Macchi C.202 skins / updates posted Parts 1 and 2!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Macchi C.202 skins / updates posted Parts 1 and 2!

Icon22 Macchi C.202 skins / updates posted Parts 1 and 2!

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Macchi C.202 skins / updates posted part 1

This started out as a simple repaint of the CFS2 conversion of Corrado la Posta's Macchi C.202 at Skylane's request but once I got going - well you see here.

Seven new camouflage schemes, new accurate flight files and dp, and guns aimed to HUD gunsight. Posted as complete with aircraft packages.

The only 2 drawbacks to this plane are that it is modeled without the engine air intake sand filter the tail wheel which sits backward on the ground. Maybe Allen or Shessi or an other modeling guru could fix them, but both are beyond my skills.

Posted 7 this morning. 4 shown here.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Captain Kurt, really outstanding job.

Perfect skins

Best regards

Macchi C.202 Folgore, 85 Squadriglia, 18 Gruppo

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Italian

Description: This is a further development of the CFS2 conversion of Corrado la Posta's Macchi C.202 Folgore.

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of MM.9036 flown by Maresciallo Luigi Gorrini (19 victories), 85 Squadrigli, 18 Gruppo, 3 Stormo C.T., Tunesia June 1943. The smoke ring style camouflage is typical for Aermacchi built machines and is perhaps the kind most commonly associated with the Folgore.

New accurate flight files:
    Corrects aircraft performance and flight characteristics in CFS2

New contact points:
    Corrects aircraft wheels contact with the ground while parked. The tailwheel is still canted at an odd position while parked, but this is in the model programming and beyond my ability to correct.

Panel eye viewpoint:
    The model uses Morton's C.202 panel but needed to have the viewpoint adjusted so that the guns are aimed where the game gunsight indicates when used in the toggle HUD view.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 Folgore, 85 Squadriglia, 18 Gruppo
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Macchi C.202 Folgore, 91 a Squadriglia, 10th Gruppo

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Italian

Description: This is a further development of the CFS2 conversion of Corrado la Posta's Macchi C.202 Folgore.

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of 91 a Squadriglia, 10th Gruppo, 4th Stormo C. T. in Libya, May 1942. The aircraft wears the typical blotched camouflage scheme of a Breda manufactured machine.

New contact points:
    Corrects aircraft wheels contact with the ground while parked. The tailwheel is still canted at an odd position while parked, but this is in the model programming and beyond my ability to correct.

Panel eye viewpoint:
    The model uses Morton's C.202 panel but needed to have the viewpoint adjusted so that the guns are aimed where the game gunsight indicates when used in the toggle HUD view.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 Folgore, 91 a Squadriglia, 10th Gruppo

Macchi C.202 Commanding Officer of 153 Gruppo Autonomo

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of MM.9083 flown by Maggiore (major) Andrea Favini, the Commanding Officer of 153 Gruppo Autonomo C.T. based in Sicily, 1942. The smoke ring style camouflage is perhaps the kind most commonly associated with the Folgore. The aircraft carried a unique code in Roman numerals for 153 indicating the Gruppo rather than the usual Squadriglia number. To further identify the aircraft of the commander, a blue stripe was painted around the fuselage band and the Commander's penant was carried on both sides of the fuselage. The unit always displayed its badge representing the ace of clubs playing card that originated during the Spanish Civil War period. The majority of the unit's aircraft also had a small white rectangle painted at the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer, but its purpose is unknown.

New contact points:

Panel eye viewpoint:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 Commanding Officer of 153 Gruppo Autonomo

Macchi C.202 363 a Squadriglia, 150 Gruppo Autonomo

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of 363 a Squadriglia, 150 Gruppo Autonomo C.T. based at Bengazi, Libya, 1942. The blotches are typical Breda built aircraft style camouflage.

New contact points:

Panel eye viewpoint:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 363 a Squadriglia, 150 Gruppo Autonomo

Macchi C.202 Folgore, n.6, 374 a Squadriglia, 153 Gruppo

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of 374 a Squadriglia, 153 Gruppo Autonomo C.T. based at Sciacca, 1942. The smoke ring style camouflage is perhaps the kind most commonly associated with the Folgore. This plane had a blue band painted on the rear of the spinner which was probably the pilot's unique marking. I believe the small RAF roundel on the white fuselage band represents a patch over a bullet hole received from an RAF opponent. The unit always displayed its badge representing the ace of clubs playing card that originated during the Spanish Civil War period. The majority of the unit's aircraft also had a small white rectangle painted at the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer, but its purpose is unknown.

New contact points:

Panel eye viewpoint:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 Folgore, n.6, 374 a Squadriglia, 153 Gruppo

Macchi C.202 Folgore, n.9, 374 a Squadriglia, 153 Gruppo

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of 374 a Squadriglia, 153 Gruppo Autonomo C.T. based at Sciacca, September 1942. The botches are typical Breda style camouflage but the cowling is evidently a replacement from another aircraft that used the smoke ring style camouflage. The unit always displayed its badge representing the ace of clubs playing card that originated during the Spanish Civil War period. The majority of the unit's aircraft also had a small white rectangle painted at the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer, but its purpose is unknown.

New contact points:

Panel eye viewpoint:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 Folgore, n.9, 374 a Squadriglia, 153 Gruppo

Macchi C.202 Folgore, 378 a Squadriglia, 155 Gruppo

New aircraft skin:
    A C.202 of 378 a Squadriglia, 155 Gruppo, 51 Stormo, C. T. flown by Serg. Falliero Galli, Sicily, 1942. The aircraft wears a continental camouflage scheme rather than a desert scheme.

