Glenview NAS - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glenview NAS

Glenview was a popular destination or stopover for cross-country flights from just about everywhere in the NavAir world. A few aircraft from fleet squadrons and other reserve bases were almost always parked on the transient flight line.

Jet Age

NAS Glenview has entered the Jet Age. I just uploaded eight skin sets and an Ai scheme for Glenview around 1960.

Planes include the A-4 Skyhawk, TV-2 Shooting Star, S2F & US-2B Tracker, F9F Cougar, P2V Neptune and HUP Retriever.

That's about as far into time as I care to go. Someone might make up skins and AI for Glenview in the 1970s through 1990s, but that's beyond my eras of interest, so I'm not really interested.

Next I think I might go back in time and start fiddling about in the WW2 period. After installing Glenview in Golden Wings, putting in a bunch of static planes and AI for the pre-war period, we learned that Glenview didn't look even remotely like the Maskrider scenery until well into the war years. I want to keep the scenery in GW, but the anachronicity of the planes has been gnawing at me, so I think I'll replace all those pre-war planes with wartime aircraft. That shouldn't be too difficult; we have plenty of WW2 planes and skins for them.

Very nice skins Mick. My time at Glenview coincided with last of the A-4's, 1973. The town just couldn't take the noise I guess. Later the P-2V's and C-119's were replaced by P-3's and C-130's. I left in 1977 before the C-9 replaced the C-118's.

Members who have read this thread: 2