Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Bleu Ciel F8F Bearcat upgrade pack

Rtaf2317

Another good news, I was unable to find the clean model with right scaled pilot, Mick kindly sent it to me and here is the result !

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    OT: Here are both the FSX port over and FS9 versions:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=2
    Milton, thank you sir!

RTAF1322

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21.jpg  

Those are superb repaints on that shined Bearcat, L'iguane. Good stuff, mate!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Those are superb repaints on that shined Bearcat, L'iguane. Good stuff, mate!

BB686
    Thank you sir !

L'iguane

Beautiful skins!

The Thai Bearcat liveries have a very appealing way of making the oriental fondness for bright color look good, and not overly garish, to the western eye. At least to these western eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Beautiful skins!

The Thai Bearcat liveries have a very appealing way of making the oriental fondness for bright color look good, and not overly garish, to the western eye. At least to these western eyes.

Completely agree with you, they are original, colorful while being sober enough and appealing for my "warbirds" taste !

Thanks from me also, giving attention to some interesting cold war warriors, your post-war mustangs still get a lot of airtime from me and so will this Bearcat.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Thanks from me also, giving attention to some interesting cold war warriors, your post-war mustangs still get a lot of airtime from me and so will this Bearcat.

cheers ian
    Glad to see you enjoy them

L'iguane

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22.jpg  

Blog Entries

Simply impeccable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post

L'iguane
    When are these beautiful skins going to be posted... and where? Your polished bare metal finish is MOST convincing...
    (fertile ground for a good painter's weathering...) Fantastic work!

G.

Hello Gaucho,

I still have some liveries to complete, the droppable tank mdl Milton shupe is working on will be an interesting addition, but from now, he needs the agrement of the original authors (see his previous posts)

I might upload the Thai bearcat pack when finished, or keep waiting the MDL rework to be finished and include my liveries to Milton's update.

I have a few additional idea of painting, racing bearcats (what if and real liveries) but it will take some time.

Cheers

L'iguane

It is possible to add a visor in VC... I'm working to adjust it... (size, and adjusted on sea level at very low altitude...)

Hello Gaucho,

I still have some liveries to complete, the droppable tank mdl Milton shupe is working on will be an interesting addition, but from now, he needs the agrement of the original authors (see his previous posts)

I might upload the Thai bearcat pack when finished, or keep waiting the MDL rework to be finished and include my liveries to Milton's update.

I have a few additional idea of painting, racing bearcats (what if and real liveries) but it will take some time.

Cheers

L'iguane
    Would something like this work. Based on the few small drawings I could find and no real pictures, but the placement looks correct per the 3-view drawing; not sure of the bomb-shape though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-001.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-006.jpg  

HOMEUNIT-2016-feb-17-007.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

@ Milton : The loading looks good (and pretty accurate) to me , here is a link for the full F8F series POH, at page 50 you get some illustrations of the weaponry and positioning.
    @ SOLOBO, at page 53 of the POH, there is also a description of the gunsight and its different modes

This POH is really helpful and covers general operation of the F8F with variants differences as well as engine parameters and performances.

Link : http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/....html#download

Cheers
    L'iguane

Sergio (Dbolt) made some great US bombs for CFS2, widely accepted as accurate size and shape over there. dunno if they would help, might be able to load them into mdlx to have a close look.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=92655&sort=d

it all looks awesome, makes me really miss FS!!

@ Milton : The loading looks good (and pretty accurate) to me , here is a link for the full F8F series POH, at page 50 you get some illustrations of the weaponry and positioning.
    @ SOLOBO, at page 53 of the POH, there is also a description of the gunsight and its different modes

This POH is really helpful and covers general operation of the F8F with variants differences as well as engine parameters and performances.

Link : http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/....html#download

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Well, thank you Sir. But, do not wish to buy it for one page.

If you see any issues with what I have, shoot me a screen shot of that page, or I will map the munitions and be done with the changes.
    I have messaged Oldliner52 and will await a response.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Sergio (Dbolt) made some great US bombs for CFS2, widely accepted as accurate size and shape over there. dunno if they would help, might be able to load them into mdlx to have a close look.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=92655&sort=d

it all looks awesome, makes me really miss FS!!

Thanks JDT; the bombs and torpedo look very nice. Mine were done from a 3-view to scale but for another aircraft. Not sure exactly what this aircraft carried but I sized per the small chart I had for it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,

I could scroll the pages all the way to the end, strange that view full screen and prt scrn work too

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Milton,

I could scroll the pages all the way to the end, strange that view full screen and prt scrn work too
    Really? All I got when clicking on the download was "Reserved for members" or to that effect.

EDIT: Ah, blocked scripts ... got it now. :-) Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Really? All I got when clicking on the download was "Reserved for members" or to that effect.
    I didn't click download, but was able to just view it in the browser, all 117 pages. If one was to accidentally hit print screen on a page of particular interest, that might just be utterly awful.

[QUOTE=Milton Shupe;1008218]Well, thank you Sir. But, do not wish to buy it for one page.

The good thing is this publication is available for viewing without having to buy, as JDTinball mentionned it.
    Glad to see you accessed it now

The loading, bombs and HVAR look great to me ! Feel free to go ahead. I can give a try at bombs and rockets textures !

Cheers
    L'iguane

[QUOTE=l'iguane;1008236]
    Well, thank you Sir. But, do not wish to buy it for one page.

The good thing is this publication is available for viewing without having to buy, as JDTinball mentionned it.
    Glad to see you accessed it now

The loading, bombs and HVAR look great to me ! Feel free to go ahead. I can give a try at bombs and rockets textures !

Cheers
    L'iguane
    I will proceed with re-mapping the under-wing munitions and probably the wing guns.

Not sure what is required to allow the rockets and bombs to be "droppable" but I do have them set up so the hard points and munitions are separate.
    I will use appropriate naming conventions so they can be individually addressable.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

[QUOTE=Milton Shupe;1008260]

I will proceed with re-mapping the under-wing munitions and probably the wing guns.

Not sure what is required to allow the rockets and bombs to be "droppable" but I do have them set up so the hard points and munitions are separate.
    I will use appropriate naming conventions so they can be individually addressable.
    Sounds promising ! Thank you Sir !

L'iguane

Blog Entries

Something to go with it!

A new 2D panel to complement this fine redo of an old classic...
    Available as usual... comment and or suggestions welcome...

G.

Members who have read this thread: 2