New contact points:

Panel eye viewpoint:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Macchi C.202 Folgore, 378 a Squadriglia, 155 Gruppo

Reply...

Kurt,

Truly works of art, and your attention to detail never ceases to amaze. You certainly carry with you that proud German engineering tradition.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries
    OUTSTANDING WORK
    Thank you Captain Kurt
    Beepee

Thank you Captain Kurt. Fantastic work!

msfossey

Suppurb!

Well done CK. Just checked out in the 85-2. A very nice ride. 1000 thanks!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Meravigliosi!!

.....SPLENDID REPAINTS, CAPTAIN KURT!

Since you mentioned about the tailwheel backward position of this model sitting on the ground, may I suggest taking in consideration the M.C.202 built by Italian Wings for CFS3, converted to FS9 by MVG3d and converted to CFS2 by Peperez?

For some reason I can't find it here at SOH anymore, I swear I downloaded Pepe's conversion here!

I remember this Corrado La Posta's M.C.202 for FS9 conversion effort gave the fits to a bunch of conversion gurus around here, due to its peculiar tailwheel behaviour. With its first conversions the tailwheel was ok on the ground and turned backward in flight. It was then decided to have it looking right in flight, since that's the place where an aircraft in CFS2 spends 90% of its time.

The Italian Wings/MVG3d's model I mentioned is simply wonderful, highly detailed and comes in variants. It would be well worth it turning it into a multires version for CFS2.

Let's not be said this is a shameless hint for Shessi, Allen and the rest of the talented ground crews we have here at SOH!....;-)

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Hi Kelti

The Italian Wings/MVG3d's Veltro conversion to CFS2 is here but not the Folgore.

If someone can convert and add LODs to it (with permission of course) I'd be happy to paint it, although The FS2004 version already has a big selection of very nice skins. It looks like a great model and it would be a treat to have a truly compatible version for CFS2.

Thanks all for the compliments
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Capt',
    These are truly outstanding. Excellent work.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi Kelti

The Italian Wings/MVG3d's Veltro conversion to CFS2 is here but not the Folgore.

If someone can convert and add LODs to it (with permission of course) I'd be happy to paint it, although The FS2004 version already has a big selection of very nice skins. It looks like a great model and it would be a treat to have a truly compatible version for CFS2.

Second that idea!

Wow, even more repaints! Thank you, Kurt, they are superb!

I have modified some more of my missions to use the new Macchis. The new planes are very nice to fly.
    I tried them against the Lightning, P-40, Spitfire V and VIII, and the B-25. The performance looks very realistic to me, also with the new DP. It is possible to score kills against all the mentioned aircraft, also for the AI wingmen, but it is not so easy anymore.

Rog!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi Kelti

You are welcome, they are well deserved.

OK, I haven't heard from Peperez in a while, the last I heard he was having some difficulties with his pc, therefore I hope he will not mind if I re-upload his Italian Wings/MVG3d conversion effort here.

I will duly credit Pepe for the conversion, just let me repack it. Let's see what happens next......

KH

Icon28 Oh, no..........

... ... I did it again!

I spoke too fast. When I wrote about Peperez's conversion of Italian Wings/MVG3d's M.C.202 Folgore, not being at home to check it since I always login from my office at work, I confused it with another of the numerous conversion jobs Pepe did.

After a thorough search on my pc at home and among my archive backups, I did not find a conversion pack for this model. Captain Kurt and MVG3d are obviously right about the fact they do not have it.

Yet.....

Pepe must have attached two converted *.mdl files to a thread here, because last night I found them on a backup HDD. He probably meant to have them tested by the community and work again on them after getting comments. A common practice for Pepe, I do not remember when I got them, both mdls date back to 2011.

I am attaching them here. I did not have the time to test them and see how this converted Folgore behaves in CFS2, but I gave both models a satin shine finish and reduced their collision bubbles.

The two mdls reflect the lighter armed first Folgore version, armed with only two cowl-mounted 12.7 mm (about .50") Breda-Safat machine guns (Folgore 2W) and the later, heavier interceptor version armed with two additional 7.7 mm (about .30") wing-mounted Breda-Safat machine guns (Folgore 4W).

MVG3d's FS9 2010 full pack can be found here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=205&id=5115

I am planning to try it out this evening, let me know what do you think.

Sorry for screwing up....

KH ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Icon23 A dress and files to fly her....

Hi everybody!

Attached a set of 155th Gruppo textures converted to CFS2 and a Flight Model for Italian Wings/MVG3d's Folgore. For everybody who might want to give it a try.

I found out what the conversion main problem was, control surfaces not animated and permanently fixed in a bizarre attitude.

There's no doubt about the top-notch quality of this model. Anybody willing to step in?

KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVG3d_MC202.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Hi everybody!

Attached a set of 155th Gruppo textures converted to CFS2 and a Flight Model for Italian Wings/MVG3d's Folgore. For everybody who might want to give it a try.

I found out what the conversion main problem was, control surfaces not animated and permanently fixed in a bizarre attitude.

There's no doubt about the top-notch quality of this model. Anybody willing to step in?

KH
    Hi! The main model needs to be repaired in gmax to use it in cfs2 , so u need the source first from Manuelle Villa.

In that case i can help with animations, and converting the visual model.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Members who have read this thread: 1