one!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Viggen-2.jpg   Viggen-1.jpg   Viggen-3.jpg  

Impressive!!! Very much looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado5834 View Post

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I looking forward to!!!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Tacpack Prototype is available here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cjpg

There is a small glitch that i couldn’t fix; weapons are fired one at a time but they disappear two at once. Tried to fix the MDL with an hex-editor to no avail.

Made two versions for now:

- Attack, with four rocket launchers and two AIM-9
    - Air defense, with four AIM-9 and two AMRAAM

Not much more can be done with current weapons configuration.

These are lightweight standalone variants, aliasing most of the stuff from the main version, since they require custom Aircraft.cfg and Panel.
    Now They need some serious beta-testing … any volunteers?

Please report to MC5834@hotmail.it

Corrado

Unfortunately, the "gun" mode, and no afterburner

The AA mod is OK!

Thank you so much!

Zsolt
    Last edited by ZsoltB; May 26th, 2016 at 09:42.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Great stuff Corrado!

Some imputs:
    -Only a few of the D updated JA 37 coud carry the AMRAAM, for most of the Jakt Viggens the Skyflash (Sparrow) is a much more realistic BVR weapon.
    -As you probably know, only the JA had a semi permanent cannon in the shape of the 30mm KCA Oerlikon. This cannon is as far as I know the most powerfull cannon ever used in a modern western fighter. It has over 6 times the kinetic energy of a similar ADEN/DEFA 30mm cannon. The heavy shell had a very high muzzle velocity and almost flat tracetory out to 500m. It could be great if it is possible to simulate this special cannon. A very special feature of the JA and the 30 Oerlikan was that it could be used in automatic gun mode with the autopilot taking command of the aircraft. Sources say that it was a highly accurate system

-The AJ37 could be loaded with 2 30mm ADEN pods on the inner wing station. This pod is not modelled in our release.
    -Have you got the M/70 pod working? It had 135mm rockets with a rather high speed and accuracy compared to the American 70mm FFAR system. If it is not possible to custom make the values for the rockets I think the 127 mm zuni rocket is a good substitute.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Beta v3 uploaded

- Fixed missing afterburner
    - Switched to Skyflashes
    - Switched to Zuni rockets
    - Removed cannon on AJ version

Thanks anyone for the feedback and keep it coming!

So obviously there's a little too much reflection for this actual paint...but only a little. I was looking at pictures of it today and there is a slight reflective quality though not much...however this isnt for accuracy just seeing how things are working together. Again great job guys!

In bright sunlight.

In partual cloud cover

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Brilliant paints Zsolt!! And Rick - there indeed was very little shine to Blue Peter; the paint was a water-based temporary job. So much so they dare not fly it in the rain....!!

Dave
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Beta v3 uploaded
    Give us a link, please! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pr945b View Post
    Use the same link as posted earlier.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pr945b View Post
    Things are progressing too fast, LOL
    Beta 4 and 5 are already gone, current version is almost final.
    Same link:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!...B4745D8612A4C3

Does someone have a paint kit for this bird? All I'm really looking for are the new panel lines and rivets the team made for this redux version...I'd like to make a set of blank bumps, but I don't have the time to create them from scratch. If one of you fine gentlemen has would you be willing to share? Thank you!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Great job all! How are the flight dynamics? Does she need any help?

Mal, I'm sure she can need some help! My flight model rework skills are rather limited.. Sorry for the late answer.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

FYI, bit of a different more developed model source to go by, the DCS Viggen is spectacular. The flight dynamics on it (and according to actual proper sources) it's a fairly easy to handle aircraft. From my observations the biggest limitation is the Angle of Attack due to intake airflow disruption which cause compressor stalls on the engine. Other than that, it's a total joy to fly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUp8lMJA8iM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad this thread was necro'd because I missed this when it first came out. Thanks, Henk and everyone else!

I have this up in P3D v4.2 and all is well, except... Has anyone replaced the F/A-18 HUD, which doesn't work in P3D v4? Not knowledgeable about panel.cfg editing, so not sure how to bring in a different HUD from another plane. (I was thinking maybe Dino's F-14?)

DennyA, here is a P3Dv4 update which includes a new HUD and XMLTools loadout manager. The morons at Rikoooo "borrowed" our files, repackaged them and put it on their download site without asking permission so I am not going to release an official update package on AVSIM. The P3Dv4 update requires XMLTools (freeware, Google for it if you do not have it yet). I also do not have time to explain in detail how to install the P3Dv4 update so I would say stay away from it if you do not have some understanding of the P3Dv4 file structure etc.

Henk.

One of my favorite aircraft, good work

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saab1.jpg   saab2.jpg   saab3.jpg   saab4.jpg  

Thanks for the files, Henk! I know my way around file structure, so looking forward to seeing the update.

I avoid downloading from Rikooo because I know they update packages without permission, plus I don't trust EXE installers. So awesome that your file just has the needed stuff.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    DennyA, here is a P3Dv4 update which includes a new HUD and XMLTools loadout manager. The morons at Rikoooo "borrowed" our files, repackaged them and put it on their download site without asking permission so I am not going to release an official update package on AVSIM. The P3Dv4 update requires XMLTools (freeware, Google for it if you do not have it yet). I also do not have time to explain in detail how to install the P3Dv4 update so I would say stay away from it if you do not have some understanding of the P3Dv4 file structure etc.

Henk.
    Hi,
    Henk is this download the complete aircraft or just the update, and if it's not the complete aircraft would you mind showing me where I can fined the package?

Thanks,
    Ian

Members who have read this thread: 1