Fun with heat as in AB heat!

Thread: Fun with heat as in AB heat!

Icon12 Fun with heat as in AB heat!

After flying the C9 Phantom, notice some issues with the AB that I did some time ago. Created a couple of new textures and fixed the clipping of the Ignitor ring on banking maneuvers.

Here's a video showing the spray bars below the ring. Burn 50 gallons per minute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mpJ933Xb-I

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Excellent job.

That looks great. Is this the Cloud 9 F-4 for FS9 that is available as freeware? Is there a FSX port-over update somewhere? I'd like to have the plane just for the A/B effects.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    That looks great. Is this the Cloud 9 F-4 for FS9 that is available as freeware? Is there a FSX port-over update somewhere? I'd like to have the plane just for the A/B effects.
    I don't believe that the C9 Phantom is available as freeware - unless someone knows differently.
    There is a thread in this forum that deals with the FSX conversion here. Everything you need to know can be found there.

Dave

This (see pic) is one version of the Cloud 9 F-4E for FS9 that I downloaded from the FS Dream Team website. Not a Navy Phantom but still a really nice aircraft. The stock AB effect is not that bad but what TuFun came up with in FSX looks a lot better.

Yup, looks real good, made me back off from the monitor. Looks so real I didn't want to get burned. Outstanding!!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Animated Flames!

Working on animating the flames. The orange disk is part of the aircraft model. Example texture I've created for testing... ball of flames.

Video example of the animated AB flames.

Thanks for that YT link, Tufun, pointed me to some very useful stuff!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Jay's Videos are very help in explaining the function of the J-79. Has some good afterburner videos. Those little holes in the afterburner tube is to cool down the metal so as not to melt it.

He explains that in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ccK94IvsA

Cool video of F-4 afterburners in action! Depending on time of day the flame can be seen or almost not at all.

Hotter flame in the core as in something like a two stage effect. I've created two textures, one with hotter longer flames, and one with short flames. Testing to see what that will do.

Some phun phying the Phantom with improved AB flames. Working on those flames out the back.

Working on the flame part of the effect. Short video of the work thus far.

Beautiful.

Dave

That looks really... HOT! Very nice effects.

Members who have read this thread: 1