Razbam on hiatus

Thread: Razbam on hiatus

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Razbam on hiatus

As announced on AirDailyX, Razbam will be taking the year off to concentrate on new things. Also announced is most new producers will be for DCS and only small props and turboprops for FSX/P3D.

Hope another serious developer starts their own Embraer 120 project soon.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I have recently been looking at the A-7 Tacpack Edition, it's still in pre-release state, a finished product looks to be far away I guess.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Not to be crude, or air laundry, but I'm not totally surprised. A while back I did a video for them I was never paid, and additionally they became more distant as time went on. At some point my emails went unanswered for weeks at a time, and I saw other members suffering from similar issues for support. It became clear to me that RAZBAM was either losing interest or was having other issues. Either way, they were not participating in the industry as they once had. I was actually a little surprised to see they had made a product for DCS.

I hope the hiatus gives them time to rekindle the fire or allow them to pursue the things they truly enjoy.

That's too bad. I was hoping they might update some of their catalogue to P3D V3. Oh well.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I have recently been looking at the A-7 Tacpack Edition, it's still in pre-release state, a finished product looks to be far away I guess.
    There is nothing more frustrating other than paying for a product more than a year ago ( and if I remember correctly waiting several months before getting the first beta) and still having it as a beta and at the same time seeing the developer dealing with new projects, leaving behind the unfinished ones... Sorry guys, you won't see me complaining very often (and I have almost every add on you can imagine) but I think this is too much...

Andy

Oh boy, that's sad. That SB2C Helldiver they had been working on looked awfully good....

Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The exact statement:
    "Dear followers we are going for a 1 year FSX/P3D Hiatus in order to develop new technologies, mainly directed to flight model implementation and some more.Also, there is a very slim chance we´ll go back to FSX but keep with current times and concentrate in P3D, which allows us a more ample room to play with. Also, all our military aircraft developments will be focused on DCS, while for P3D (and or FSX) will be mainly turbo prop liners or small regional liners. As for the EMB-120, most work on it is fairly done, but it lacks a reliable flight model, in fact all our new technologies efforts are around this bird and it´s flight model, i couldn´t risk to release a beta with a poor flight model, so news about this bird will be known when we have something solid. This also includes the ATR, and E jets. All our products will go into a very interesting discount price in all known distributors as in our own online store for the duration. Thanks for your support, to the FSX/P3D community, we´ll see you again in 1 year or hopefully before! Best regards"
    -Ron Zambrano RAZBAM

And also from their FB page two days ago:

Some bad news depending which side of the fence you´re..

Gents:
    As many of you are aware, i started a Harrier poll at Eagle´s DCS forums trying to decipher what the community was after "harrier wise", not surprisingly the Gr7/GR9 version was the absolute winner.
    BUT, we stumbled into a brick wall, a wall that might put the Gr7/Gr9 at least 2 years behind..and that is weapons systems.
    As you may know, the British version of the Harriers used a set of recce/targeting pods that are not available in the sim, being these the DJRP, Sniper and TIALD (which most if not all of it´s operational manuals are still classified). Not to mention also a pod carrying countermeasures in one of the 3 belly stations. Implementation of these pods could take us longer than expected, and i would really like to get a Harrier beta this year (fingers crossed).
    I just wanted to be honest with you, no BS statements will come from us, this is the current situation and i put it out as it is.
    So..as our 1st Harrier pack, we are going to create the AV-8B Night Attack version, this will allow us enough time to create the other system pods as we can get info on them and implement them in the sim.
    So the road map would be AV-8B Night Attack followed by the GR7/GR9 versions and hopefully the AV-8B Harrier II Plus after at the end.
    Of course..if during AV-8B Night Attack version, a fully viable A/G radar is available for us to play with..it could evolve into an AV-8B Harrier II Plus version..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They talk about their current products being discounted, but they make it hard to give them money for anything. Their registration system (required for purchasing) is down, so you have to email them to request an account be made for you. I sent that email over 3 weeks ago, still no response. Guess they don't want my money.

you can get it cheap at the usual outlets, not just the raz site.

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    They talk about their current products being discounted, but they make it hard to give them money for anything. Their registration system (required for purchasing) is down, so you have to email them to request an account be made for you. I sent that email over 3 weeks ago, still no response. Guess they don't want my money.
    On Flightsim.com, all Razbam products are $15.00

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    I registered and made a purchase this evening. The whole process from adding to my cart to being airborn in FSX took me about ten minutes. Try again!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Sucks to read having spent a few more days in the Tacpack beta A-7 moving mud, it's really close to being complete and actually workable in it's current form. I had hopes on the TP A-6 and AV-8B coming to fruition to complete my carrier deck.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Why am I not surprised?
    They've been going down hill for quite some time.
    Unfortunate as a few of their products have been good after several bug fixes but I guess 'stuff' happens.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Right now, my primary interest is in TACKPACK capable military aircraft that were in service during '60's & '70's.

I bought all of the original Razbam Corsair II's and really enjoyed them and was waiting to buy the TACPACK version once it was finished.

Now it looks like it will not happen any time soon.

To those of you who have purchased the beta TACKPACK Corsair II......is it worth purchasing anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    They've been going down hill for quite some time.
    Unfortunate as a few of their products have been good after several bug fixes but I guess 'stuff' happens.
    Kinda what I was thinking too. It's unfortunate and you would hope that they make a return at some point, but to say they're taking a year off to kinda retool so-to-speak. I wish them the best but a lot can change in a year including realizing opportunities away from Flight Sim development. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Right now, my primary interest is in TACKPACK capable military aircraft that were in service during '60's & '70's.

I bought all of the original Razbam Corsair II's and really enjoyed them and was waiting to buy the TACPACK version once it was finished.

Now it looks like it will not happen any time soon.

To those of you who have purchased the beta TACKPACK Corsair II......is it worth purchasing anyway?

I really enjoy flying it it is one of five aircraft in my hanger that gets any flight time right now, the others being the AS F-14A/B Dino's F-14D, Milviz F-4J/S, and Dino's S-3.
    There are a few problems with the A-7 the biggest (for me anyway) is that it is not signed properly for multiplayer it has the right file but it hasn't been updated to the latest beta, so we have to run our servers with the anti cheat turned off, which usually isn't a problem in our group but it would still be nice if we did not have to turn that off.

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    On Flightsim.com, all Razbam products are $15.00
    Nice, just saw the same at FSS. Pick up a nice devilish San Antonio Sewer Pipe lol. Love the Metro III over the Beech 1900D. Now where in SOH Lib. is that RCAF and Dutch Coastie Paint??

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Nice, just saw the same at FSS. Pick up a nice devilish San Antonio Sewer Pipe lol. Love the Metro III over the Beech 1900D. Now where in SOH Lib. is that RCAF and Dutch Coastie Paint??
    Hi CG_1976,

I think you mean two of my paints. Here you go:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dcats=1&sort=d

Have a nice flight

Christoph

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoph_T View Post
    Hi CG_1976,

I think you mean two of my paints. Here you go:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dcats=1&sort=d

Have a nice flight

Christoph
    Thank you and both paints look wonderfully done and it's rare to see a Dutch CG scheme and the RCAF FIP Scheme. Both very welcomed in my hanger.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0