Carrier Ops in DCS?

Thread: Carrier Ops in DCS?

Carrier Ops in DCS?

Yesterday I was watching youtube videos, and one in particular featured carrier ops in DCS. I didn't even know that is possible?

What was most interesting to me was a camera view showing a trap where the arresting cable that the aircraft's tailhook caught - actually moved. NOT something possible, to my knowledge, in either FSX or P3D.

I am trying to find information on how carrier ops are accessed in DCS. Any help here? Thanks, NC

I believe that in DCs you would need to download the Flaming Clffs add on which has the flanker variants including naval and carriers etc.

DCS A-10C had all the objects but no fly able carrier aircraft.

I particularly enjoy aerial refuelling in DCS, it is very challenging but pretty realistic looking.

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I believe that in DCs you would need to download the Flaming Clffs add on which has the flanker variants including naval and carriers etc.

DCS A-10C had all the objects but no fly able carrier aircraft.

I particularly enjoy aerial refuelling in DCS, it is very challenging but pretty realistic looking.

hope that helps.
    Thanks Centuryseries. I had accidentally started a similar thread, and I received some good information in replies. Thank you! NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ircraft-needed

What was most interesting to me was a camera view showing a trap where the arresting cable that the aircraft's tailhook caught - actually moved. NOT something possible, to my knowledge, in either FSX or P3D.
    It does in IL2 as well. Indeed, if you want good carrier flying you could do a lot worse than give it a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015.08.05 15-27-01.jpg   2015.08.05 15-27-52.jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I believe a US and a Russian carrier will become available this year, both as modules. The F/A-18C also is scheduled for release this year.

I have DCS World 2 with Nevada and Flaming Cliffs 3, there's already a nice CVN-77 George H.W. Bush Hornet & Tomcat mod for DCS World, thing is I have no idea how to install it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I haven't installed any mods either, but I think you need to use a program called JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler). Well that is one way anyway, and most modders seem to suggest it.

If you just search the internet for "install mods in to DCS World" then many results for posts from DCS forums and more will appear.

Here is the first result, but there are many more:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

BTW check http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1016445

for more links to mods, and also check through the DCS World forums for many mods.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Just a Teaser of The Upcoming Hornet

Patrick

Wow! Now, that looks nice!
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I agree,although I'm told this is actually the AI model already in DCS.

Patrick

New Carrier WIP from Heat Blur

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0