Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDS 727-100 Series Released

TDS 727-100 Series Released

At long last!

<center>FSX/P3D TDS Boeing 727-100 Passenger Base Package
    </center><center>[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: tds_727-100fsx.zip
    Size: 25,501,615 Date: 01-25-2016 Downloads: 138

FSX/P3D TDS Boeing 727-100 Passenger Base Package. Developed by Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS). Model features high resolution textures, dynamic flexing wings, nose gear steering, rudder lock, ground spoilers, low speed aileron locks at high speed, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, rolling wheels, animated thrust reversers with reverser block doors, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles and more. Package contains model and all files necessary for immediate flight. Model design by Hiroshi Igami. Flight dynamics design by Nick Wilkinson. Effects by David Biggar. House Livery by Carlos Eduardo Salas. Master textures by Kyle Schurb. By Stian Svensen.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Yep, that's a have to get for me. The 727 is one of the "modern" jetliners I like, but the shorter -100 is my favorite.

Wonder if there's a paint kit for it yet?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Agree with you Willy on that. Paint kit should come out at some point + some paints are already in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tds727/
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Downloaded and installed. It only has a 2-D panel and believe it or not it appears to be that of a 737 as it only has 2 throttle levers. there is no 3rd set of gauges to make it a 3 engine panel.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

You might be able to find a good Panel over @ the same place as the Download... if memory serves, Kirk Mitchell made a couple good ones.
    As is the case with most TDS offerings, a little creative Cockpit engineering is necessary to get what one wants.

Alan

As is the case with most TDS offerings, a little creative Cockpit engineering is necessary to get what one wants.
    Yes, with POSKY/TDS offerings one has think of themselves as the "general contractor" and scrounge around for the other systems and components. Part of the fun of the hobby! I have merged the Captain Sim 727 VC on both the TDS -200 and -100 series and they are a terrific combination.

With the -200, I did the VC swap thing with the freeware Tom Ruby? 727. Fairly simple to do once you figure it out. When I get around to installing the -100, it's getting the same treatment.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Yes the Thomas Ruth freeware VC is an excellent choice of panel to merge.

I cannot get the -100 series to follow a heading/flight plan/gps in AP, either with the shipped panel or merged CS VC. Can't figure out why. No problems of this kind with the TDS -200 model with these panels. Have A-B compared air.cfg's but stumped.

Note: you may find the ADI won't initialise and the AP won't hold a heading.

You need to make the following change in the air.cfg to fix this:

[attitude_indicators]
    attitude_indicator.0 = 1

Change it to:

[attitude_indicators]
    attitude_indicator.0 = 2

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I found the Thomas Ruth 727s along with the upgrades including a paint kit. I will be flying these from now on.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Note: you may find the ADI won't initialise and the AP won't hold a heading.

You need to make the following change in the air.cfg to fix this:

[attitude_indicators]
    attitude_indicator.0 = 1

Change it to:

[attitude_indicators]
    attitude_indicator.0 = 2
    THANK YOU!!!
    I had done my first VC swap due to this plane only to find the attitude indicators weren't working. This helps immensely.

BTW, with the Tom Ruth 727 VC the eyepoint is this:

[Views]
    //eyepoint= 66.167,-1.765, 4.750 <---this is the original eyepoint
    eyepoint= 47.50,-1.765, 5.250

Hope this helps

At this point I also added the default 737-800 autopilot and a GPS as I still have no idea how to work a FMC. I am eagerly awaiting some new paints but this is cool for now (but wouldn't new Boeing House Colors look good?--hint hint wink wink nudge nudge). The one I got flying is the RR Tay version--comes with winglets--just bombin' around with Molokai in the background...
    I noticed at least on my computer once it gets to altitude it tends to 'porpoise'. I found that what tends to work is shutting off the autopilot within 1000 feet of cruise altitude and manually easing it to that altitude then flipping the autopilot back on. I also changed the elevator_trim_effectiveness from 0.55 to 0.35 and so far so good but will keep you all posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boeing 727-100.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I never installed the TDS 727 until now, for some strange reason.

To be honest, I'm quite impressed, having really enjoyed the Cantu/Vistaliners versions in the far past, and the Ruth FSX versions more recently.

CP Air being one of my favourite FSX airlines, I'm wondering why I'm having the following issue. I've installed this paint:

http://www.fs2000.org/2016/05/25/fsx...27-100-cp-air/

I installed it as per the included repaint instructions, using the following fltsim entries:

[fltsim.1]
    title=FREEWARE_(C)_TDS_01AUG2014 _721_JT8D +D00 +TBF40 JT8D CP AIR
    sim=TdsB721
    model=JT8D
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=CP AIR
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=CF-CUS
    atc_airline=
    atc_flight_number=
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO
    atc_parking_code=
    ui_manufacturer=TDS
    ui_type=727-100 JT8D
    ui_variation=CP AIR (1976)
    visual_damage=1
    description=

As you can see from the screenshot, the outboard engine pods are chrome, not orange as they should be, as both the photo, and texture file (TDS727_JT8D-9_T) indicate orange cowlings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-4-19_23-15-48-374.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	68657

I did not change any of the hex settings, just looking for a standard (with eyebrow, no winglet) 100 series with orange cowlings as per the repaint. Any ideas what I am doing wrong - thanks in advance for any help.

dl

The paint is for one of Hiroshi's different models - different type of engine.

