Icon22 FIAT G-91Y FSX Native

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G91Y_ext_01.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	34014

A little freeware jewel by Massimo Altieri, downloadable here :

http://digilander.libero.it/max_alt/...lane_G91Y.html

Wow, that really looks great! Thanks for the HU!

Cheers,
    Huub

I see a "Download" button, but it isn't active. He also has a nice B-47 WIP as well.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Wow, that really looks great!....Thanks for the HU!

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub,
    I just discovered that it is impossible to download the plane from the Altieri's site (Massimo Altieri is also the author of the only RA-5 Vigilante for FS) because the "Download" button isn't enabled, I sent him an e-mail and I'm waiting for an answer.... However I received the plane from a friend of mine (on Facebook), I also ask him where he found the package....

An XB-70 and B-58 in there as well.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    An XB-70 and B-58 in there as well.
    Indeed, he has several beautiful aircraft "In Progress". If/or when he releases them, they should be quite popular.

Icon25

Hi,
    My friend Matteo sent me a message, he says that he downloaded the plane from the Altieri's site, but after two days the same download link was blocked by the author..... He sent him an e-mail for more informations, but Altieri answered in a generic way that he had no idea about when (and if) he would finish the aircraft....If Altieri will answer to my message I'll ask him the authorization to upload the plane here at SOH...

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi,
    My friend Matteo sent me a message, he says that he downloaded the plane from the Altieri's site, but after two days the same download link was blocked by the author..... He sent him an e-mail for more informations, but Altieri answered in a generic way that he had no idea about when (and if) he would finish the aircraft....If Altieri will answer to my message I'll ask him the authorization to upload the plane here at SOH...

It did seem that while the external model and VC panel look complete, there didn't appear to be any "interior detail texturing" done. . .which would be minor really as long as there was a texture sheet for those areas and not just default "material" coloring.

Downloads and flys for me fine, what a lovely surprise, wanted one of these since i lost my Lago payware model years and years ago.
    A big thank you to Altieri for his gift

...and a "VIGI" on the assembly line !

Looks like he has the "VIGI" in the works as well !...now that's worth holding my breath for, and as a bonus it looks like there will be a selection of under-wing stores to boot. Awesome!

Walt
    Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Downloads and flys for me fine, what a lovely surprise, wanted one of these since i lost my Lago payware model years and years ago.
    A big thank you to Altieri for his gift
    Please share your "Golden Touch" as the download button hasn't been active since this was posted as a sticky!

[QUOTEPlease share your "Golden Touch" as the download button hasn't been active since this was posted as a sticky!][/QUOTE]

Hi, i just pressed the yellow download button in the top right hand corner and bobs your uncle, a shinny new Fiat in my hanger.

cheers ian

Download button working now!

Just tested, download button worked perfect here. WAM_G91.zip. 7.136kb
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi,
    My friend Matteo sent me a message, he says that he downloaded the plane from the Altieri's site, but after two days the same download link was blocked by the author..... He sent him an e-mail for more informations, but Altieri answered in a generic way that he had no idea about when (and if) he would finish the aircraft....If Altieri will answer to my message I'll ask him the authorization to upload the plane here at SOH....
    Hi Friend,
    Mr Altieri answered to my question, the download button on his site is now active...... He says the plane is still incomplete, but he doesn't know when (or if) he'll release it.....

Works for me in firefox but not in Opera.

http://digilander.libero.it/max_alt/files/WAM_G91.zip

try this.

I've been flying it tonight. It is a Work in Progress so I've not found the airbrakes or afterburner effects yet. Perhaps F-5 effects and sounds might fit this little beauty.

its a lovely model, so i'll take it as is, again, thank you very much

cheers ian

[QUOTE It is a Work in Progress so I've not found the airbrakes or afterburner effects yet][/QUOTE]

i may be wrong, but i dont think this baby had an afterburner in real life

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    its a lovely model, so i'll take it as is, again, thank you very much

cheers ian

[QUOTE It is a Work in Progress so I've not found the airbrakes or afterburner effects yet]
    i may be wrong, but i dont think this baby had an afterburner in real life[/QUOTE]

Yes, the G.91Y did have Afterburners, it was powered by two GE J85 Turbojets same as the F-5 & T-38 whereas the original G.91 was powered by a single non-afterburning Bristol Siddeley Orpheus 803 turbojet.

This is an interesting find. I recall seeing all the models listed on that page some time ago then the page abruptly disappeared (I believe more than once). I'd like to see that RA-5C come out but I bear in mind that the external model is very much off and last I saw did not even have a tailhook.

(Edit). I will see what I can do to add afterburner effects to this but it may take me a little time as I'm swamped with other projects right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love the "Gina" thanks for pointing this out ! Mike

Downloaded, but it crashes my FSX. Hmmmm. removed it, and FSX OK. Oh well.

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I discovered that the afterburner effects are already there but they may activate out of sequence depending on what the throttle setting is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, it's a WIP, but very nice!!! I hope this project will be finished, IMHO the Yankee was a beautiful Italian jet

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1815651.jpg   2078329.jpg   1823429.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Mt Experience With the Afterburner is..at not Full Throttle It Shows,A Tad Back? It Shows Less,and Again Back back,It Shows Least..Three Light Intensity's.......Thnx!

that B-47 he's working on looks AMAZING

Members who have read this thread: 2