The Savoia Marchetti S.73

Thread: The Savoia Marchetti S.73

The Savoia Marchetti S.73

I think the model of S.73 Tri-Motor Italion airliner is the most beautiful Tri-Motor ever produced, the
    model was built by Mr Stefano Meneghini for FS9. It is a very stable airplane, however when making
    an approach on final you must pay attention to your airspeed as it will stall out on you with full flaps
    so I keep an eye on my airspeed . It has a long range for a Tri-Motor and is powered by three Wright
    Cyclone engines. It is slow but very stable and for me very comfortable to fly. I am a dummy and have
    trouble finding my way around so I modified the panel with a default AP. The sound for the model is
    just outstanding I think, I fly it a lot over BC where it is very good to get into little uncontrolled fields,
    With the long range and paying attention to my mixture and prop controls I have flown from Gander
    to Thule AFB...but landing at Thule is a real challenge at night. She is very forgiving except when making
    a final then it is airspeed, airspeed. Thank you for allowing me to tell you about this wonderful airplane.

Cheers

Casey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by casey jones View Post
    I think the model of S.73 Tri-Motor Italion airliner is the most beautiful Tri-Motor ever produced,
    Hi Casey,
    I am happy to hear about your flying experienced with the S.73. I agree that the S.73 is a beautiful aircraft, and the flying characteristics are a joy. Since I started flying in FS9 I have taken a liking to Stefano's trimotors (and Manuele's and Milton's), the S.73 and SM.81 in particular. The historical, flying, and navigation notes for the S.73/SM.81 by FSAviator are first rate and have inspired me to learn classic era navigation techniques. I am currently preparing to fly the S.73 on the SABENA routes from Brussels to Lubumbashi (Elizabethville) in the Congo. After that, the Ala littoria routes to East Africa.

Wishing you the best of luck on all your flights.

Happy Landings,
    John

During training at Ostend, Belgium
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2014-jun-2-005.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	34011

Icon22

Hi !!!
    Here is an old Friend !!!

Here are the "Linea dell'Impero" (Route of Empire), the longer of Ala Littoria's routes....
    On Rome - Tripoli were used exclusively C.R.D.A. Cant.Z.506 Hydroplanes (the Civil versions A & C), the S.73s were used in African part of the route.

Icon22

Ala Littoria's Routes :

Hi all,

me too I love the SM73/SM81 and use them a lot,the flight to Elizabethville lasted 35 hours,
    and is very interesting,
    many gracias to all who have be involved in developping this gem!!!

happy landings

Peter

Hi,

where is that Oostend airfield scenery from? The hangar looks like a reparation German 'Normalflugzeughalle' (standard aircraft shed) to me?

Great aircraft, by the way. Thanks, Manuele.

Best regards,
    Volker

Blog Entries
    Hi Volker,
    That's good old Central Europe 1961 - Belgium Airports.
    Excellent scenery.

Avsim.
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...or=&CatID=root

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I have it already.

Best regards,
    Volker

Members who have read this thread: 2