Newly converted

Thread: Newly converted

Icon26 Newly converted

For some time I've had SE paid for but not installed as a reserve, but following my latest FSX Disaster I've loaded up, and so far it's gone fine. The basic install worked, and FTX England, EditVoicepackX and Traffic 360 all went in without trouble, finding the right path without even a nudge from me. I know frame rates are said to be better, and that's what I am finding, but the graphics also seem rather richer. Is this right, or just wishful thinking on my part?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    For some time I've had SE paid for but not installed as a reserve, but following my latest FSX Disaster I've loaded up, and so far it's gone fine. The basic install worked, and FTX England, EditVoicepackX and Traffic 360 all went in without trouble, finding the right path without even a nudge from me. I know frame rates are said to be better, and that's what I am finding, but the graphics also seem rather richer. Is this right, or just wishful thinking on my part?
    I have FSX Gold which has served me well since reinstalled in 2009 and FSX-SE. I have found SE to be graphically richer and much faster. I know the compiler in FSX-SE has made a difference in speed but can't explain why the graphics are better I use the exact same Nividia card and Inspector settings...oh well just enjoy!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Well, they certainly look better to me when flying with FTX England installed.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

I never heard about graphical improvement in FSX-SE compared to FSX.
    When I tested FSX-SE for the first time a few days ago, I didn't notice anything obvious.
    The very nice thing though, that I missed a lot since switching to P3D, was the ability to set the LOD_RADIUS to 9.0. With photorealistic sceneries, that really makes a difference.
    However, what I didn't miss at all was the ground blurries when flying fast at low altitude. In FSX-SE, they appeared almost as fast as in FSX....

I also installed SE last week and I am happy so far. One thing which seems odd to me though is that every time I launch the program it rebuilds the scenery indexes. I know this is standard procedure in P3DV2 but is it also normal for SE ?

thanks, Henk.

Members who have read this thread: 0