Eurofighter Typhoon preview - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurofighter Typhoon preview

Noice! It's looking spectacular.

Cheers,

Thanks for the appreciation

@Airtrooper - as for non-US weapons, I am trying to convince VRS to include at least the IRIS-T and the ASRAAM as A-A missiles - but no luck as of today. In the worst case, there will be non-functional, cosmetic only weapons - at the moment, IRIS-T, ASRAAM, Storm Shadow and Meteor are being modeled. Tacpack supported GBU-10, GBU-12, AIM-9L and AIM-120 are already implemented

This is definitely one of the best model nice work and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Airtrooper - as for non-US weapons, I am trying to convince VRS to include at least the IRIS-T and the ASRAAM as A-A missiles - but no luck as of today
    Reading between the lines I think prior experience modelling weapons upon request for different aircraft may have somewhat put them off the idea. I hope my impressions are incorrect though.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

@Airtrooper - well, no... I think the main problem is the accuracy of the data. They are very keen to have the maximum realism for what concerns the weapons performance... and publicly available, reliable data for the IRIS-T and the ASRAAM are scarce (let alone other weapons like the Meteor, the Storm Shadow or the Brimstone). If you rely on advertising material -then you may end with overly-optimistic performance and break the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Airtrooper - well, no... I think the main problem is the accuracy of the data. They are very keen to have the maximum realism for what concerns the weapons performance... and publicly available, reliable data for the IRIS-T and the ASRAAM are scarce (let alone other weapons like the Meteor, the Storm Shadow or the Brimstone). If you rely on advertising material -then you may end with overly-optimistic performance and break the game.
    Agreed, but I think the user's understanding of a weapon's performance (based on overly-optimistic available material) hasn't always matched that of the reliable material used by VRS in TacPack (correctly IMO). Some users don't understand the difference and provide less-than-positive feedback, which is a real shame. I think it is this that may have blunted VRS's enthusiasm. I think VRS and yourself are going about things the best way though.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0