Got to love PCars Visuals.

Thread: Got to love PCars Visuals.

Got to love PCars Visuals.

Especially when the lighting works out well.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

That's a real world photograph, pull the other one

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Aston Martin GT12:

Full lock drift in the KTM X-bow R:

Bonkers Radical RXC Turbo at Oschersleben:

Corvette at the Glen with some extra ' battle marks':

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

This month's freebee, the AMG GT GT3:

how does one get this freebee?..

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    how does one get this freebee?..
    Allow Steam to update the game, which it should do by default.

Where to get an older version of this type Race Sim.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Allow Steam to update the game, which it should do by default.
    Howdy Ferry_vO.
    .....Only game I have on my PC is FSX but have interest in 'old-cars'(attached pics)..love to 'scratch-build' them. Don't know why never thought of a PC Race Game. Have made a quick check but found nothing so far. Could you possibly point me in the right direction if anything is available that has a 1920-1950's race car theme..?.?Sure would appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Walt
    Fly High..Punch Holes in the Sky.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Walts' Cars Mar24 021.jpg   Walts' Cars Mar12 019.jpg  

nice models..did you build those?..and a thought on the car sim..one of these,either Pcars or asseto corsa allows third party builds..( i think,i think..im prolly wrong..lol) maybe one of the truck sims
    too bad someone like dovetail games wouldnt make a true driving sim,something with a narrow mountain road system,,some major highways like interstate 5,I-80 over donner..highway 1 down the california coast....ect...ofcourse im in cali so id want it all here..lol.

Now you've done it..!

nice models..did you build those?..and a thought on the car sim..one of these,either Pcars or asseto corsa allows third party builds..( i think,i think..im prolly wrong..lol) maybe one of the truck sims
    too bad someone like dovetail games wouldnt make a true driving sim,something with a narrow mountain road system,,some major highways like interstate 5,I-80 over donner..highway 1 down the california coast....ect...ofcourse im in cali so id want it all here..lol.
    Hey Daveroo..
    Now you've done it.! Followed your suggestion and found the Asseto-Corsa site and a quick look-see says it may be just what the Doc ordered. Like Flight-Sim there are skins-galore so will spend some time looking into the details of the how and wherefore of the game, as I did find several cars from the early years. Have a feeling this may start to get interesting and also maybe a tad costly.. (Just got a cuff on the back of the head from the Missus.. ha!)

As for the models..I scratch-built from wood, metal bits and pods from old clocks ,radios, typewriters, cameras etc (yard sale stuff) Far too much effort to build wire-wheels so use ones from cheap Burago
    car kits. Helps keep the grey-matter active in my retirement..!

Thanks for the heads up.

Walt
    Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.png   06.png  

Assetto Corsa might be the way to go, as it allows third-party mods and has a large community. Project Cars has limited modding possibilities (Although apparently not impossible.).
    Good old rFactor 1 had some mods with classic cars, don't know about rFactor 2 as I don't have that sim.
    Where did you find the classic Ferrari and Jaguar?

And very nice models you've made btw!

Ferry_vo...Nice CarSim database !

Ferry_vO.....

.found this nice site pertaining to ASSETTO-CORSA....... http://assetto-db.com/ ...! Very easy database to navigate, able to search via car name, auto-manufacturer, skins etc. Searched under 'Brand' name and found the Jag-MG-Masi and Austin-Healey. Only did short scan through the site last night but later this week will get down to some serious searching for additional vintage type cars (20's-50's era). Also must see what is required to model a third-party add-ons ...same for possible repaints. Hopefully you will find something of interest on this site as well.

Appreciate your input and comments

Walt

Walt?...how about you starting a new thread on this forum and post your findings and work progress......the idea of the older cars is awesome to me....thanks

Possible but first..!

Walt?...how about you starting a new thread on this forum and post your findings and work progress......the idea of the older cars is awesome to me....thanks

Daveroo!.. that's a possibility ....

so will keep that thought in mind but must first learn to walk before I can run with this Car Racing Game...! Have to get my hands
    on the Asseto-Corsa DVD and try it. Flt-Sim is the only gaming program ever had on my computer so who knows, I may not even like or be able to keep up with something different...ha! Will contact you when I see how the learning-curve pans out over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement
    Walt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the_wee_small_hours.jpg  

Walt, Assetto Corsa is only available through Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

Had a look at the site you linked; I see it lists all the default cars as well, and some mods that may or may not work. AC is still in development and some mods may not work with the current version. Guess the only way to find out is to download and give it a try. At least installing cars is as easy as installing planes in FsX.

Members who have read this thread: 0