100 plane limitiation

Thread: 100 plane limitiation

100 plane limitiation

We're all pretty familiar with the 100 plane limit Bug A Boo in CFS2 where if you have over 100 planes installed you get an error message. Well I've got kind of a strange problem like this, only with me if I have 65 or more planes installed I get "Generation of Quick Combat Mission Failed" error message if I try Quick Combat or Free Flight. Remove one plane or more to where I'm under 65 and I'm fine. I tried the CFS Overload Patch but it didn't fix the problem. Anybody know what might be causing this? Sure like to get closer to 100 planes and not have to settle on just 65.

Thanks.

Well from what I know this is not a hard cap I'm sure I have goten over the 100 cap but only by 1 or 2. Also any aircraft that use multi [fltsim.#] will count as an aircraft for each [fltsim.#].
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Well from what I know this is not a hard cap I'm sure I have goten over the 100 cap but only by 1 or 2. Also any aircraft that use multi [fltsim.#] will count as an aircraft for each [fltsim.#].
    Thanks Allen. I only have one install of CFS2 and did some experimenting. I had quite a few more ships than I did Aircraft so I removed several ships that I don't use that much and put them in my "Extra Ships" folder and PRESTO!!! The problem went away!! So the number of ships you have must be tied in to the number of aircraft you have and too many of one or the other will produce the error messages? Just drawing at straws here. I can now put in a maximum of 70 aircraft with no error message in either quick combat of free flight.

I think the sim can only handle approximately ### models. The exact number seems to fluctuate, so it's probably affected by hardware configuration & maybe model complexity too?
    The two folders in the sim that use the mdl structure are aircraft & ships, so you always need to review both.

Just another reason to adopt theatre/campaign specific installs.

An easy way to put your toe in the water is to download one of Ramis auto-install campaigns & follow the instructions....

You can never have too many CFS2 installs!

The number of items in the objects_dp folder also plays a big part. The ship and aircraft counts can become a sensitive issue once you get over 1600 dp's and cdp's. The cdp's are expendable -- keep them to a minimum if you fly a lot in FF and QC.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thank you all for the info.

I think also that unlike the aircraft folder, the ship folder is different. The DP file and the model file should have the exact same name as the ship folder name (be carefull that there maybe added spaces in either names). If the files are not the same name change the names and if the model or dp file name(s) are changed the model.cfg and/or the ship.cfg will need to be edited so the right files are in there also.

Check this out on the ships you removed from the ship folder and see if this apply to them. If so give them another try in the ship folder and see if it they work without errors.

Cheers,
    O

Members who have read this thread: 0