Milviz F-100D is out - Page 7
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    I understand that but when you see all these amazing models come out and like the Phantom and Hun and they dont have what I usually use and im sure others use it is frustrating because there is no alternative that can match it.
    The HUN is not the Phantom. You have the ability and can learn how to navigate using tools that have been used for more than 60 years before GPS. It requires a little work, but when you're done you will wonder why on earth you ever relied so heavily on a little top down view of the world. When you learn to use classic navigation you engage the problem solvig part of your brain. Very quickly you will be able to get a clear picture of where you are. Try it! If youre already flying then you have the ability to learn something new! We believe in you! Plus, if your age says anything, you should be able to learn this better and faster than the rest of us! And if you are uncertain we'll be happy to help you overcome something.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Looking for this one. You can see the coat of arms on the upper vertical stab surface:

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I understand that but when you see all these amazing models come out and like the Phantom and Hun and they don't have what I usually use and i'm sure others use it is frustrating because there is no alternative that can match it.
    Also no offense intended here, but why is the lack of a GPS or Autopilot reason for concern? There are pop-ups that can be added with very little effort. Can you imagine the F-100 panel as it appears now with a Garmin 500 smack in the middle? The days of having a standard GPS and Autopilot in every airplane are long gone and to expect that an aircraft that has been a WIP for as long as the Super Saber has would be released with what would have been viewed by the vast majority of people waiting for it as "cheesy". . . .well. . .no, sorry.

If you expect to have those things in future releases, purchase FSPanel Studio and learn how to make panel modifications yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    WIP. 95% done. Just need that crown logo and unit number. And a couple of other small items.
    What an awesome paint Maybe this helps - Esk 727 F-100's did have blue patches on the tail, above the rudder:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDAF_F100F_727.jpg  

Thank you! However this particular paint, is taken from a color photo which is conveniently now not available anymore on Flickr. However the colors are correct as shown. If it helps narrow it down, the coat of arms color is Gold and Red in the photo, with the belt underneath in Gold. in fact, the photo still shows it operating with the USAF FW-221 unit number on the side.

Found it again...

Last edited by Mach3DS; February 18th, 2016 at 08:04.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thank you! However this particular paint, is taken from a color photo which is conveniently now not available anymore on Flickr. However the colors are correct as shown. If it helps narrow it down, the coat of arms color is Gold and Red in the photo, with the belt underneath in Gold. in fact, the photo still shows it operating with the USAF FW-221 unit number on the side.

Found it again...

Great pics!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Found it again...

Been searching a lot, but I can not seem to find other than this sqn badge. http://www.727fs.dk/files/stacks_image_9.jpg

But it looks like it differs quite a lot from aircraft to aircraft, and also over time for each individual aircraft.

Some had none at all, some had the badge on both sides, and others only on the left side.

They were called "the hammerthrowers" ( Thor`s hammer ), and I think the hammer in the badge, was silver, or silver/grey.

( if I haven`t misunderstood your request )

Soeren

THANK YOU JEN!!!! that unlocked it for me! I had no idea what i was looking at until you said it wad a hammer! Its silver wings and a hammer in the center on a red backdrop Thank you! Seriously, I can't believe how long I've been searching and combing through pictures and information to find this! Thanks again.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

THANK YOU JEN!!!! that unlocked it for me! I had no idea what i was looking at until you said it wad a hammer! Its silver wings and a hammer in the center on a red backdrop Thank you! Seriously, I can't believe how long I've been searching and combing through pictures and information to find this! Thanks again.
    You are absolutely welcome. I am totally happy, that you are making this version of our early F-100`s. Brings back a lot of memories

I understand that but when you see all these amazing models come out and like the Phantom and Hun and they dont have what I usually use and im sure others use it is frustrating because there is no alternative that can match it.
    Tom, there is absolutely nothing preventing you from adding a "popup GPS" in your HUN (or any other aircraft).
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Tom, there is absolutely nothing preventing you from adding a "popup GPS" in your HUN (or any other aircraft).
    Please working GPS values
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Please working GPS values
    All you need to do is copy the GPS popup lines from the stock Cessna 172 panel.cfg and insert them into the F-100 panel.cfg.