Hello,
    It should be something like that:

[fltsim.8]
    title=FREEWARE_(C)_TDS_01AUG2014 _721_JT8D +D00 +TBF40 JT8D CP AIR
    sim=TdsB721-JT8D-9
    model=JT8D

panel=
    sound=\..\..\..\..\..\moteur\jet\CIVIL\727 2
    texture=CP AIR
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=CF-CUS
    atc_airline=
    atc_flight_number=
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO
    atc_parking_code=
    ui_manufacturer=Boeing
    ui_type=727-100 TDS
    ui_variation=CP AIR (1976)
    visual_damage=1
    description=

Make sure the actual model is:
    TDSX721_JT8D.mdl

The last airfile (best) is:
    TdsB721-JT8D-9.air

Have found the right VC view?
    Mine is slightly different that the one in the cfg file:
    //RUTH VC//
    eyepoint= 49.3,-1.7, 5.35

Cheers

Something else:
    Model: TDSX721_JT8D--CA is also ok for CP AIR texture.

BTW I never found a repaint for the Model B727-100 with Tay engines (TDSX721_TAY651--W).
    Is there only one, where to find it?

Thks

Edit: I loaded the files from your link, the file TDS727_JT8D-9_T has a pure black alpha chanel. This is it, you must change it in pure white...
    Last edited by mercure; April 20th, 2019 at 08:26. Reason: complement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    Something else:
    Model: TDSX721_JT8D--CA is also ok for CP AIR texture.

BTW I never found a repaint for the Model B727-100 with Tay engines (TDSX721_TAY651--W).
    Is there only one, where to find it?

Thks

Edit: I loaded the files from your link, the file TDS727_JT8D-9_T has a pure black alpha chanel. This is it, you must change it in pure white...
    Hi Mercure,

It sounds like the issue is not the mapping of the model (which I've mapped to the JT8D model) - but rather a change I need to make to the texture itself.

That being the case, is there an step by step guide on how to do this? I've only got MS paint, and MCX (I've only done a couple of simple mdl compilations to fix some texture materials). Or if someone's already converted / fixed the alpha channel, I'd be most grateful.

thanks,

dl

TDS727_JT8D-9_T.7z

I suppose Mr Louis Castro, the artist who did this excellent painting and many others wouldn't mind me doing this...
    BTW the TDS 727 200 F UPS has the same issue.

Cheers

NB: use 7 zip freeware to convert this archive. It is 4MB

Blog Entries
    Merci, Monsieur Mercure!!!

I now have correctly coloured cowls in the daytime. I've also solved the fine points of the panel, getting the special TDS gauge-activated lighting to work correctly. Was a bit finicky, but worth the exercise in getting it right.

My only remaining question, back to the cowls - at night, they didn't "darken". So for example, I have two other liveries, on the -200 model (Pan Am and Air Canada) - and they both darken at night. But the CP remains artificially orange at night, as below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-4-22_21-57-9-497.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	68707

Any idea why?

Thanks - so very close!

dl

Hummmmmm.....

I was not able to reproduce your issue.
    Make sure you have the file TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp, available in other paintings, but not sure it will fix it for you.
    Tell me.

Oh! Any 'Tay' livery by the way? Thks

Blog Entries
    Hi Mercure,

The only Tay engined schemes I've seen are for the UPS freighter (I think that came with the freighter base pack) - and a few FS2004 screenshots of Westar Group N800AK - no idea where the actual paint is.

As to your suggested file ( TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp), I can't find it anywhere, neither in the base pack nor the various repaints I've gotten (CP, Pan Am, BAW, UAL, AC). Any idea where that file came from?

Thanks again,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

As to your suggested file ( TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp), I can't find it anywhere, neither in the base pack nor the various repaints I've gotten (CP, Pan Am, BAW, UAL, AC). Any idea where that file came from?

Thanks again,

dl
    Hi! I have that file in my TDS 727-200 texture folder.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi chaps,

It is a very simple file so I guess there is no issue to share it.
    Please let me know, I am not sure it will be enough as a cure...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TDS727_JT8D-9_l.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much Mercure and Zippy!

That's sorted the night texture issue. I'm pretty happy with this model. The only thing that's a bit of a niggle is the Ruth VC I have has "active" clickspots over the INS which appears to be non-functional - I suppose I can always add a 2D version in and use that. Or use the freighter VC with the FMS, though that would take away from the 70s era experience.

Overall, a lovely model, worth the tweaking - and in fact, I'd like to learn the gauge and option logic better, as I really like the ground reflecting lights, rotating beacon, etc - I could see adding those to other planes.

thanks all!

dl

Members who have read this thread: 4