Belgian Spitfire FR.XVIe SG-57 - Need help!

Thread: Belgian Spitfire FR.XVIe SG-57 - Need help!

Belgian Spitfire FR.XVIe SG-57 - Need help!

Hi,

I want to ask any Belgian forum members here at the SoH for some help regarding the correct roundel proportions used on Spitfire FR.XIVe "SG-57". I'm partly basing my repaint of pictures of the SG57 as it looks today at the museum in Florennes. To me the dimensions on the fuselage and wing roundel looks a bit wrong, it would be great to have someone with more knowledge about the subject helping me out!

The low back FR.XIVe is much better known and photographed, but the original XIVe was also build as a tactical recce fighter with a special modification to the radio compartment. An aerodynamical fairing was put on each side and the camera could be placed to both sides. This was a feature not seen on dedicated PR spitfires.

I have tried to replicate this with some magic on the texture itself and more important on the bump texture to make an optical illusion of the fairing.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

That's a darned good optical illusion Jens. Anyone not knowing it was 'paint' would certainly believe it was modelled in those shots

ATB
    DaveB

The spitfire LF 14 "RL-D" (Col Lallemant) was not SG 57 but SG 49 and had a bubble canopy.
    SG 57 received "RL-D" markings in remembrance of Col Lallemant, 1st commanding officer of Florennes Airbase (after the WWII).
    I have some small size black & white pictures from several collections, they are copyrighted. If you need them, i'll send them to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0