Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack

Thread: Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack

Hybrid View

Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack

New incoming project with usual MDL tweaks to ajust spec. shine as well as a full bare metal livery still under work in progress
    I would like to cover the South East Asian bearcats (South Vietnam and Thailand in 60's) as well as civilian racer and maybe What if liveries.

A few pics :

Keep in touch

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

That bare metal scheme looks superb so far, l'iguane. The Alpha Bleu Bearcat is an excellent model to begin with. Milton did an upgrade on the 2D and VC as well as the ground handling and flight dynamics. With your brushwork on the Bearcat, it will be a real treat. Not really sure about a "Bare Bear", as it were, but I think there were a few bare metal F8F's stationed at Quantico in the late 50's..... a Bare Bear? lol!!!

Cheers -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hello Blackbird,
    I use the upgrade model revisited by Milton and Cie as they provide a great improvement. The "clean model" as shown up there has the pilot positioned a bit rearward in my opinion. However, the second MDL (with a belly tank) has this issue corrected with a proper pilot position. Both will be included !

I would be really interested by doing a few scheme of bare F8F's (Quantico ?) but I have not found references or profiles yet. if someone has material about them, feel free to share

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    That bare metal scheme looks superb so far, l'iguane. The Alpha Bleu Bearcat is an excellent model to begin with. Milton did an upgrade on the 2D and VC as well as the ground handling and flight dynamics. With your brushwork on the Bearcat, it will be a real treat. Not really sure about a "Bare Bear", as it were, but I think there were a few bare metal F8F's stationed at Quantico in the late 50's..... a Bare Bear? lol!!!

Cheers -- BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Milton did an upgrade on the 2D and VC as well as the ground handling and flight dynamics.

Cheers -- BB686

Hi, can this upgrade still be found? Thanks!
    Sascha

At the SOH library, search for bearcat or F8F and you should find it

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Sascha

Continuing, canopy mount are finished, still have to go for the bottom of the wings, as well as all the Gear/door/bay stuff. I might rework also the VC textures to make it look better.

As no paintkit were released for this bird and only navy blue overall livery provided, some parts as elevators were hidden into the blue..took some time to dig them out and layer them properly.

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Looks like a new silver dollar. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Sascha
    OT: Here are both the FSX port over and FS9 versions:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=2
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Pilot have been fully re-textured and looks now better, with modern helmet
    Still struggling on the bay and innner gear door.

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.jpg  

Also, I have been tweaking the "long range" model with belly tank with the same set up than the clean version. Still have to skin the belly tank, which could be done soon.

To illustrate my previous observation, notice here the difference of scale of the pilot on the long range model. To my humble opinion, I think this model is the more realistic one compare to the clean one.

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    OT: Here are both the FSX port over and FS9 versions:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=2
    Milton, thank you sir!

RTAF1322

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3