ALPHA Avro Vulcan B2 FSX\P3D native.zip

Thread: ALPHA Avro Vulcan B2 FSX\P3D native.zip

ALPHA Avro Vulcan B2 FSX\P3D native.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Jets

Description: This needs major panel upgrades.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Avro Vulcan B2 FSX\P3D native.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Awesome Work

It's a fantastic model. I hope you don't mind, I've had a little repaint and made some engine sounds to enhance it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vulcan1_2.jpg   vulcan1_1.jpg  

Wonderful Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Jets

Description: This needs major panel upgrades.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ALPHA Avro Vulcan B2 FSX\P3D native.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Thank you for giving us an fsx native model for this wonderful aircraft. The external model is rock solid, bomb doors assigned to the tailhook animation.
    Setting my expectations for the panel from the download description I inspected the files, confirmed the native interior model, and examined the panel.cfg. Bare bones but ready to go!
    Except... (for me) the vc is not visable unless panned 90° left or right, or if I move the eyepoint rearwards to behind the cockpit bulkhead. Does anyone else have this problem? I have cleaned up the panel cfg and checked texture formats. I have not experienced this situation in other aircraft/cockpits. What I can see of the vc is gorgeous with great resolution and I would love to get it working so I can layout some fsx gauges. Anyone have any ideas?

Virtual Cockpit

Edit: This is the sequence I am am trying to describe
    1. I load a saved flight.
    2. I select Vulcan B.2 XM600, 617 Sqn., RAF Scampton c. 1965.

Every thing is great! Beautiful external model, Great VC (of course no gauges.)
    Then:

3. I release the brakes and taxi maybe 20 feet and the VC disappears... unless I
    pan left or right past 90 degrees (or move the eyepoint back behind the rear
    cockpit bulkhead.) The only way to restore the VC in forward view is to again
    load a saved flight and reselect the Vulcan.

But if I do #3 again...

I really love this model. I'm afraid my limited atemps to solve this problem
    from the panel.cfg and texture direction are futile. For now, I will be happy
    to fly from the 2d cockpit.

This is a great piece of work and I thank you.

Regards

Alphasim Avro Vulcan

it's a beautiful plane but, unfortunately, the VC gauges appear to be present but are not displayed. Being that the model has been converted to native FSX, I incorporated the Alpha Victor
    VC and 2D panel into it, which is not perfect but somewhat matches the Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by matmilne View Post
    It's a fantastic model. I hope you don't mind, I've had a little repaint and made some engine sounds to enhance it.

looks sweet been so busy i didnt know anyone posted here :-)
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Avionics

In P3Dv4.5 I can load the aircraft, but I can not set radios, use GPS, and AutoPilot gauges. Seems due to the fact that Avionics master switch does not respond. Pity, because the Vulcan is a great model.... Tried different Air files, but also no luck with that. Anyone has got a fix for my issue? Many thanks in advance. Update: Radio problems seem to be solved via aircraft.cfg with: [Radios] Audio.1=1 Com.1=1,0 Com.2=0,0 Nav.1=1,0,1 Nav.2=0,0,0 Adf.1=1,0 Transponder.1=1 Marker.1=1 Now struggling to get AutoPilot working which so far only holds Speed and Altitude, but no NAV or Heading...
    Last edited by Flanker-256F; November 14th, 2021 at 20:24.

RE: Avionics

Forgot to mention in my previous thread reply: Thank you so much Cirrus N210MS for converting the Vulcan!
    I think I got the bird flying alright with working Auto Pilot, after rewiring the Avionics systems to another bus plus some addition to
    other keys in the aircraft.cfg I'm really happy with the Vulcan including the VC which I did populate with many gauges by Philippe Wallaert....
    Tried in vain to attach a picture of the VC so far (still working on some gauges) for anyone who might be interested.
    If anyone is interested I might share the Panel.cfg and the aircraft.cfg
    Thank you gain Cirrus N210MS.

Members who have read this thread: 1