A2A J-3 Cub with Accusim in P3Dv3.1

Thread: A2A J-3 Cub with Accusim in P3Dv3.1

A2A J-3 Cub with Accusim in P3Dv3.1

Hi all,

Tonight I have reinstalled the Accusim J-3 in order to enjoy the float version in P3Dv3.1.
    I just installed the original version (version 1.0 and Accusim on top), then ran the A2A core update 10_03_15 (I don't know if it's the latest) which found the J-3 and updated it.

In the sim the airplane displays perfectly and seems to work fine, excepted a few problems:

1- First of all, the "floating sound" (the sound of the water hitting the floats when the plane is stationary) keeps playing when I'm airborne. I also "ditched" the plane on the shore at the end of my flight (landed nicely on water, then travelled slowly to the ground), and the sound kept playing again...

2- Then, the takeoff from water seems to be much more difficult than I remembered from my FSX sessions. Ok, I had activated Heidi and the maximum luggage load, and I limited the fuel to 5 gallons (approx 40%). But still, the aircraft was struggling to reach 8 knots on water with full engine power. But ok, there was something like 3 or 4 knots of wind in my back, I thought this wouldn't matter.... so in the end, I tried it again in the opposite direction. Full power, stick back (but not too much), the speed finally passed the 10-12 knots, then kept slowly increasing until it reached 18 knots. Then the plane rose to that level where it gets less water drag, so the speed increased faster, and I could finally takeoff...

As an example, I tried taking off from the water runway at Olympic Fields in OrbX PNW. I barely made it, and almost stalled on takeoff...
    Does anybody get the same problems in P3Dv3.1 ?

Daube,
    Go on the A2A forum and ask.
    I think it is something to do with reinstalling something.
    There is a thread about it.
    Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris, I'll probably do that today. I just wanted to check with the user experience here, prior to ask on an official forum a question about an unsupported product

I have the Cub installed in 3.1 but have only flown the wheeled one so this is purely a guess.

It could be related to the new water as discuses in another thread on here (I don't remember the thread title sorry)
    Try adding the following to the [contact_points] section of the aircraft.cfg

always_use_avg_surface=1

As i said just a guess but worth a try.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Hi all,

Tonight I have reinstalled the Accusim J-3 in order to enjoy the float version in P3Dv3.1.
    I just installed the original version (version 1.0 and Accusim on top), then ran the A2A core update 10_03_15 (I don't know if it's the latest) which found the J-3 and updated it.

In the sim the airplane displays perfectly and seems to work fine, excepted a few problems:

1- First of all, the "floating sound" (the sound of the water hitting the floats when the plane is stationary) keeps playing when I'm airborne. I also "ditched" the plane on the shore at the end of my flight (landed nicely on water, then travelled slowly to the ground), and the sound kept playing again...

2- Then, the takeoff from water seems to be much more difficult than I remembered from my FSX sessions. Ok, I had activated Heidi and the maximum luggage load, and I limited the fuel to 5 gallons (approx 40%). But still, the aircraft was struggling to reach 8 knots on water with full engine power. But ok, there was something like 3 or 4 knots of wind in my back, I thought this wouldn't matter.... so in the end, I tried it again in the opposite direction. Full power, stick back (but not too much), the speed finally passed the 10-12 knots, then kept slowly increasing until it reached 18 knots. Then the plane rose to that level where it gets less water drag, so the speed increased faster, and I could finally takeoff...

As an example, I tried taking off from the water runway at Olympic Fields in OrbX PNW. I barely made it, and almost stalled on takeoff...
    Does anybody get the same problems in P3Dv3.1 ?
    I experience the same with P3Dv3.1 water. I have to turn accusim off for water takeoff otherwise I'm unable to takeoff. Something to do with Accusim water physics.

Members who have read this thread: 0