Anyone Running CFS2 Under Linux?

Thread: Anyone Running CFS2 Under Linux?

Anyone Running CFS2 Under Linux?

Hi;

Like the title says - anyone running CFS2 under Linux? I've been dabbling in the non-Microsoft world, wanted to see if it would be possible to run CFS2 under Linux, would save me having to set up a dual-boot system.

Of course, the next problem would be getting FSDS2 to work under Linux, but one at a time...........

Paul

I'm the cyber-adventurer type too, but CFS2 in Linux ????...this one would be way too far out for me to imagine. Maybe in a Windows virtual machine i can see it working in Linux, but a direct install, i dunno about that...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

A braver man then I. I love linux but it really isn't that great runing programs that still use DOS extensions like CFS2 does.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Naw, not that brave, I'm afraid. Looks like it's a dual boot then......

Paul

Not Linux, but I run CFS2 under XP on my dual boot Mac Pro. CFS2 runs great. I too would like to dump windows altogether - it's just a gaming OS for me. Anything important or irreplaceable happens on the Mac side. But my understanding is that the DOS extensions and DirectX drivers are important for 3-d gaming. That's all I use Windows for.

GR