Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack

What I will do here is upload this texture only for the M. Shupe modified version that is found here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=2

You will have to run this texture without L'iguane's shine modification.

I do have another updated version as a WIP with a droppable tank, rockets and bombs, an HUD, but it is not quite ready yet, and I am uncertain if permissions can be obtained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HUD.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Pete, you were posting as I was posting. :-)

The textures you have will work IF you have the my updated version.

Just change the model and panel to use the correct versions.

Like so:

[fltsim.nn]
    title=F8F2 Bearcat Thai2300
    sim=F8F-2
    ui_manufacturer=Grumman
    ui_type="Bearcat longrange"
    ui_variation="Thai2300"
    model=f8f-2
    panel=light

sound=
    texture=Thai2300
    KB_checklists=
    description=Thai2300 by L'iguane
    atc_id=201
    atc_id_color=0x00000000
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
    visual_damage=0
    prop_anim_ratio=-1.90
    Milton,thank you for the solution,
    Peter

Texture is uploaded now; keep in mind this is for FS9 and the M.Shupe mod'ed version only because of the way panel textures are managed in the package.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=21007&catid=7
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,

I will write a old fashioned paper letter to Michel and hope he will react on that.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Milton,

I will write a old fashioned paper letter to Michel and hope he will react on that.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Wow! Can you still do that? :-) Thank you very much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, finally completed model, panel, gauge and texture changes for the VC HUD functionality.

It seems to work fine.

Long Range fuel tank also works fine, drops, etc.

The rockets and bombs are finished; the hard-points are separate from the separately addressable munitions.

Note: I have the supporting xml code support built in just as with a special Harpoon project so once Spokes2112 completes that project, maybe we can also have active rockets, bombs and guns with effects, if he grants permission to use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-5-018 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-5-019 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-5-020 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-5-021 (Large).jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, finally completed model, panel, gauge and texture changes for the VC HUD functionality.

It seems to work fine.

...]

Indeed, very nice gauge...! Is it well visible with vclight ?

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOBO View Post
    Indeed, very nice gauge...! Is it well visible with vclight ?
    It is visible however, for whatever reason, the background display, when panel lights are on, is black meaning you can only use the HUD during the day.

I thought maybe the gauge background was not true black (0,0,0,), but that is not the case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-7-005.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I suppose its possible that one would be out after dark in this aircraft and if so, for the sake of stealth and protection, would not be running any lights other than the gunsight.

In this case, it works just fine, although a little hard to read.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-7-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-7-008.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-7-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-mar-7-010.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It is visible however, for whatever reason, the background display, when panel lights are on, is black meaning you can only use the HUD during the day.

I thought maybe the gauge background was not true black (0,0,0,), but that is not the case.

Possible... And / or maybe to modify the gunsightglass texture...? (transparent, norm and trans (alpha channel)...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, bad file previously, this one is correct, norm and trans (alpha channel) are black...

News

Hello All,Nice to see you have been working hard on the bearcat ! For your use, here is the envmap I use for most of my metal birds. All the credit of this envmap goes to TuFun.From my current location Im only able to upload small files, below 300-400ko...L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails envmap.bmp  

Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post
    Hello All,Nice to see you have been working hard on the bearcat ! For your use, here is the envmap I use for most of my metal birds. All the credit of this envmap goes to TuFun.From my current location Im only able to upload small files, below 300-400ko...L'iguane

Surprise ...! I use the same since february 2014... LOL...

By the way, your skin is amazing L'iguane...

And this envmap file is very interesting for silver skins's Real Air Spitfire... And other...

Sorry, bad file previously, this one is correct, norm and trans (alpha channel) are black...
    I have no idea what to do with this bmp as it is not one shown in the panel, gauge or texture folders. Can you explain how this should be used?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have no idea what to do with this bmp as it is not one shown in the panel, gauge or texture folders. Can you explain how this should be used?
    Oops ... You are right. I'm working these days on two planes and I was wrong. Really Sorry.

I confused the panels...

Oops ... You are right. I'm working these days on two planes and I was wrong. Really Sorry.

I confused the panels...
    Oh, no problem SOLOBO; I am working on five different aircraft. I know confusion all too well. :-)

I appreciate your efforts to help.

EDIT: With that said, I have taken the F8F changes as far as I should for now. Unless permissions can be obtained to release these changes, investing more time is pointless. Let me just say that I will not be disheartened if the answer is no; that is certainly understandable.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Bump....

Haven't seen much goings on with this thread lately so...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Bump....

Haven't seen much goings on with this thread lately so...

BB686
    And rightly so Tom. L'iguane is out of the country and Oldliner52 is unreachable on the question of permissions at the moment. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    For "Oldliner52" try to contact the webmaster of the "Royale French Navy" site. Maybe he can help you.
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,
    For "Oldliner52" try to contact the webmaster of the "Royale French Navy" site. Maybe he can help you.
    JMC
    Hi gastonj,

The latest thing I know from Oldliner52 is that he is not connected to internet, which is why I have written him a letter. However so far no reply yet.
    Knowing oldliner52 I don't think he will object to further improvements of his model. But it is better to have his official approval than to take decisions based on an assumption.

When the letter doesn't work I will either try to call him myself or ask somebody who is already in contact with him.

Cheers,
    Huub

I download and installed this into my P3D install recently and the windows in the VC are completely opaque. I have tried several versions of the Alpha Bleu Ciel Bearcat over the years and they all seam to have the same problem. I was hoping that some of the experts here might have some idea as to how to fix this so the AC is usable. It was always one of my favorites in FS9.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bearcat.1.jpg   bearcat2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Try the glass texture from Milton's FSX portover.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=18252
    That is the version I tried.

It is my understanding that P3D v.3 broke at least some of the compatibility with FS9 based aircraft.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 3