FSX pop up window

Thread: FSX pop up window

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries

FSX pop up window

Guys, I haven't posted in a while. Real life has been hard lately. I cranked my computer up tonight and thought I might fly for a few. Last time it worked.... Thanks Windows 10. FSX won't start now. A window tells me that my graphics card is not compatible. It says I need a g force 3/Radeon 8500 or better to run. Funny as hell to me because until I updated to 10 I never had a problem. Thanks MS... Has anyone else run into this, and how do I fix it? I can't even get online on my laptop now. I'm getting ready to pull my files off if it and throw it in the backyard. Uuuugggghhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Guys, I haven't posted in a while. Real life has been hard lately. I cranked my computer up tonight and thought I might fly for a few. Last time it worked.... Thanks Windows 10. FSX won't start now. A window tells me that my graphics card is not compatible. It says I need a g force 3/Radeon 8500 or better to run. Funny as hell to me because until I updated to 10 I never had a problem. Thanks MS... Has anyone else run into this, and how do I fix it? I can't even get online on my laptop now. I'm getting ready to pull my files off if it and throw it in the backyard. Uuuugggghhhh!
    Welcome back, Quicksand. I hope whatever problems you had are behind you now.

As for Windows 10 causing you difficulties, I am not surprised. Initially I was impressed with Win 10, but shortly thereafter I began experiencing glitches as well, and finally reached the point where I totally removed it.

If you reach that stage, do a search for the freeware removal download. It works perfectly. No more Win 10. I think, however, it only works if you originally had Win 7 or 8. But if so, it will restore your system. NC

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your reply NC. If I had known the heart ache win 10 was going to cause, I never would have upgraded. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone last night with a MS rep before I got it sorted out, and had to eat some crow afterward. I've been running Bitdefender antivirus the last few years, and upgraded to what was supposed to be a win 10 compatable version. Unfortunately it is not. It was blocking some elements of windows which really screwed things up. I disabled Bitdefender and everything worked fine. I removed it and installed MS Trend. Now everything works again, and at a much faster speed than before. I can't blame win 10 for that problem. I can however blame myself for changing everything and not having time to sort out the problems. Now maybe I can actually spend some time in the cockpit. I haven't been able to do that for two months. You guys better have the crash crew ready. I'm going to be a little rusty I'm sure.

Kaspersky is good with Win10.

Dave

SOH-CM-2023
    AVG paid version also OK on my W10 laptop.
    Keith

I am running AVAST. And, I guess, Bitdefender? Maybe in future, I will try Win 10 again, but not ready right now! NC

Members +
    Avast working well for me on W10.

Members who have read this thread: 0