Aircraft Will Not Rev

Thread: Aircraft Will Not Rev

SOH-CM-2020

Aircraft Will Not Rev

This is an odd one - I have encountered a couple of aircraft in my BoB install (Pat's Bob) that are way down on power and will not achieve the full rpm sound. I've seen a thread mentioning that if the cfg or air file is out of whack the setup may not trigger the higher rev sounds.

However, now that I've encountered the problem with two aircraft (neither of which I've modified), I'm wondering how on earth I've ended up with these gutless, sitting ducks? I can barely muster the power to even take off. Culprits thus far are the p_36a in British skin (OK, I've just realised this is not a stock BoB plane), and one of the Spitfires.

I managed to fix the Spitfire by changing the sound file alias from the stock spitfire_ixc to aliasing the BoB spitfire which comes with sound files - Bob_Spit_Ia. That suggests to me that maybe the sound.cfg file has a problem in it?

Any ideas?

I'm a little confused as to what your problem is. Are you saying that your aircraft are actually underpowered, or just sound underpowered? I remember the P-36 sounding underpowered for me, though it performed just fine. The fix for the sound issue is in post #55 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dge-base/page3

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I'm a little confused as to what your problem is. Are you saying that your aircraft are actually underpowered, or just sound underpowered? I remember the P-36 sounding underpowered for me, though it performed just fine. The fix for the sound issue is in post #55 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dge-base/page3
    Thanks for the link, gecko.

Well thats the funny thing, on this occasion these crates are both underpowered, and sound underpowered. For example, the p_36a barely scraped off the runway and then couldn't climb.

The spitfire became dog tucker in a QC dogfight. So its not just the sound issue, I haven't encountered it before.

Hmm, you either have an odd FM issue - odd because you'd think it would have been reported by now - I've never had it with those aircraft, or something about how you're flying or controlling the engine is off. Are prop, mixture, and throttle all full?

SOH-CM-2020
    I fly with auto mixture as a rule. I will try reducing HP in the cfg file of the two affected planes. However as you say the strange thing is the actual lack of power, combined with the sound file issues.

Just having a spot of bother with my BoB Win 10 install - all was well in compatibility mode now it won't run. Just because I have tweaked NVidia inspector, shaders xml, and added 15 ai 3gb hurris, half a dozen ai spits, a whole passel of fs do-17s, he-111s and me 110s not to mention the p_36 and a Mohawk, all at the same time....

I really must cut back on the meds....

Once things are running again I can report back on this thread..

I wouldn't mess with the hp value until you are getting reasonable performance out of the aircraft.

Members who have read this thread: 0