Aircraft install issues

Thread: Aircraft install issues

Aircraft install issues

Hey guys and gals. I have seen where some people have used Alabeo or Carenado planes in SE. I have the PC-12 and the DA-42, but, I can't install either of them.
    I emailed Carenado and all they could tell me is that my serial was valid. Not why the installer won't install to any directory. Oh, it may matter or it may not, but it is only these two that I know of that corrupt. Other Carenado planes install normally.

I may be overlooking something really simple here. Dunno what, but, if you guys know.....please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    Hey guys and gals. I have seen where some people have used Alabeo or Carenado planes in SE. I have the PC-12 and the DA-42, but, I can't install either of them.
    I emailed Carenado and all they could tell me is that my serial was valid. Not why the installer won't install to any directory. Oh, it may matter or it may not, but it is only these two that I know of that corrupt. Other Carenado planes install normally.

I may be overlooking something really simple here. Dunno what, but, if you guys know.....please let me know. Any help is appreciated.
    Any chance you have FSX boxed set, AND Steam version installed simultaneously? That might cause a problem, or if you uninstalled the box version, and registry traces remain. NC

Well, I finally found a solution. I had googled my problem and not found anything. But, I decided to keep trying and kept going after the first page or three of results. The solution is slow and tedious, but, it worked. You have to figure out what folder the installer is trying to use as the Root folder. Then you have to create the folders that the installer is trying to install into AS it is going. For instance, if you installer says it can't open c:/effects, you go and add an effects folder to C:/. Not into the FSX folder. And I have 4 hard drives, so I assumed it would want my C drive. I was wrong. Took a minute to figure all that out. Real PITA.

As for the boxed and Steam installs, I had a boxed install and uninstalled it, and cleaned the registry before installing Steam.
    Did the same thing on my buddies computer and he had no issues installing at all. Just me. Who knows?

Thanks for the reply though NC.

Members who have read this thread: 0