Airship Industries Skyship 600

Thread: Airship Industries Skyship 600

Blog Entries

Airship Industries Skyship 600

Well after many years of doing conversions of available 3D models for FSX, I took the plunge and went started my own proper FSX aircraft, well lighter than air to be correct. Introducing the Airship Industries Skyship 600. As a young kid living in Orlando Florida, I used to see this type of blimp flying in the Sea World/Shamu livery and since there aren't any good FSX blimps out, this will probably be the first. Bear in mind, this is my first designed from scratch project and it won't be completed any time soon as it is an in between project with all the countless others I have on the drawing board at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-12_18-25-29-605.jpg   2016-1-12_18-21-53-63.jpg   2016-1-12_18-21-32-108.jpg   2016-1-12_18-19-59-869.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Longtime blimp fan. Using the k-class patrol blimp for ai traffic inspection around z globe.

A native model Fsx airship sounds great!

This is truly beautiful, and as someone who was fortunate to be able to fly in Fujifilm's Skyship 600 several times, and even to briefly pilot it once, I really hope this model eventually sees the light of day in FSX. Please let me know if I can help at all by providing photos of the blimp. They're low resolution (my camera back then was only 1.5 megapixel) but capture the cabin, cockpit and exterior from a fair few angles.

Excellent! I've always enjoyed the blimps and dirigibles in FS and knowing we're getting one from you (Eventually) means we're going to have a great one to scoot around the simulated skies. Thanks for the previews.

Will be following this as it progresses
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Wow!

I love Skyship!! I can't wait to create the Zorin Industries repaint, from movie:"007 - A View To a Kill"

Quote Originally Posted by mib View Post
    I love Skyship!! I can't wait to create the Zorin Industries repaint, from movie:"007 - A View To a Kill"
    Given that this is a 5 year old thread and nothing was ever posted by him after the intial post, I went to his Facebook page and asked whether or not the project was ever completed. He may answer me on his page, or come here and give an answer.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I'd be over the moon if someone could convert Bill Lyons' Fuji blimp from FS2002 to FSX. You can actually view the model using ModelConverterX but the animations are pretty messed up.

Brian

Brian, I was thinking exactly the same thing: I have Bill Lyons' Skyship but it is totally unusable on FSX, and it's a shame because it looks very well done, from the screenshots I've seen.

Will it be easier to create a new Skyship for FSX, or will I convert Bill Lyons' Skyship from FS2002 to FSX?

Brian, I was thinking exactly the same thing: I have Bill Lyons' Skyship but it is totally unusable on FSX, and it's a shame because it looks very well done, from the screenshots I've seen.

Will it be easier to create a new Skyship for FSX, or will I convert Bill Lyons' Skyship from FS2002 to FSX?
    You can definitely try to convert his Skyship. I remember years ago someone tried to convert the model for use in FS2004...they weren't successful. Back in the day I was one of the beta testers for Bill Lyons. Many of Bill's model have some unique features in them. Maybe that's why his models don't convert easily.

Brian
    Last edited by IFlySWA; May 10th, 2022 at 13:20. Reason: bad spelling

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Given that this is a 5 year old thread and nothing was ever posted by him after the intial post, I went to his Facebook page and asked whether or not the project was ever completed. He may answer me on his page, or come here and give an answer.
    This is from George on his FB Page:
    "It's been sitting idle for quite sometime as there's not a while lot of reference material for the interior and panels. I have a base flyable model already, but no VC or interior to go with it."

I would not look for it in the foreseeable future.

Current System Specs:

We can help Bill to create Skyship interior: now there are many photos and videos on web (for example, some clips from 007 movie)

We can help Bill to create Skyship interior: now there are many photos and videos on web (for example, some clips from 007 movie)
    If you're referring to Bill Lyons, he is no longer involved in Flight Sim. If you meant George Arana (euroastar350) reading his Facebook page I don't believe he has any desire to work this particular project. He has many others on his plate and this one doesn't appear to be a priority.

Personally I think you stand a better chance of having someone convert Bill Lyons model than you do of seeing Georges Airship being completed.

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    I can release the model as is with no interior or panel, unless anyone can point me in the right direction to obtain some usable material. The envelope is already mapped and I can map the remaining parts to make it paintable.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

I stand corrected. . .Thanks for replying here George.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 1