For those who want to add a 2d popup GPS window, open up the panel cfg and add these lines in the proper order:
    Window01=GPS
    then:
    [Window01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,378
    position=8
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    window_size= 0.500
    no_luminous=1

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

It will work fine, I tested it. Yes, there is an Autopilot but like most aircraft of the time, it is a very simple dual channel type with altitude and heading hold. There is a Beam Hold selection but as I've heard from relatives of mine who flew aircraft like the F-86 and F-4, the Beam Hold function was something they rarely to never used for a number of reasons. That being noted, you can climb and descend by hand then level off at the desired altitude and engage the Alt Hold function. It will hold altitude very reliably and when you're on course, simply engage to Heading Hold to hold course. Perform all the course changes by hand and using shallow standard rate bank turns. Bank too steeply and the resulting airspeed & attitude changes will cause dipping and climbing.

For vintage Navigation, using the TACAN with VOR frequencies is easy and generally very precise. To manipulate the VOR frequencies on the TACAN panel, first hit Shift+1 to bring up the transparent window, then placing the mouse cursor over the TACAN dial, simply right and left click the different sections of the dial to adjust frequencies(which will be reflected in the popup window). You can then (or prior to setting VOR frequencies) set the heading on your Course Indicator for precise course vectoring. The way I plot a flight plan for the Hun (and similar vintage models), I usually print off a map section or use a sectional and pre-write all the VOR and ILS frequencies on a piece of paper as well as the headings for each part of the course and desired altitudes. I set up the TACAN & course and then takeoff, flying everything by hand until I'm established on course and altitude (then engaging to AP). For changing to the next leg of the course, I first go ahead and set the next course heading and then plot my turn points to be on the inside of the course/turn before reaching the VOR (not overflying it) to prevent chasing the needle back & forth and to prevent having any altitude or attitude deviations or upset. The needle swing and re-establishing on the next course leg is very easy. With this model, it takes a good bit of practice but it will sharpen your skills considerably. I did also shoot a couple dozen ILS approaches (of course, all by hand). The needles and indications were very precise and deviations were easy to avoid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still have a long way to go in reworking the paint kit to get it the way I want, but I think I've about got the scorched painted metal on the diffuse texture the way I want it. Now for new camo pattern with soft demarcs, new diffuse alphas, speculars, and spec alphas, among other things.

Stay tuned for more WIP later... Lots of green and brown Huns out there somewhere!

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Released! Rdaf eskadrille 727 fw-221

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

You guys are making it harder and harder for me not to get the F-100.

Thx a lot! Awesome as always ;-) The Skyblazers will certainly look great,too ;-)

Icon14

What a beautiful repaint! Thanks a lot Rick

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    What a beautiful repaint! Thanks a lot Rick

Greetings
    Tim
    +1 !

Great full for the talented virtual metal smiths working on this bird!

Edit: I really do know that "grateful" is the correct way to express the feeling, NOT GREAT FULL! However, I was overruled by this machine's auto correct, which is very assertive, and many times ignores my attempts to do the right thing! %¥€!?&@$!!!!!
    Last edited by Duckie; February 19th, 2016 at 06:13.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    +1 !

Great full for the talented virtual metal smiths working on this bird!
    Looking forward to some VN era green.

The HUN is not the Phantom. You have the ability and can learn how to navigate using tools that have been used for more than 60 years before GPS. It requires a little work, but when you're done you will wonder why on earth you ever relied so heavily on a little top down view of the world. When you learn to use classic navigation you engage the problem solvig part of your brain. Very quickly you will be able to get a clear picture of where you are. Try it! If youre already flying then you have the ability to learn something new! We believe in you! Plus, if your age says anything, you should be able to learn this better and faster than the rest of us! And if you are uncertain we'll be happy to help you overcome something.
    Thank you rick.

A little bit of "Nashville Sound" Over Eglin AFB.

The texture represents the 90th TFS at Bien Hoa between 2/6/66 to 10/31/70.

Russ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NS_2.jpg   NS_1.jpg  
    Last edited by rsgunner; February 19th, 2016 at 12:03.
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Members who have read this thread: 4