The SAAB Viggen released!

Thread: The SAAB Viggen released!

Hybrid View

The SAAB Viggen released!

Hi,

Henk recently made a FSX native conversion of the old Alphasim SAAB Viggen pack and that of course made me interested in completely remaking the textures (as the original looked rather dated). The Viggen really looks like a purpose build fighter and it was actually designed exactly into the Swedish defence plan of the mid cold war era as "the system 37".

All new HD textures with correct panel lines rivets, details, decals and stencils. The model has quite a few mapping issues, but I think it looks rather smart in the splinter camo after all.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Jakt Viggen from F13 in the early air superiority grey scheme.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Nice! I'll be watching out for the release of these textures.

I have always liked the Viggen, ever since I saw it at RAF Waddington's air show in the 90's where it did its landing, turn around mid runway and take off in the opposite direction.

Thanks Henk for doing this conversion to FSX native. Having a lot of fun with it. It's great to have the Alphasim Viggen back in FSX skies. Thank you too Jen for taking this further. Cant wait to see what version 2 looks like with those HD textures... they look superb.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0