Jonas aftermath

Thread: Jonas aftermath

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Unhappy Jonas aftermath

Is every US friend OK over there after Jonas struck?

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Hiya Kelti,

Here are a couple of pic my sister sent- looking out her back door at the deck. The first is a bit early on. The second a few hours later. She lives outside Washington, DC in Manassas, VA.

MR

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wintwer-2015-2016-January23-01-soh.jpg   wintwer-2015-2016-January23-00-soh.jpg  
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Kelti...

..still digging here,even with my venerable old snowblower chugging away! Two feet measured in my backyard and 2 1/2 in my front. Being in the middle of a basement overhaul didn't make matters any better. Ever realize that the tool that you need for a certain minor fix is always buried at the bottom of the temporarily relocated tool storage? I think it is a direct correlation between need and inaccessibility!
    Stay warm my friend, stay warm!

Yep. My town got hit hard, but i shoveled snow with my father and brother (Jeez, I hate that job).

We had about 6 inches (about 15 CM) here. It didn't last long with the rising temperatures and sunshine. Much of it is gone now with the primary roads pretty much clear. The side roads are still a bit of a mess though.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22 Reply...

Stefano,

I received about 8 inches of snow here in Whitman, MA. It was relatively easy to push around, and I was dug out (with a snowblower and three junior shovelers) in about twenty minutes. Then, we had a snowball fight, got dressed, and went to church like any other Sunday. There were higher snow totals and some minor / moderate coastal flooding, especially on Cape God. But school was on today, no trouble at all.

The attached picture sums up the difference between a snowstorm in the Mid-Atlantic / South and here in New England or the Upper Midwest.

But given what happened Sunday night, I guess we didn't pray hard enough.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

We got over 12 inches of snow but no big deal. I've been in worse blizzards.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Hehe. In my earlier post I said the picture I attached were sent by my sister. They were actually sent by my Ex! LOL! Another one of those getting old slips!

Anyhow, today she sent a couple more: One is the pathway from the back door up to the street level part of the driveway. The next shows the initial condition of one car- left covered with snow in the driveway. The next shows her car, parked in the street, with a path cut to it and a bit of the snow removed.

MR

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1240007-soh.jpg   P1240009-soh.jpg   P1240001-soh.jpg  
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Phew!

So, no one is hurt or suffered major property damages? I am so glad to read it.

According to the news here, there were 19 people dead in car accidents, more died while shovelling snow, a sad death toll. A snowfall of 86 cm. (2.82') in Harrisburg, PA, hundreds of roofs caved in under the weight of the snow, hospitals hit by blackouts with no heating, the entire North East buried and shut down, overall damages estimated in billions of dollars and a state of emergency.

......I got scared!

According to the pictured posted here it sure was one hell of a snowstorm, but it was handled.

Here it sounded like a piece of the Atlantic coast was going to collapse into the ocean under the weight of the snow or blown out of the map by the fierce winds: good ole' sensationalistic journalism!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0