Milviz F-100D is out - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Getting closer. I will do custom Speculars for this one as well... Love this scheme. Tuff to paint with a 7 month old crawling around....will need more time then Jankees or Zsolt! But I'll get there!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Getting closer. I will do custom Speculars for this one as well... Love this scheme. Tuff to paint with a 7 month old crawling around....will need more time then Jankees or Zsolt! But I'll get there!

One word. WOW....... I did not see that coming

How's this?

Now, do I, or don't I put a black radar patch on it?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Looking good Jankees. About the radome, I believe it should be there. It seems to exist in the museum piece.

Another comment I also made to Rick when he was doing the T-Birds, which had him do a lot of additional work. The painted areas, especially the white, show metallic shine. Being painted on top, it should not be so. I believe additional work must be done on the specular or alpha to make the painted areas shiny but not metallic. Rick will be able to help more on this.

I was going to suggest the Skyblazers scheme but they never flew the D model, just the C. It will still make a nice "what if" paint.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Jankees

Yes the gun Radome should be present on all aircraft so far as I know. The only one I know for sure that did not have the black radome present is the Thunderbirds scheme. Possibly the Skyblazers, but im not 100% sure.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hi,

We will be, with luck, getting the forums back online today. We're sorry about this but the crash took out the most recent backup(s) as well so the last we have is from January. Our apologies.

As well, Colin has asked that the F-100D refuel probe be a toggled item in the MVAMS and that will happen on SP which will be in the next week or less with luck.

Thank you.

Kat.

Thanks Kat, good to see the refuel probe will be a toggled item in the MVAMS

a bit more progress:

now with radome, and I have been toying with the specs as well on the fuselage, to remove the metallic shine on the paint.

Better? Now for the stripes on the spike, do I, or don't I?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I cant tell from the image you posted if they actually had multicolored stripes or not. It kind of looks like there may have been a single solid white stripe mid way...but thats hard to tell. Even if you did it, many had stripes for visibility since it was so long. It wouldnt be out of place, thats for sure.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hi,

We have taken the forums offline until we can get them fixed. Some people were able to mess around with permissions and that is not cool. We hope to have them back up today but it's more likely that it will be tmrw.

Thank you.

Kat.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Seems like a very good job to me, Jankees. I think some 32TFS F-100's had stripes on the pitot, but I have no photographs to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I was going to suggest the Skyblazers scheme but they never flew the D model, just the C. It will still make a nice "what if" paint.
    I totally agree, Skyblazers would be a great theme, especially for the european crowd ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by findus View Post
    I totally agree, Skyblazers would be a great theme, especially for the european crowd ;-)
    If someone wants to tackle this one that would be great! I will, if there are no takers. Would be nice if one of masters would do it though Jankees, ********, john terrell, hank, daveQ, im looking your way....there are others ive forgotten im sure! John i know you're rarely in jets....however you should make a spot beside your sabre for this one! Your North American collection cant be complete without it!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Nice little video of the DanishF-100F`s

A video from when planes stil had carisma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAx0KfEqTI

Soeren

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    a bit more progress:

now with radome, and I have been toying with the specs as well on the fuselage, to remove the metallic shine on the paint.

Better? Now for the stripes on the spike, do I, or don't I?
    Looks great Jankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    A video from when planes stil had carisma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAx0KfEqTI

Soeren

Nice. I had never seen that one.
    1982, what an interesting period of time that was to be on the transient ramp.
    The new teen series jets routinely sharing space with the Century series and even Flight System Inc F-86s

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I cant tell from the image you posted if they actually had multicolored stripes or not. It kind of looks like there may have been a single solid white stripe mid way...but thats hard to tell. Even if you did it, many had stripes for visibility since it was so long. It wouldnt be out of place, thats for sure.
    Jankees, better compare with other 32nd TFS F-100C pictures (the ones with the green striped tail)....the red/white/blue tail was only used for an extremely short time, when in fact, the unit was in proces converting to the F-102......

Hank

Hmmm.. notice anything missing? (WIP)

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Amazing repaints y'all.

Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Hmmm.. notice anything missing? (WIP)
    Guess that is the next SP version: No refuel probe

Thank god! Will make the foreign variants more realistic....

GREAT airplane though....loving it.

Kent

I noticed that on all the camouflaged version that came with the package, there is a very clear demarcation between the painted and the non painted part, which is relatively far forward. Also check the paint above by Zsolt.
    However, if I look at pictures of real aircraft, I never see this line as far forward as in the model, like in this pic:

and of course quite a few had everything painted, and the paint burned off, like I tried to do in the French one I uploaded.
    Could it be that the camouflage paint is wrong in this respect in the model, or can anyone show me a pic of a real aircraft with the same amount of bare metal as the paints that came with the model?

Jankees, all camouflaged F-100's were fully painted, EXCEPT the ANG Huns AFTER the SEA conflict. Only then did they left the engine part unpainted, and indeed, like you said, not so much stretched forward.

Hank

Members who have read this thread: 4